[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tournament #3 - Who's In?

Gopher

im not opposed to an occasional plug and play when facing a possible big score or when defense is needed but plug and play as a strategy defeats the purpose to me.

exactly....I did it once, maybe twice against cap'n in our finale....the one time was when he used all of his tiles on a TW......I then focused on the other available TW and lucked into something....

using it as your game is boring, it's either you know the word or you don't...don't pusslyfoot around...

Edited by Avernus

Are you saying that Irish is the only guy that puts letters on the board without knowing if it's a word?

I think he is saying Irish is one of the people who plug and plays as a strategy...instead of when he can't find a word to play...

What exactly is the skipped turn rule?

still not sure....I have had a game end where me and another player both skip turns because we can't place our final tiles and it gives the person who has the higher score the victory....but that clearly did not happen here....and even then...I swapped tiles once, maybe twice in a row I think....the game made me furious even though it is just a game....

Well, after being put on "hold" for nearly 24 hours (due to too many other patients in/going into labor), we were finally able to go to the hospital this morning. It looks like we were meant to have a 4th of July baby... Should happen sometime this afternoon, hopefully. :)

Well, after being put on "hold" for nearly 24 hours (due to too many other patients in/going into labor), we were finally able to go to the hospital this morning. It looks like we were meant to have a 4th of July baby... Should happen sometime this afternoon, hopefully. :)

Born on the 4th of July! Congrats! Right when it gets tense, you should remind the wife that it is her turn in the WWF game. Wouldn't that be cool.

Outstanding! Congratulations!

You should name the child after some obscure WWF word like QAT or AIOLI.

That's awesome Gopher! Good Luck and Congrats!

Outstanding! Congratulations!

You should name the child after some obscure WWF word like QAT or AIOLI.

He could name her Velaria. I played that in one of my games. Do you guys have a name picked out already Gopher?

My 21-month-old daughter named him about 3 weeks ago... Just out of the blue, she pointed at one of her extra sippy cups and said "Baby _______'s cup." Neither my wife or I have ever said the name to her, or have any idea where she might have heard it. We took it as a sign, I guess you could say... particularly since we both had no idea what we were going to name him, up until that point. :)

My 21-month-old daughter named him about 3 weeks ago... Just out of the blue, she pointed at one of her extra sippy cups and said "Baby _______'s cup." Neither my wife or I have ever said the name to her, or have any idea where she might have heard it. We took it as a sign, I guess you could say... particularly since we both had no idea what we were going to name him, up until that point. :)

That's pretty cool. Not sure he is going to enjoy growing up with the name Zippy though. ;)

scooby's hubby defeats tonorator in the tiebreaker ... it is a sad day for all that is good in the world.

i hope their marriage can survive their upcoming quarterfinal matchup.

nice games.

LOL! ... we are getting after it. She is one of those defensive players so we aren't buring through alot of tiles right now. Will post the results asap.

Dug and I have split the first 2. I barely got by him in the first and he killed me in the other. Rubber match to be started by him whenever he sends it.

Dug is ridiculously good! Plays defense better than anyone I've faced. He almost came back in the game I won because of his defense. I was up by about 100 and he almost pulled it out down the stretch.

Mason Daniel was born at 2:55 PM yesterday. Labor actually went very quickly, once it started (he was born basically an hour after I last posted here yesterday). Mom and baby are fine, and coming home tomorrow morning. Definitely a unique experience, having a baby on the 4th... the hospital was ominously quiet, almost as if we had the place to ourselves.

• Like 1

Mason Daniel was born at 2:55 PM yesterday. Labor actually went very quickly, once it started (he was born basically an hour after I last posted here yesterday). Mom and baby are fine, and coming home tomorrow morning. Definitely a unique experience, having a baby on the 4th... the hospital was ominously quiet, almost as if we had the place to ourselves.

:clap::brew:

congrats!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats!!!