[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you have any Lions Passing Option...trade them...

giantsfan

The Lions are a mess. They better right the ship and quickly.

You would have to think they would beat Minny in Detroit next week, and then they get a bye. They need to get some discipline on that team, and play their style of football. They are not a dink and dunk, run 50% of the time team. If they try to be they will lose badly.

Their D needs to tighten up as well. Today was a pretty bad performance by them on D and special teams. I still say they are a very poorly coached team..

This one was nailed.

1. I said enough with the dink and dunk balanced attack. That is not how this team has to play to win. They have to spread the field and throw the ball more. That is what they are built for. And once they started to do that, even before Stafford left, boom they moved the ball. It is how they HAVE to play on O. Run 60/40. Go downfield.

2. Like I said...this is a AWFULLY coached team. Last play shows it again. Schwartz didn't want to go for it, but the C didn't get the message. That is disgusting. What a TERRIBLE job by the coaches. They better beat Minny, and then split at Philly and at Chic after the bye, otherwise this season could go up in flames. And then Scwartz could get canned after next season if he doesn't get some control over this team ASAP.

This one was nailed.

1. I said enough with the dink and dunk balanced attack. That is not how this team has to play to win. They have to spread the field and throw the ball more. That is what they are built for. And once they started to do that, even before Stafford left, boom they moved the ball. It is how they HAVE to play on O. Run 60/40. Go downfield.

2. Like I said...this is a AWFULLY coached team. Last play shows it again. Schwartz didn't want to go for it, but the C didn't get the message. That is disgusting. What a TERRIBLE job by the coaches. They better beat Minny, and then split at Philly and at Chic after the bye, otherwise this season could go up in flames. And then Scwartz could get canned after next season if he doesn't get some control over this team ASAP.

Thank god they listened to your wise and sage advice.

While I am happy the Lions finally have some talent and Schwartz happened to be the head coach when we made the playoffs, it is time to make a change. Schwartz is not the reason this team made the playoffs last year. They made it in spite of him.

This team has no discipline and behave like a bunch of brainless thugs. I think it is important to establish a running game. LeShoure looked great yesterday and I see no problem with running the ball when you are getting good gains on first down doing it.

As a Calvin owner, I would love to see a wide open attack all the time. As a Lions fan, I prefer a more balanced approach. You can't throw it all over the place in Chicago and GB in the winter.

Giving up a 2 TDs on special teams is inexcusable. Can't happen unless someone doesn't do their job and gives up contain.

I haven't heard Schwartz say he didn't want to go for it, but, if that is the case, how the #### does that happen?

Schwartz is not the coach to take a talented young team to the next level. He doesn't know how to win.....

While I am happy the Lions finally have some talent and Schwartz happened to be the head coach when we made the playoffs, it is time to make a change. Schwartz is not the reason this team made the playoffs last year. They made it in spite of him.

This team has no discipline and behave like a bunch of brainless thugs. I think it is important to establish a running game. LeShoure looked great yesterday and I see no problem with running the ball when you are getting good gains on first down doing it.

As a Calvin owner, I would love to see a wide open attack all the time. As a Lions fan, I prefer a more balanced approach. You can't throw it all over the place in Chicago and GB in the winter.

Giving up a 2 TDs on special teams is inexcusable. Can't happen unless someone doesn't do their job and gives up contain.

I haven't heard Schwartz say he didn't want to go for it, but, if that is the case, how the #### does that happen?

Schwartz is not the coach to take a talented young team to the next level. He doesn't know how to win.....

The bolded is a good point, but how often do you end up actually playing in Chicago and/or GB in the winter? Looking at the past few years

2012 - @ CHI Oct 22 @ GB Dec 9

2011 - @ CHI Nov 12 @ GB Jan 1

2010 - @ CHI Sep 12 @ GB Oct 3

2009 - @ CHI Oct 4 @ GB Oct 18

2008 - @ CHI Nov 2 @ GB Dec 28

So in the past 5 years you have played 3 of those 10 games after Thanksgiving. Not sure how wintery any of those (or other earlier games) were. Sure you have to play in CHI & GB every year, but the chances of 1 or both of those games being in winter weather isn't that high.

The bolded is a good point, but how often do you end up actually playing in Chicago and/or GB in the winter? Looking at the past few years

2012 - @ CHI Oct 22 @ GB Dec 9

2011 - @ CHI Nov 12 @ GB Jan 1

2010 - @ CHI Sep 12 @ GB Oct 3

2009 - @ CHI Oct 4 @ GB Oct 18

2008 - @ CHI Nov 2 @ GB Dec 28

So in the past 5 years you have played 3 of those 10 games after Thanksgiving. Not sure how wintery any of those (or other earlier games) were. Sure you have to play in CHI & GB every year, but the chances of 1 or both of those games being in winter weather isn't that high.

Good point, but I don't understand what is negative about a real football team having a running game. It wasn't like they were running LeShoure into the line and he was getting stuffed. I will admit it was a little strange seeing the Lions trying to establish the run, but it was working. The problem was not the offensive gameplan. They scored 41 points. The problem was on defense and special teams.

Good point, but I don't understand what is negative about a real football team having a running game. It wasn't like they were running LeShoure into the line and he was getting stuffed. I will admit it was a little strange seeing the Lions trying to establish the run, but it was working. The problem was not the offensive gameplan. They scored 41 points. The problem was on defense and special teams.

Nothing wrong with having a balanced game plan. All teams need to run, even if they're terrible at it. Thing is the Lions top two players on offense are Stafford and Calvin. Handing off a lot is not using your most talented players. I agree when you score 41 the problem isn't your offense.

Nailed on Schwartz. He is a terrible coach from what I have seen. Team has ZERO discipline.

Disagree on the run part. No one is saying pass 75% of the time, but a team that has the weapons the Lions do needs to pass 60% of the time. Balanced attack/dink and dunk does NOT work for them. That is not what they are built for.

We saw it against SF. We saw it yesterday (those who say it was working watched a different game than I did yesterday). They were doing nothing on O. LeShoure was at 4 YPC. Once they said F it and started to play LIONS FOOTBALL shocker the O started to roll. Play to your strengths.

The 1 or 2 bad weather games they may have a season shouldn't make you play to NOT your strengths IMO.

The run 50% of the time, LeShoure at 4 YPC, dink and dunk stuff did not work for them. This is a down field passing team with the best WR in the game, and a great young QB at the helm. Play to your strengths.

• Like 1

Confused. How was it working? It was NOT working. They scored when they started to throw the ball and open up the O. They had like 9 points when they were running half the time and dinking and dunking. No one is saying never run. But they should always be a lean pass team. Not a 50/50 run/pass split team.

You would have to think they would beat Minny in Detroit next week

Prior to this week I would have agreed, but after watching the Vikes beat possibly the best team in the NFC, and watching the Lions suck balls and allow 44 points to the Titans, I wouldn't call this game a gimmie.

:takesoffhomerglasses:

I was happy with the offense in the first half except for the fact that they couldn't get the ball in the end zone. It felt like the OC was having fun playing with his new toy. I am not saying the offense or gameplan was perfect, but the offense was not the reason the Lions lost the game.It may have not been ideal for fantasy football owners, but if you score 41 points, your RB puts up 100 yards and you till lose, you have to point the finger at the defense and special teams.

If those first half FGs were TDs there wouldn't be a debate. They were in 3rd and short a lot in the first half. Just didn't convert in the red zone. I will admit it boggled my mind that they were running end arounds and little WR screens using Calvin as a blocker.

Why am I defending this coaching staff? They are terrible.

I was happy with the offense in the first half except for the fact that they couldn't get the ball in the end zone. It felt like the OC was having fun playing with his new toy. I am not saying the offense or gameplan was perfect, but the offense was not the reason the Lions lost the game.It may have not been ideal for fantasy football owners, but if you score 41 points, your RB puts up 100 yards and you till lose, you have to point the finger at the defense and special teams.

If those first half FGs were TDs there wouldn't be a debate. They were in 3rd and short a lot in the first half. Just didn't convert in the red zone. I will admit it boggled my mind that they were running end arounds and little WR screens using Calvin as a blocker.

Why am I defending this coaching staff? They are terrible.

Yes they scored 41 points, but they did so after they played offense the way the Lions should play offense. Sprinkle in the run, but pass more than run overall. Go downfield. No coincidence to me that they started to score big once they opened up the O and played their style.

We do agree on the coaches though. One of the worst coached teams in the league IMO.

The Lions should have used yesterday to get Stafford a bit untracked after a San Francisco game in which the Lions tried to run the ball too frequently.

Instead, they unveiled their new power running attack such that Stafford couldn't find a rhythym in the first half. And in the second half with the game on the line, the Lions had f*cking Joique Bell in the game because they had run Leshoure into the ground.

Leshoure looked good, but not good enough (3.8 yards a carry against a poor team that was daring the Lions to rush the ball) to change their entire offensive philosphy. The Lions offense from last year does not mesh with a power back carrying the ball 25+ times per game. I don't think that they can coexist.

Maybe the Lions play calling didn't cost them the game yesterday, but it was poor. Its something that they need to straighten out.

The Lions should have used yesterday to get Stafford a bit untracked after a San Francisco game in which the Lions tried to run the ball too frequently.

Instead, they unveiled their new power running attack such that Stafford couldn't find a rhythym in the first half. And in the second half with the game on the line, the Lions had f*cking Joique Bell in the game because they had run Leshoure into the ground.

Leshoure looked good, but not good enough (3.8 yards a carry against a poor team that was daring the Lions to rush the ball) to change their entire offensive philosphy. The Lions offense from last year does not mesh with a power back carrying the ball 25+ times per game. I don't think that they can coexist.

Maybe the Lions play calling didn't cost them the game yesterday, but it was poor. Its something that they need to straighten out.

Bingo. This is exactly my point. The way the Lions are run is crazy. Almost like the coaching staff doesn't get it at all. Under wraps until the 2nd half/4th Q. They need to wake up and play their game. LeShoure should get his 15-18 carries a game, and move on. That simple.