[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Network's coverage

detlef

Kind of sucks. Now, in fairness, I was at a bar, so I didn't get the sound and, because I don't get the channel at home, I'm not sure how common this is, but they seemed to do a pretty bad job of televising the game.

One in particular, Lynch may or may not have fumbled at his own one on 1st down. SF throws the challenge flag, they go to commercial, and the next thing, we're back and it's 3rd and 4. Now, I'm sure they explained what happened when they came back, but they missed an entire play and, if they did explain it, they did so without much replay.

There were others, times where it seemed like they just moved on without a replay breaking down something. Again, perhaps they explained it and I didn't get it because I didn't have audio. But I've watched plenty of games like that and have typically found you could figure out what they were explaining by just watching the telecaster and replay.

All in all, seemed like pretty shabby coverage.

They quickly said that the ruling was forward progress was stopped, and that was not reviewable.

But they still missed the 2nd down play. I can't remember watching a game where that happened. At least, I'm very nearly certain they did.

Imagine the egg on their face if something crazy happened.

"Hey, while we were away, Seattle completed a hook and ladder for 95 yards. Here's the replay."

But they still missed the 2nd down play. I can't remember watching a game where that happened. At least, I'm very nearly certain they did.

Imagine the egg on their face if something crazy happened.

"Hey, while we were away, Seattle completed a hook and ladder for 95 yards. Here's the replay."

It was there. It was kind of a quick play, Lynch for 6, and right after they went back to the tape of the first down run to explain that the ruling had been forward progress and therefore no replay. Unless your local coverage or bar commandeered the slot, the play was broadcast.

I absolutely refuse to listen to Deion or Michael Irvin so I TIVO the whole thing so I can zoom past their diatribes, so much of the production value is lost on me. Thursday and Sunday night games for me are pretty much "lemme see how the players play so I can decide fantasy transactions and get to bed" exercises any more. Mayock also isn't nearly as impressive to me in large chunks as he is in nuggets. I thought I would enjoy him a lot more than I do.

All in all, I hope they nuke Thursday nights in favor of an extra 4:00 Sunday game in future years.

I'm just mad they didn't air it if you don't have the package or whatever. Looked forward to this game all week and had to stream it online..which hardly worked.

It's not like they just up and did this at the last minute. It's no secret that the Thursday games are on NFL, which you either have or you don't.

It was there. It was kind of a quick play, Lynch for 6, and right after they went back to the tape of the first down run to explain that the ruling had been forward progress and therefore no replay. Unless your local coverage or bar commandeered the slot, the play was broadcast.

I absolutely refuse to listen to Deion or Michael Irvin so I TIVO the whole thing so I can zoom past their diatribes, so much of the production value is lost on me. Thursday and Sunday night games for me are pretty much "lemme see how the players play so I can decide fantasy transactions and get to bed" exercises any more. Mayock also isn't nearly as impressive to me in large chunks as he is in nuggets. I thought I would enjoy him a lot more than I do.

All in all, I hope they nuke Thursday nights in favor of an extra 4:00 Sunday game in future years.

I agree...it kinds screws some fantasy owners because of the way leagues are...unless you're planning to trade on monday/tuesday...you really can't get your thursday night players on time....

I absolutely refuse to listen to Deion or Michael Irvin so I TIVO the whole thing so I can zoom past their diatribes, so much of the production value is lost on me.

I absolutely agree. If i didn't record TNF, then I'll mute when these 2 clowns speak, especially Irvin. I remember when he was on ESPN years past, and due to viewership complaints (and other issues), he was fired.

I absolutely agree. If i didn't record TNF, then I'll mute when these 2 clowns speak, especially Irvin. I remember when he was on ESPN years past, and due to viewership complaints (and other issues), he was fired.

Any shred of whatever kind of respect I had for him was lost when he kept referring to James Thrash as "James Trash" on the air.

Actually for some reason the last few ones have been on basic cable. No lie.

Talk to your TV provider, it isn't NFLN changing things like that. Maybe your provider had a free preview for a few weeks.

I've had NFLN for several years on Dish and it has never just been free on some other tier then disappeared (was part of my tier from the beginning).

As for production value, they are a little behind the others, but how long have they been showing games? Sure its been 5+ years, but this is the first year with close a full season of games, 13 total, all but the 4 weeks of the season, week 1 (NBC Kickoff game), weeks 16 & 17 (no Thu game) and Thanksgiving (again on NBC). NBC, ESPN, Fox and CBS have many years of experience, and their pick of all the better announcers (who would wants to work only 8 times a year, or even 13 now).

To me its an extra NFL game I get to see so I like it. If it were just another Sunday afternoon game, it only goes to a portion of the country.

Their coverage has always been awful. From the pregame shows to ceelo green to their own commercials self promoting themselves. It's like they have a 14 year old who's the program director.

Other networks don't include commericals for programs on thier network? Heck Fox got that whole thing going in baseball where they project different things behind home plate every inning. Production quality isn't great, ceelo theme sucks (new this year AFAIK), and the pregame, well I think all pre-game shows pretty much suck, are too long, have too many bozos talking and acting like buffons (including that tool Irvin ).

Meh, I regularly watch the channel and no real complaints here. Mayock at least seems to know what he is talking about most of the time. I DVR almost everything at least a little bit though so FF is my friend with every channel.

Is this the telecast team that has one that sounds like Sylvester the cat (thufferin' thuckatash) ?

Don't think so, Deirdorf is the one that comes to mind who sounds like that.

The announcers years ago were much worse, starting with Bryant Gumble who was very dry and monotone. Bob Popa (does Giants radio I think) was after that, then Nessler and Mayock (college announcers I think).

Edited by stevegrab

The thing I'm most sick of is definitely Cee-Lo screaming at me before the game and at almost every commercial break. It's by far the worst theme song of any of the tv stations, and they seem to think it's a gem that should be shoved in the face of its viewers all the time...

Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad Brad