[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2013 Huddlers' NFL Mock Draft (Commentary ONLY)...

irish

I didn't think you could trade in this mock - ?

Agree Werner is a good value pick, though the Fins have bigger needs. If Johnson had made it to them, IMO that should have been the pick, since Long is gone. Someone is gonna overpay for that guy.

A lot of people have the Panthers taking a DT or OG, but all my preferred choices were taken. I think the Panthers can wait and get another quality DT that will be better at stopping the run.

Every year, it seems the Panthers need a CB and unless we snag a quality back in free agency, I think landing a quality CB in the second round may be unlikely.

Agree Werner is a good value pick, though the Fins have bigger needs. If Johnson had made it to them, IMO that should have been the pick, since Long is gone. Someone is gonna overpay for that guy.

I also would have gone with Lane Johnson, but knew Taz was taking him. Werner was by far BPA

Value vs need is a tricky line to dance.

IMO the Rhodes pick is a solid one. Though really I think this is the most hard-to-pick-badly draft I have seen in a long time. Lotta guys who are so close in general value, talent etc and of course all teams have mult. needs.

Hopefully it's not the Colts - I read an article last week somewhere stating he was one of the top FA's on their target list. I'll post it if I can find it somewhere. Hopefully that's all it ever turns out to be, just a rumor...

Picking Vaccaro is no shock with all of the OLine guys off the board, which I am hoping will not happen. It is now become more and more apparent that this may be the scenario so safety will due with the top safety on the board. Vaccaro fills a huge need in the secondary.

Picking Vaccaro is no shock with all of the OLine guys off the board, which I am hoping will not happen. It is now become more and more apparent that this may be the scenario so safety will due with the top safety on the board. Vaccaro fills a huge need in the secondary.

Excellent pick! I was definitely going to grab him for the Boys. I think Vaccaro will go higher on draft day.

There are quite a few safeties I like if Vaccaro would have been off the board. I seriously do not know where I would have went if Vaccaro and all the OLine dudes were off the board.

Also, if Dion Jordan is still on the board at 16 would he fit into a 4-3 linebacker slot? I have read he can pretty much fit into the LB spot in either the 3-4 or 4-3 but was curious.

This is the part of this years draft where there are a TON of pro quality players but no real standouts. Now to find them :brow:

Edited by peteteacher2001

The Bears have a ton of holes to fill right now, and obviously still have a ton of issues on the OL. Stud OLs have rocketed to the top end of this draft, and while we're tempted to take an eventual replacement for Brian Urlacher, we'll go with another need here.

Zach Ertz isn't a blazer, but has a nice set of hands and is a terrific blocker. Instant upgrade at TE. With Marshall and Jeffrey demanding attention on the edges, Ertz may do some serious damage in the middle of the field.

We all know that The Bengals don't downgrade prospects for character concerns. Ogletree has the kind of talent to warrant an even higher selection, so it makes sense here. I think Ogletree is better suited for WLB in the NFL. Burfict will be moving to the middle this year. This is all assuming they are able to resign Andre Smith. Otherwise, D.J. Fluker would be the pick.

Steal. I nearly took him for the Browns, but they can't afford the risks. This is a game-changing athlete on the field. The things he can do as a player and athlete are astounding, and he's just starting to learn to play the position. If he can become a good pass rusher he'll be a many time DPOY.

Rams fans want a weapon? Austin is the guy. Since Danny Amendolas future is still unknown I'm taking the muti-skilled Austin. Besides, Danny could never quite stay healthy. I went back and forth with Austin and DT Richardson but in the end, the Rams had some of the worst red zone numbers and I don't think I have seen a kick return TD since Tony Horne. A big receiver like Keenan Allan was also something to think about but the Rams have last years 33rd pick, Brian Quick still developing and he's a big dude too. Quick, Givens, Austin give them a quality corp of young receivers for Bradford for years to come.

Safety and a weapon for Bradford in round 1. Mission accomplished.

I think receiver was the way to go here.

Percy Harvin's future seems to be in limbo. And according to rumors, he could pull a VJax and sit out the first 10 games of the season. There are rumors that Harvin could be traded, and there are rumors that Minnesota is interested in Mike Wallace.

Jerome Simpson and Devin Aromashodu are free agents and not expected to return. Michael Jenkins was released, leaving the team with Jarius Wright, Stephen Burton and Greg Childs.

Allen is 6'2", 210 pounds and has great hands. He can make the tough grabs across the middle and usually does a lot of damage after the catch. I think he would be a great complement for Harvin or Wallace.

• Like 1

Rams fans want a weapon? Austin is the guy. Since Danny Amendolas future is still unknown I'm taking the muti-skilled Austin. Besides, Danny could never quite stay healthy. I went back and forth with Austin and DT Richardson but in the end, the Rams had some of the worst red zone numbers and I don't think I have seen a kick return TD since Tony Horne. A big receiver like Keenan Allan was also something to think about but the Rams have last years 33rd pick, Brian Quick still developing and he's a big dude too. Quick, Givens, Austin give them a quality corp of young receivers for Bradford for years to come.

Safety and a weapon for Bradford in round 1. Mission accomplished.

I was hoping Austin would fall a little bit farther... :smashpc:

Taking Mingo for the Steelers turns out to be a good pick with Harrison cut now. If only this were real. LoL!