[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams reportedly sign Titus Young

STL Fan

Apparently, the Rams felt the team was dangerously low on malcontent clubhouse cancer-type guys so they're giving him a shot. We might as well make Detroit an offer for Suh and make it official.

I hope Fisher knows what he is doing. He was able to somewhat handle Pacman.

(Rotoworld)Rams claimed Titus Young off waivers from the Lions.

Analysis: Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead strike again, and they have shown over their year-plus with the Rams that they're not afraid to take risks on bad character players. Many thought Young would pass through waivers unclaimed, but there was always the chance a team could swoop in and see if they can whip him into shape. There is little risk involved, as Young comes cheaply with two years left on his rookie contract. He'll step into a young Rams receiver corps, and he has a decent shot to enter 2013 as a starter on the outside

(Rotoworld)Rams claimed Titus Young off waivers from the Lions.

Analysis: Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead strike again, and they have shown over their year-plus with the Rams that they're not afraid to take risks on bad character players. Many thought Young would pass through waivers unclaimed, but there was always the chance a team could swoop in and see if they can whip him into shape. There is little risk involved, as Young comes cheaply with two years left on his rookie contract. He'll step into a young Rams receiver corps, and he has a decent shot to be in jail before the season begins.

fixed

I wonder where the notion came from that he'd clear waivers. They guys is talened. He may be a monumental d-bag, but for a WR starved team like the Rams he makes sense. Low risk high reward. If he's trouble the cut him loose and it doesn't really cost them much.

I wasn't aware that players who are under contract and released then claimed off waivers have their current contract assumed by the new team. Makes sense in a trade, but not sure why that is done when the player is released/cut by the team. You'd think their contract is voided at that point. Has it been like this for long, or something with the latest CBA?

• Like 1

I wonder where the notion came from that he'd clear waivers. They guys is talened. He may be a monumental d-bag, but for a WR starved team like the Rams he makes sense. Low risk high reward. If he's trouble the cut him loose and it doesn't really cost them much.

I agree. I think it was a smart move. If it doesn't work out, no biggie.

I wonder where the notion came from that he'd clear waivers.

I wasn't aware that players who are under contract and released then claimed off waivers have their current contract assumed by the new team. Makes sense in a trade, but not sure why that is done when the player is released/cut by the team. You'd think their contract is voided at that point. Has it been like this for long, or something with the latest CBA?

It's been reported that only the rams put a claim in on him.

The contract isn't voided if he's picked up through waivers. If he cleared waivers he'd be a UFA with the ability to get any kind of contract a team is willing to offer.

Forever. It's the counter-balance to the waiver process. How would you fairly give the guy the chance to negotiate?

Young just learned how to spell CFL. Good riddance. I agree with Taz in that it was a low-risk, potentially high reward deal, but I'm glad they were realistic and cut and ran. I read a report that some of the people at Rams Park who talked with him described him as just "not really being completely there." Buh-bye.

Young just learned how to spell CFL. Good riddance. I agree with Taz in that it was a low-risk, potentially high reward deal, but I'm glad they were realistic and cut and ran. I read a report that some of the people at Rams Park who talked with him described him as just "not really being completely there." Buh-bye.

If he gets his head screwed on straight, he's a dynamite WR. Otherwise, he's just a joker in the deck.