[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board League 10 Team Thread

DMD

Best ball format has me swinging for fences early with young guys who I think can put up monster games

1st pick was either going to be Fitz or Jones and I haven't landed Jones anywhere else so figured a good grab here

2nd pick of Murray was my highest rated RB left on the board, I hate the situation with the 'boys and injuries right now but hopefully they will lean on Murray until the rest of the team gets healthy

Is it me our did Grey Pilgrim just take 2 QBs back to back? Interesting strategy...

I'm not familiar with the best ball format so maybe I'm missing something. If someone can tell me the purpose of taking Rodgers in round 1 and then Stafford in round 2 that would be great. I thought you only got points for one QB per scoring period..

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the best ball format so maybe I'm missing something. If someone can tell me the purpose of taking Rodgers in round 1 and then Stafford in round 2 that would be great. I thought you only got points for one QB per scoring period..

Thanks!

You do. We only start 1 QB, as we can't even use a 2nd in the flex spot. So, taking 2 back to back doesn't make much sense at all. Maybe he was just thinking that he'll get premium points every week from the 2 Top Notch QBs but he would've done that any way with just having Rodgers. It was probably an attempt at blocking others from getting Stafford, since there are no trades.

You do. We only start 1 QB, as we can't even use a 2nd in the flex spot. So, taking 2 back to back doesn't make much sense at all. Maybe he was just thinking that he'll get premium points every week from the 2 Top Notch QBs but he would've done that any way with just having Rodgers. It was probably an attempt at blocking others from getting Stafford, since there are no trades.

Plus bye week, plus late season bench thread, plus injury, plus the occasional Stafford having a better week (happened 4 times in 2012). Just enough to make it interesting.

I know the flex options wasn't stated but I don't think I've ever seen a QB flex spot. I've read some of the posts in the other leagues that were started (the 8 team and 12 team version) and there has been mention of extending the roster to 24-25 spots since there are no waivers or trades. Any thoughts on that?

I understand it is common for flex spots to not allow QB's. But I didn't realize they "all" do. The only flex league I play in does allow a QB flex. But I guess that is uncommon. I never saw anything about no QB flex, so I assumed it was allowed.

Oh well, maybe Rodgers gets hurt in week 1 and I'll be smiling for having Stafford at that point. It's a long season. I'm not tapping out over one bad draft pick.

Let me clear it all up.....Ooops, big ooops. I saw we could play a flex, but didn't know it could not be a QB. Oh well, I will have to hope DMD gives out socks too.

I understand it is common for flex spots to not allow QB's. But I didn't realize they "all" do. The only flex league I play in does allow a QB flex. But I guess that is uncommon. I never saw anything about no QB flex, so I assumed it was allowed.

Oh well, maybe Rodgers gets hurt in week 1 and I'll be smiling for having Stafford at that point. It's a long season. I'm not tapping out over one bad draft pick.

I'd rather be hearing this explanation than hear you doing it to block others from drafting Stafford. Still threw things off a bit. Good Luck...

I know the flex options wasn't stated but I don't think I've ever seen a QB flex spot. I've read some of the posts in the other leagues that were started (the 8 team and 12 team version) and there has been mention of extending the roster to 24-25 spots since there are no waivers or trades. Any thoughts on that?

I don't think we need more roster spots. When you get down that far, you're scraping the stuff off the bottom of the stuff from the bottom of the barrel. :lol:

I don't think we need more roster spots. When you get down that far, you're scraping the stuff off the bottom of the stuff from the bottom of the barrel. :lol:

You just take star High School players.

A league full of QB whores...

No kiddin' these guys are insane about QBs. Never seen such crazy-ness!

It's not the bottom of the barrel guys I'm necessarily interested in, it's the amount of guys you can draft at say RB and WR. You can't pick up players or make trades so let's say you draft 5 wr's and 2 of them get injured, you now get the points from all 3 for the rest of the year even if they stink.