[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never star a Thursday night player.

Scorcher

I don't know about others but every player I have started in a Thurs night game has had their worst performance of the year, to include Ray Rice, (Chris Johnson outscored him last week!), Eli, Pitta, and now Danny Amendola. It just seems that the short week takes it's toll. A very bad idea by the greedy NFL.

• Like 1

Arizona's D/ST got me off to a great start in my money league :bash: ; not even half the output of their lowest total this season. I very rarely have anyone in a Thursday game do anything worthwhile for my team. The lone exception was Martellus Bennett against the Panthers a couple of weeks ago.

I know that there's been some high scoring games on Thursdays and on Thanksgiving because Defenses don't have the time to pick up their opponents.

True, I just think it's the nature of night games, no matter what night of the week, tending to be trap games, where players unexpectedly show up and disappear.

I've noticed this for years with sport-booking. It's maybe just more obvious here because you have to live with the decision all weekend.

Thursday night games are the worst. It is rare for big games for players. One thing our league talks about. I have sworn not to start players on Thursday night unless its a top flight player, but for the most part the games stink. I thought about starting Amendola, and he ends up with a broken clavicle.

I really wish they would scrap the Thursday night game. It is usually bad football.

Agreed.....it started for me with Cruz (coming off monster game, did nothing that Thursday night), then Cobb (ditto monster game. nothing..).....Richardon broke curse slightly last week with decent rushing/receiving yardage, and a score....

I think S Jackson had one of his better games so far as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks ago, I got a goose egg from Vernon Davis.

This week i got one point from the Vikings D in two leagues. The Vikings D at home.

Not the end of the world, but I hate bad starts.

:kicksrock::kicksrock:

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Two weeks ago, I got a goose egg from Vernon Davis.

This week i got one point from the Vikings D in two leagues. The Vikings D at home.

Not the end of the world, but I hate bad starts.

:kicksrock: :kicksrock:

I got 1 from them in my League too. Sucks big time to start out that way

So if TB slaughtered MIN on Sunday instead that 1 for the MIN D would feel better?

Yes. It would be one of many scores as opposed to the only one, so you would focus on it less. Also, you have two days and three nights to sit with it, instead of a max of one day/one night (assuming your game is decided on Monday).

Psychological effects aren't always logical. Knowing that still doesn't necessarily make it any better.

I had AP/VJax get well out-scored by Martin last night. If that had happened at 1pm on Sunday, I would have many other things to focus on...other than work.