[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

Line of thought..... Seattle needs to get tougher on the run defense especially up the middle. Williams fits the bill to a D great with the run support and very good aginst the pass. This will allow Seattle to rest their DE more without having to shift them inside. Resigning the important DEs will take a priority in FA so this ick while best available makes their Defense better.

Not really looking for praise here, but what is everyones thoughts if the real draft played out like this. Do you think the Jets would take Geno, I feel like if our new GM wants to build from the draft that it's hard to pass up on a player that instantly upgrades a pitiful offense.

As for the Cowboys pick, I like going DT there with Cooper off the board, but I don't think that Hankins will be the guy. He's basically a space eater and the new defense being installed by Kiffin/Marrinelli depends on disruptors. Richardson would be that guy.

As for the Cowboys pick, I like going DT there with Cooper off the board, but I don't think that Hankins will be the guy. He's basically a space eater and the new defense being installed by Kiffin/Marrinelli depends on disruptors. Richardson would be that guy.

I debated between the 2. I think Hankins could become something under those defensive minds. Hankins is the most naturally gifted DT in the draft class, however, you don't always see it on the field. If kiff/marinelli can get him going it will be a great pick. Richardson plays too high many times and is inconsistent against the run.

Edited by irish

My thought process would have been a lot easier if the Broncos and Dumervil had settled things, and I might have picked a different guy pending the outcome. Without knowing though, I am opperating as though he will still be on the team. The Broncos need DT help and getting a DT that has the ability to rush the passer will only make this team more dangerous and take attention away from Miller and Dumervil. Short might be the best pass rushing DT in this draft.

For a Super Bowl contender the Patriots sure has a lot of needs and very few picks this year. I am sure BIll Belichick would love to trade down in this spot to get more picks, but since that is not an option I went with the BPA at DT, CB or WR and that was Banks.

Just a side note to those running this...if anyone gets too busy or bored with drafting for their team, I am willing to take the team over to keep things going. Don't know how far you guys have gotten with this in the past, but who says we cant make the whole thing?

Just a side note to those running this...if anyone gets too busy or bored with drafting for their team, I am willing to take the team over to keep things going. Don't know how far you guys have gotten with this in the past, but who says we cant make the whole thing?

The most we've ever done in a mock that I've run is 3 rounds and most years we're happy to get through 2.

No kidding. Anything past 2, 3 rounds is such a guessing game and if you know that much about that many players - maybe you need another hobby. ;)

PS irish I don't know who "dog" is - no such person on the member list.

No kidding. Anything past 2, 3 rounds is such a guessing game and if you know that much about that many players - maybe you need another hobby. ;)

PS irish I don't know who "dog" is - no such person on the member list.

I already PM'd him and you know damn well who DoG is. That may've helped...

nope sorry but glad it's covered

Delusions of Grandeur = DoG

Falcons select Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M. May add commentary tomorrow since it's late, but the Falcons could go a lot of different directions with FA and the draft, so going with the safe choice, even if Abe stays, will still need a good young pass-rusher and he fits the bill to me for Nolan's hybrid defense.

sorry for the delay, i have been busy building out a new brewery as well as running our current one. busy busy busy.

Thanks for the reminders!

49'ers looked a little flat when Justin Smith was out, time to get younger and move on after Cowboy is done

sorry for the delay, i have been busy building out a new brewery as well as running our current one.

And you chose that over a dorky online mock draft?? :pflag:

Very happy to see Trufant there. Jags have cut anyone who even looks like a CB and were already in need, so easy pick, though was considering several of the DLs who went right before this pick.

Bears pick is first clunker IMO. Could use the boost at TE but Ertz not worth it there.

Clunker huh? Kind of like all of your posts? :pickle: Don't you have a bet to welch on somewhere? :thinking:

And :rofl: at the resident drunk "liking" your post. Shocker.

Bears need OL. In this "mock", all the OLs with first-round grades already went. Tavon Austin made some sense but they already have two solid WR options. Almost grabbed a LB (won't namedrop since one of those I was considerign is still there) but opted for the most polished TE in this draft, a HUGE area of need for the Bears. Read the scouting reports on this guy. He's light years better than the Stanfurd TE that came out last year, IMO.

Bottom line, this is a mock. Are we trying to project what we think these teams are going to do? What we think they should do? :shrug: It's a message board mock. Stop taking things so f'n seriously. Clunker. :rofl:

Clunker huh? Kind of like all of your posts? :pickle: Don't you have a bet to welch on somewhere? :thinking:

Bears need OL. In this "mock", all the OLs with first-round grades already went. Tavon Austin made some sense but they already have two solid WR options. Almost grabbed a LB (won't namedrop since one of those I was considerign is still there) but opted for the most polished TE in this draft, a HUGE area of need for the Bears. Read the scouting reports on this guy. He's light years better than the Stanfurd TE that came out last year, IMO.

Bottom line, this is a mock. Are we trying to project what we think these teams are going to do? What we think they should do? :shrug: It's a message board mock. Stop taking things so f'n seriously. Clunker. :rofl:

Now that they have Bennett, the TE need is not so much, but hindsight is 20/20.

Anyone remember when Darin wasnt so bitter and sensitive?

Anyone.............? Anyone at all? Bueller??

:pokey:

• Like 1