[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Kentucky Derby Thread

T_bone65

Don't even get me started on the $500+ I talked myself out of winning.

Funny thing is, the wife and I go to the Preakness every year, we were watching the horses getting loaded in today. Guess which horse she picks, I'll have another. In 2 weeks our luck won't be anywhere near as good picking a winner :lol:

Edited by T_bone65

Gil usually posts a thread about the Derby and does a write-up on each horse and their chances. Oh well.

That one horse led almost the whole way, and about 3/4 of the way it was ahead by a real lot, I think 5 lengths the announcer said. Then suddenly this other horse was like "not so fast" and started to close the gap, and when they all came galloping down the stretch you could totally tell that this other, better horse would take the lead and he did! So the first horse that was leading ended up coming in second and honestly the rest of them came across the finish line in such a jumbled mess that I don't think anyone was able to determine what order they all finished in, which probably wreaked havoc with the wagering, everyone got their money back. The horse that won the race was brown, and so was the little man riding him.

That one horse led almost the whole way, and about 3/4 of the way it was ahead by a real lot, I think 5 lengths the announcer said. Then suddenly this other horse was like "not so fast" and started to close the gap, and when they all came galloping down the stretch you could totally tell that this other, better horse would take the lead and he did! So the first horse that was leading ended up coming in second and honestly the rest of them came across the finish line in such a jumbled mess that I don't think anyone was able to determine what order they all finished in, which probably wreaked havoc with the wagering, everyone got their money back. The horse that won the race was brown, and so was the little man riding him.

This all would of been nice to know before the race there sparky.

I didn't cash on the race, but was even for the day on the undercard. The best thing about the day - I had neighbors over and placed 3 bets for them, and they all were winners. They nailed that exacta 8 times and scored big time. It was so cool to see them win $2500 in 2 minutes.

In hindsight, there were 8-12 that were very realistic.

I thought Gemologist and Alpha would run big, and Creative Cause and IHA would be underneath. I liked the Wood over the Santa Anita.

16 of us were out for a bachelor party and we each pitched in $21 to bet on a trifecta..at least that's what I think it was. I know nothing about horse racing or how/what you can bet on. They asked if I wanted in for $21..I said sure. All I know is we won $1,500. Only $80 a piece after taxes but still pretty cool and exciting.

Lost a bunch on the Derby. My friend in Fairhill MD is a trainer for Graham Motion. I loaded up on "Went the Day Well". He came in fourth. Velasquez made a strong run on the stretch but too little too late. 20 more yards of track and he would have had it. Would have been nice to see my friend hit 2 derby winners back 2 back. He got a large payout last year with Animal Kingdom.

Still up on the weekend. Hit the Kentucky Oaks on Friday. $40 in wagers and I hit a $2 exacta for $173.00 and a $1 trifecta for $293.60.

It just hasn't been the same since Barbaro . . . :(

Was he the one they butchered after the race and sold to Wiegie's In-laws for a cookout?