[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning this season...

codyj123_321

Interesting. He thinks I jumped on him when I actually protected him.

Ah, the BB method of hyping somebody as you cover your bases by making sure everyone knows you're not super serious if he ends up sucking.:rolleyes:...

Congrats on showing us how your bronco billy assholisheness overrides your good contributiions. :tup:

Ah, the BB method of hyping somebody as you cover your bases by making sure everyone knows you're not super serious if he ends up sucking.:rolleyes:...

Congrats on showing us how your bronco billy assholisheness overrides your good contributiions. :tup:

I'll send you a picture to put on your bedroom ceiling if it will help keep your unhealthy obsession with me off this board.

Ah, the BB method of hyping somebody as you cover your bases by making sure everyone knows you're not super serious if he ends up sucking. :rolleyes:...

I'm sorry. I don't remember kicking your dog.

Assuming that you drafted Eli Manning somewhere in the middle rounds and were able to draft studs at WR/TE/RB in the early rounds, I think you would stand a good chance repeating as champion of your league. I think targeting Eli middle to late is a legitimate draft strategy. If you don't win your league, it is unlikely that it will be because of the Eli pick. Good Luck.

I'm not surprised you two guys are bashing someone new.

:lol:

You really want to get in on this? Really?

DW gave him a traditional Huddle type welcome as a newbie here. Cody completely misinterpretted DW's response as an attack on his girlfriend - a position that I still can't figure out after reading DW's initial response - and decided to irrationally lace into DW. I tried to diffuse the situation, as well as answer his question, and Cody proceeds to escalate what is an already bad situation for himself by making weak excuses for but continuing to take his irrational stand, and then attempted to dictate how people are allowed to respond to his OP. Despite that, DW and I both gave him plenty of opportunity to back out of the situation he created gracefully and he plainly refused to do so.

That you can't figure this out does not surprise me in the least. Nor does DoG taking the opportunity to jump onto a sidetrack to take a cheap shot at DW using me as his unrelated foil.

Missing of course is the most important thing - this is the Huddle, thank all the powers that be. Shuck your panties and put on your freakin' manpants if you decide to open the door to engage in adversarial discourse.

Just read through this whole thing, and still not sure why DW and BB had to jump all over this guy. First post seemed pretty innocent to me. :shrug:

Agree, although DW didn't really jump on him, just went on a rant about how all huddlers are experts, with hot wives/GFs, etc.

Not sure if this is the new normal or not. I'm glad I had been reading the forums for a while before I joined and started to post. Then in the offseason I ventured into the tailgate, and that was another whole world there.

It seems like some just don't like noobs, and take pleasure in the going after the fresh meat.

Ha, I read the whole thread and I think it's a pretty good microcosim of the message board. You have your nice guys that are generally willing to help (Big Country), your smart asses who like to bust chops but are good guys (DW), and a-holes like BB.

Now BB will respond like he did to DoG that I'm stalking him.. But BB, neither DoG or I are stalking you. We're just calling you out for being an overly aggressive d-head. I agree with Chief Dick, this guy responses weren't bad at all.

DMD,

It's pompous asses like BB and DW that really hurt your business efforts. They drive people away by attacking people the way they do for pretty much no reason other than their own arrogance. It's that type of thing that will cause people to leave here and go elsewhere.

DMD,

It's pompous asses like BB and DW that really hurt your business efforts. They drive people away by attacking people the way they do for pretty much no reason other than their own arrogance. It's that type of thing that will cause people to leave here and go elsewhere.

I would hope that people can distinguish the difference between the The Huddle content and staff vs. The Huddle Forums and their practice of newbie hazing.

If you look at Eli's career stats, you'd see he does nothing but get better every year. Does that mean that in another 2-3 years he'll be beating Brees' season yardage or Brady's season TD records? No, but I don't think he's going to drop off much from last year unless his entire offensive line gets hit by a bus while crossing the street on their way to Hooters after a game. He's also not an injury risk, so he'll be there for you all year. If you didn't draft one of the "elite" QBs early, I like Eli as much as the any of the tier two QBs and think he may actually be a better value than the elites.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :peace:

Edited by Tripleshot

I had Eli last year and drafted him in one of my leagues this year. One of the issues Eli had last year is that he put 4-5 bad games. I tried to counter that by drafting Big Ben 3-4 rounds later. While I don't like to play the QB week-by-week guessing game. I figured that I could plug Big Ben in if need be.

I would hope that people can distinguish the difference between the The Huddle content and staff vs. The Huddle Forums and their practice of newbie hazing.

If you were a person surfing the net looking for a FF site to frequent, you would likely check out the forums before ponying up for pay content and then when you're greeted in this manner I don't think it's unreasonable at all to think that person may just say adios to the site entirely. First impressions are the lasting impressions. This site is not very civil in general and there are a few key folks who definitely drive people away. I think it's bad for DMD's business. I really do. Not everybody thinks that "hazing a newbie" is funny.

DMD,

I do note that I have not negatively characterized you, nor the others who have negatively characterized me. I do not see an attack on the original poster by me. One would have to really read between the lines to find that, and then one would have to be using reading glasses which convert all matters to a negative.

Still, you are entitled to your opinion. I hope you continue to share it freely as it comes accompanied by your avatar which is always a welcome sight.