[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

Also, would you start Pierre Thomas vs Buffalo or Mike James vs Panthers this week?

I'm trying to pick up James (waiver #6) to fill in for Rice BYE week but not sure who should I start. James have tough matchup this week too but ROS should have value.

Another owner in my league is very interested in Reed. He wants a good TE.

Here's his team:

QB: Rivers

WR: Djax, Blackmon, Fitz, Bowe, Austin, Hartline

RB: Trent, Bush, L'bell, Greene, Hunter

TE: Fleener

He offered me Blackmon, Austin (I'll probably drop) for my Reed, Douglas

How do you guys feel about this?

He wanted Gronk but for Blackmon but I much rather keep Gronk. Waited this long for him to be back

Do you see ANY other Trade value that would benefit me?

My teams in sig.

Tell him Reed for Blackmon . tell him Blackmon has a hammy ( which he does but he also had it the week before last when he got so many catches). I understand if he wants a little something else but Douglas is no longer a little something else. hes a guy you look at like a 1000 yard WR.

Tell him its straight up or no deal. giving up Douglas is almost like giving him back Blackmon. then see if he lowers his offer to like Reed and Jennings for Blackmon. then jump on it.

I really feel Douglas will do what Blackmon does for the rest of this year.

Only thing that sucks is Reed has a excellent matcup again and is gonna do well this week.

hey,

thanks for your advices highkite, won this week now i'm at 5-2-0

for next matchday, i need a WR (Brandon Marshall bye) and a TE (Garrett Graham bye) and i want to drop Chandler...

do you have any ideas?

best regards from austria

Chrismeister, glad to hear you are kicking some butt. I need more info from you my friend. who is on your WW and who are you gonna cut to get the WR you want?

The thing I can say is I don't blame you for cutting Chandler as in all rights he should of had a good week. he had the matchup and he was open.

I know if Reuben Randle is on your waivers he should be picked up. Nicks is playing like a man who don't care and I expect him to be either traded or cut (hopefully traded to my Lions). also Durham still did decent with Calvin back. that was what I was waiting to see before getting on the Durham wagon.I am on it now.

Anyways Chris put your team down and some top waiver choices that are out there and it is much easier than guessing.

Also, would you start Pierre Thomas vs Buffalo or Mike James vs Panthers this week?

I'm trying to pick up James (waiver #6) to fill in for Rice BYE week but not sure who should I start. James have tough matchup this week too but ROS should have value.

I want to say Mike James just because he should double Pierres touches. but, Pierre has the Bills who cannot stop the run and Pierres recieving yards also make it where he is safer. so I go Pierre until we see if James is involved in the passing game.

HK - kind of a lot here, but I'll try to keep it as condensed as possible. Team in my sig, and I'm 3-4 barely clinging to the last playoff spot.

First off, there is another owner struggling, and he has J Thomas and R Gronkowski - he's obviously trying to move one. He offered me J Thomas for V Cruz. He also offered to throw in Vick in return for Kapernick if I wanted to take a chance on Vick. Either of them Vick/Kap will be my backup to Newton. Before saying yes or no, here's what I'm trying to do on the waiver wire..

I have the 3rd waiver priority. I'm obviously dropping D Martin, and also considering dropping T Wright, but here's my potential claims:

#1 - J Boykins for D Martin

#2 - D Heyward-Bey for D Martin (have a strong feeling DHB will get every opportunity to produce)

#3 - D Heyward-Bey for T Wright (in the event I get Boykins and can land DHB in the 2nd)

- getting BOTH of these WR's is a long shot, but if I do, I can now afford to give up Cruz for J Thomas

#4 - J Reed for T Wright

#5 - M James for T Wright

Other guys on the WW are:

M James (TB RB)

D Brown (IND RB)

R Helu

A Brown (NYG RB)

I know I can get Reed with my first pick as team #1 has J Graham and has other holes, team #2 has Gonzalez and he too has a lot of other holes. I'm about 99.9% sure I can get him. If I do, I can more than likely kiss Boykins goodbye. He won't be there for my 2nd move. However DHB may as he's not a "hot" commodity yet as he hasn't torn it up this year, and the Colts are on bye.

If you were me, would you put in a claim to get Reed off the wire tonight, or would you make a play for one of these WR's and then trade Cruz for J Thomas??? FWIW, based on AVERAGE points/game, Cruz is at 17 points a game, Thomas is at 18 points a game. M Bennett (my current TE) is averaging 11 points a game. So this trade would be a 1 point a game upgrade straight across, but a 7 point a game upgrade at my TE spot. I guess my question here is, do you think Boykins or DHB will average anything more than 11 a game here on out? If they do, this trade makes sense for me - I think. But if I get Reed, there's no need to make this trade as he looks like a solid TE from here on out..

Man, I don't know what to do anymore.. I guess my top priority should be how to I use my waiver picks this week?

I appreciate ANY input or advice you can offer. Thanks brother!! :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

Thx for advice last week. This week I need 2 for standard scoring. Fred Jackson @ NO, Colston vs Bills, or Cecil Shorts vs SF.

Also - would it be worth it to stash Crabtree or Manningham (playoffs weeks 14-16)?

No problem JT. ths is how I see the 3..

Fred Jackson - His sprained Knee scares me but if he plays against the Saints he is involved enough in the passing game to make him servicable with a hint of upside if they shut Spiller down.

Marques Colston - I expect Colsten to bounce back this week and for the team to go out of their way to get him the ball. I am sure it was a major topic during their bye week.

Cecil Shorts- S.F. should pummel the Jaguars if so the Jaguars will be throwing alot. S.F. gave up almost 300 yards in the air to Arizona and Tennessee in their wins and should be about the same for Jville yardage wise. Shorts is bound to get some of that 300.

If I am picking 2 I go Jackson (as of now) and Shorts. the fact that the Saints are playing the Bills who you can run all over slightly scares me with Colston.

As far as the Crabtree, Manningham pickup..Kaep has has only 1 game this year where he threw more than 30 times in a game (his 1st game) and has thrown for over 200 only twice.. just aint alot of chances over there to get catches.

HK - kind of a lot here, but I'll try to keep it as condensed as possible. Team in my sig, and I'm 3-4 barely clinging to the last playoff spot.

First off, there is another owner struggling, and he has J Thomas and R Gronkowski - he's obviously trying to move one. He offered me J Thomas for V Cruz. He also offered to throw in Vick in return for Kapernick if I wanted to take a chance on Vick. Either of them Vick/Kap will be my backup to Newton. Before saying yes or no, here's what I'm trying to do on the waiver wire..

I have the 3rd waiver priority. I'm obviously dropping D Martin, and also considering dropping T Wright, but here's my potential claims:

#1 - J Boykins for D Martin

#2 - D Heyward-Bey for D Martin (have a strong feeling DHB will get every opportunity to produce)

#3 - D Heyward-Bey for T Wright (in the event I get Boykins and can land DHB in the 2nd)

- getting BOTH of these WR's is a long shot, but if I do, I can now afford to give up Cruz for J Thomas

#4 - J Reed for T Wright

#5 - M James for T Wright

Other guys on the WW are:

M James (TB RB)

D Brown (IND RB)

R Helu

A Brown (NYG RB)

I know I can get Reed with my first pick as team #1 has J Graham and has other holes, team #2 has Gonzalez and he too has a lot of other holes. I'm about 99.9% sure I can get him. If I do, I can more than likely kiss Boykins goodbye. He won't be there for my 2nd move. However DHB may as he's not a "hot" commodity yet as he hasn't torn it up this year, and the Colts are on bye.

If you were me, would you put in a claim to get Reed off the wire tonight, or would you make a play for one of these WR's and then trade Cruz for J Thomas??? FWIW, based on AVERAGE points/game, Cruz is at 17 points a game, Thomas is at 18 points a game. M Bennett (my current TE) is averaging 11 points a game. So this trade would be a 1 point a game upgrade straight across, but a 7 point a game upgrade at my TE spot. I guess my question here is, do you think Boykins or DHB will average anything more than 11 a game here on out? If they do, this trade makes sense for me - I think. But if I get Reed, there's no need to make this trade as he looks like a solid TE from here on out..

Man, I don't know what to do anymore.. I guess my top priority should be how to I use my waiver picks this week?

I appreciate ANY input or advice you can offer. Thanks brother!! :)

1st let me say you are giving up on Martin already huh? I am holding him until more definate news comes out and I am hoping it comes out today so I can know what to do. so if you have any links I would love check it out.

Reed is for real. he can play. my biggest worry about him is he looks like he is hurt after every catch. he did me well last week in a couple leagues.

I would go after Reed as you need a TE badly this week with Bennett on the Bye.

Your WR's are not good enough for you to afford to lose Cruz. if you can get Reed you got 2 good TE's. it will be you trading a TE for a WR after this week. Bennett is a real deal TE and Reed is too.

If it were not for Bennetts Bye week I would be advising 1 of the WR's instead of Reed as your 3rd WR spot is dicey. Reed has a nice matchup this week too though. he is your guy.

• Like 1

1st let me say you are giving up on Martin already huh? I am holding him until more definate news comes out and I am hoping it comes out today so I can know what to do. so if you have any links I would love check it out.

Reed is for real. he can play. my biggest worry about him is he looks like he is hurt after every catch. he did me well last week in a couple leagues.

I would go after Reed as you need a TE badly this week with Bennett on the Bye.

Your WR's are not good enough for you to afford to lose Cruz. if you can get Reed you got 2 good TE's. it will be you trading a TE for a WR after this week. Bennett is a real deal TE and Reed is too.

If it were not for Bennetts Bye week I would be advising 1 of the WR's instead of Reed as your 3rd WR spot is dicey. Reed has a nice matchup this week too though. he is your guy.

Much appreciated.. As for Martin, he's gonna be at least a few weeks, if not the whole season. If I didn't have the depth I do at RB, I'd hang on to him till something more definitive comes out. This week I'm rolling out Lacy and Bernard, and next week Foster/Tate will be back for FLEX. In a few weeks I'll have Vereen back. I can certainly use another WR as I'll need one next week with only Green/Wallace playing. I'll need a 3rd one. Would love to be able to roll out Boykin or DHB. I drank the T Wright Kool-Aid hard last week, and after making a trade for Bennett, I took a bigger swing for the fence in passing on Reed and going all in on Wright. GDamnIt... I hate fantasy football.. :) Edited by Shorttynaz

Hey HK,

I'm in a 14 team league (standard, non-ppr) and am in a major bind this week.

I get 1st waiver pick and must pickup a WR, though I was thinking of picking up Mike James or Chris Ivory as well.

Current lineup:

QB - Wilson

RB - Ellington, J.Randle

WR - R.Randle, open

TE - Gronk

K - Crosby

DEF - KC

Bench:

QB - Roethlisberger

RB - Spiller, Bryce Brown, CJ2K(bye)

WR - A.Johnson(bye), Jeffery(bye)

TE - M.Bennett(bye)

1. Should I pickup Mike James or Chris Ivory and a WR or just a WR only?

2. Who should I drop if I pickup a RB & WR or a WR only? Ellington or Big Ben or both?

Thanks again!

Much appreciated.. As for Martin, he's gonna be at least a few weeks, if not the whole season. If I didn't have the depth I do at RB, I'd hang on to him till something more definitive comes out. This week I'm rolling out Lacy and Bernard, and next week Foster/Tate will be back for FLEX. In a few weeks I'll have Vereen back. I can certainly use another WR as I'll need one next week with only Green/Wallace playing. I'll need a 3rd one. Would love to be able to roll out Boykin or DHB. I drank the T Wright Kool-Aid hard last week, and after making a trade for Bennett, I took a bigger swing for the fence in passing on Reed and going all in on Wright. GDamnIt... I hate fantasy football.. :)

I am still drinking the Tim Wright Kool Aid. just Reed's Kool Aid taste better.

I got a league where I am rolling out Bernard and Lacy too so you will have a partner on that.

I actually had a league where I picked up both Reed and Wright last week just Reeds matchup was jucier. as it is this week.

Yeah I hear you on the severity of Martin I just want to make sure. I have seen this happen and the dude all the sudden is ready to play a week later. but my hopes are not high and I am prepping up to cut him too.

• Like 1

Hey HK,

I'm in a 14 team league (standard, non-ppr) and am in a major bind this week.

I get 1st waiver pick and must pickup a WR, though I was thinking of picking up Mike James or Chris Ivory as well.

Current lineup:

QB - Wilson

RB - Ellington, J.Randle

WR - R.Randle, open

TE - Gronk

K - Crosby

DEF - KC

Bench:

QB - Roethlisberger

RB - Spiller, Bryce Brown, CJ2K(bye)

WR - A.Johnson(bye), Jeffery(bye)

TE - M.Bennett(bye)

1. Should I pickup Mike James or Chris Ivory and a WR or just a WR only?

2. Who should I drop if I pickup a RB & WR or a WR only? Ellington or Big Ben or both?

Thanks again!

I am gonna answer this like Doug Martin is done for the year but keep your eye on this information as the day goes along.

1. I would pickup James ( or Ivory) and a WR.

2.I would drop Big Ben and Bryce Brown.

If Martin is done for the year it is James job. and you need a RB in bad way . then I would try to get me a WR. I know it stinks to lose Bryce Brown as the handcuff for Philly is important but I think Ellington is gonna be servicable the rest of the way and in your situation you need all your backs to be a option right now.

Edited by HighKite

I am gonna answer this like Doug Martin is done for the year but keep your eye on this information as the day goes along.

1. I would pickup James ( or Ivory) and a WR.

2.I would drop Big Ben and Bryce Brown.

If Martin is done for the year it is James job. and you need a RB in bad way . then I would try to get me a WR. I know it stinks to lose Bryce Brown as the handcuff for Philly is important but I think Ellington is gonna be servicable the rest of the way and in your situation you need all your backs to be a option right now.

Thanks bro for your valuable advice! Have a great day!

Chrismeister, glad to hear you are kicking some butt. I need more info from you my friend. who is on your WW and who are you gonna cut to get the WR you want?

The thing I can say is I don't blame you for cutting Chandler as in all rights he should of had a good week. he had the matchup and he was open.

I know if Reuben Randle is on your waivers he should be picked up. Nicks is playing like a man who don't care and I expect him to be either traded or cut (hopefully traded to my Lions). also Durham still did decent with Calvin back. that was what I was waiting to see before getting on the Durham wagon.I am on it now.

Anyways Chris put your team down and some top waiver choices that are out there and it is much easier than guessing.

Hope this helps you a litte bit:

My RB is Reggie Bush, my WR is Demariyus Thomas...on the W/R position normally there is Brandon Marshall...

On the Bench there are Sproles, Bell and LaFell...maybe one of them is a good replacement for the next Matchday (Nicks and Durham are FA)

The only position i'm not satisfied is TE...My two TE's are Garrett Graham und Jospeh Fauria (what do you think about him?) - i guess my big mistake was to drop Clay.

Edited by chrismeister

Hope this helps you a litte bit:

My RB is Reggie Bush, my WR is Demariyus Thomas...on the W/R position normally there is Brandon Marshall...

On the Bench there are Sproles, Bell and LaFell...maybe one of them is a good replacement for the next Matchday (Nicks and Durham are FA)

The only position i'm not satisfied is TE...My two TE's are Garrett Graham und Jospeh Fauria (what do you think about him?) - i guess my big mistake was to drop Clay.

What is your scoring system my friend ? because Sproles would be a fine fill in in most systems.

Also if guys like Nicks are on the waiver wire in your league who else is because Nicks should not be on waivers.

At TE is Jordan Reed on your waivers? if he is drop Fauria and pick him up ( unless this is a TD only league) . if it is a TD only league drop Graham.

Thanks again for answering my questions. The other owner wouldn't do anything but Douglas for Blackmon so that didnt go through.

How would you set up my lineup for week 8. Allen, Jeffrey, Rice on Bye week.

I was thinking

WR: Douglas, Jennings (Harvin if he comes back)

RB: Gore, ?

TE: Gronk

Flex: Reed

For RB it's between P. Thomas, J.Bell, M. James if I pick him up for waiver.

Thanks again for answering my questions. The other owner wouldn't do anything but Douglas for Blackmon so that didnt go through.

How would you set up my lineup for week 8. Allen, Jeffrey, Rice on Bye week.

I was thinking

WR: Douglas, Jennings (Harvin if he comes back)

RB: Gore, ?

TE: Gronk

Flex: Reed

For RB it's between P. Thomas, J.Bell, M. James if I pick him up for waiver.

If you can get James I would start James. but I go Pierre with the RB's you have right now.

James will be the every down back is why I like him over Pierre Thomas as we all know Sproles is gonna get his.

And you are welcome my friend.

Hey I was wondering if this is a good trade. I am currently 1-6 and desperate to make a move. I am short at reciever since Cobb went down and won't be back till the first week of playoffs. Do you think a trade of my Bennett for his Boykin is a good trade? or am I giving up too much? Here is my roster:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1681/0wqg.png

Hey I was wondering if this is a good trade. I am currently 1-6 and desperate to make a move. I am short at reciever since Cobb went down and won't be back till the first week of playoffs. Do you think a trade of my Bennett for his Boykin is a good trade? or am I giving up too much? Here is my roster:

http://img89.imagesh...9/1681/0wqg.png

I think it is a trade that works out for both parties. Boykin should be solid unless injured. great QB's make good WR's and Rodgers is great.

I'm currently 4-3 in a 16man standard league. I'm trying to strengthen my team. Would like to get Peyton and Marshall. If I offer A.P. and Gordon am I winning? Please see my team below. Was then hoping to trade Romo for a strong RB.

WoW , that's a offer. I would personally rather have AP and Gordon but it is close.

Don't think you will get a strong RB for Romo. but if you can you should make it now.

I was just offered my choice of Romo, or Cam along with L. Bell, and Danny Amendola. All for the price of Demarius Thomas. What do you guys think? He is extremely week at WR and I am pretty frail at QB so cam of romo would be a nice addition.....any advice would be awesome!

I would keep Damaryius Thomas myself.

I think it is impossible to trust putting Amendola in your lineup as he don't fiish so many games. he is a zero machine. L. Bell is a solid 3rd back and Romo/Cam are nice but all the guys you are getting are replacable. the guy you are giving up is not.

Edited by HighKite