[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Words With Friends Tournament #3 - Who's In?

Gopher

Good games, Irish.

Maybe next time I'll get all eight of the big point tiles ... :grumble:

It's good that I'm not too competitive. :unsure:

They were really good games and you held your own without having many of the big scoring tiles. Your dogs are amazing at WWF!!

But are your dogs competative?

They're more competitive than I am; they wanted to go eat Irish. After a couple of plays, they were wondering if he was using any aids. I told them they were being silly and gave them each a whole chicken to eat. They quickly forgot everything once they saw their birds.

They were really good games and you held your own without having many of the big scoring tiles. Your dogs are amazing at WWF!!

My dogs are amazing at looking cool. And giving really wet smooches.

They've only recently learned to play WWF.

Edited by muck

They're more competitive than I am; they wanted to go eat Irish. After a couple of plays, they were wondering if he was using any aids. I told them they were being silly and gave them each a whole chicken to eat. They quickly forgot everything once they saw their birds.

My dogs are amazing at looking cool. And giving really wet smooches.

They've only recently learned to play WWF.

So, you're saying that me advancing wasn't much of an accomplishment. LMAO! BTW, you did do a hell of a job using the Ws, Ks, Bs, Cs and other 4-5 pt letters in high scoring areas on the board. You're like a master of word placement and setup.

Oh and I love me some wet juicy smooches!

Edited by irish

Look, my dogs have only one one WWF match thus far ... so, no beating them isn't much of a big deal. They're pissed right after each loss, but are easily distracted.

Good luck in the next round! :D

Now, if the game was speed scrabble, and I was playing instead of my dogs, I'd kick yer arse.

I've updated all of the matches who have closed, as far as I know. Avernus, if you haven't heard from Czarina, I'd say we're safe to go ahead and start the next round. Let me know....

Avernus, beware! My suspician is that Gopher cheats, so install some cheating software. After a while, he played "ohias" to a triple word score, at a time I was well ahead. I do not have a dictionary that defines that word. I am sure you are quite capable, but if you want an alternative opinion, I would love to help!

Avernus, beware! My suspician is that Gopher cheats, so install some cheating software. After a while, he played "ohias" to a triple word score, at a time I was well ahead. I do not have a dictionary that defines that word. I am sure you are quite capable, but if you want an alternative opinion, I would love to help!

Rush limbaugh prints dictionaries?

• Like 1

I've played or had that word played on me at least a dozen times...and words like ae, aa, za, xi, qi ;) maybe those arent in the dictionary, but they are valid in wwf, so play em if you got em and it helps your score:)

I've played or had that word played on me at least a dozen times...and words like ae, aa, za, xi, qi ;) maybe those arent in the dictionary, but they are valid in wwf, so play em if you got em and it helps your score:)

That's the key, the longer you play the better you get it's just that simple. You see words played that you never would use, you see ways to place words to make multiple words in one turn and you learn how to use the board to your advantage while trying to not leave openings for your opponent. These are all things I had no clue about when I first started. I've learned so much playing guys on here and a couple personal friends who are great and am still learning.

Grunge might score his ohias score ever against me. He has dropped over 5 50 pointers on me and I am defenseless with a tile full of O's and r's

• Like 1

Me and MV were neck and neck in the rubber game until he got me on the last move.

But gotta say it kind of pisses me off that WWF does it that way to where the person who goes first can run out of tiles first and win. It likely wouldn't have mattered in ours because I had both a U and Z left (not many combos there), but if I'd had just the Z in a spot to beat him, then I'd be much more chapped that it didn't even give me an equal amount of turns as him to have the opportunity to match or beat him.

(And yes, I realize that this is how Scrabble works too, but many other games do make sure that both players get an equal amount of turns, and not an advantage because of going and running out first.).

Edited by delusions of grandeur

I was away for a wedding this weekend but was able to check in a few times. I had the lead towards the end of the rubber game but never had a comfortable league in any of the games. DoG finished strong and I needed to place my two last tiles to win or else lose. I had an I and e and didn't see much. Tried sie but sei was the deal.

Great games!

• Like 1

ohia-- some sort of Hawaiian plant and an important food source for natives birds... pronounced "oh-he-ah" :))

I actually knew what an ohia was, but that was because I've spent a lot of time there.

• Like 1