[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer my view to anyone wanting fantasy advice

HighKite

AP for AJ Green. Standard non PPR scoring with bonuses for breaking 100 yards.

I'm 3-4

RBs: Forte, Lacy, and Mcgahee

WRS: Green, Djax, and Gordon

Start two each.

Forte on Bye this week.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would in any format. being it is not PPR that is just more reason to do it. plus the Vikes have already had their bye week.

Plus you got 2 nice WR's behind Green.

With Lacy's matchup this week you are gonna have 3 RB's with alot of value at the end of the week if you make this deal.

Not to undercut your opinion here, but even with the loss of Bradford? STL is gonna look like the Vikings did the other night. NO passing game. Seattle is gonna stack 8-9 guys in the box on most plays as they have Sherman/Browner to cover the WR's regardless of what backup QB is gonna throw to them. I think this is bad news for Stacy. (by the way - I responded in your post, Seattle Sucks, with pretty much the same answer).

I look at the commitment teams have with their RB's. and they seem ultra committed to Stacy. when teams are committed to their backs they find other ways to get them involved ( passing game) even when they cannot run. plus you got the factor of possible garbage yards. Bradford is to me a very good QB and he still had to constantly check down because he has no time. Clemons not being that good of a QB will turn to his RB's and TE's much quicker than Bradford did IMO.

Would you trade Percy Harvin for Zac Stacy? 12 team/standard scoring/6 pt TD..I am pretty sold at WR but need a RB depth..Thanks

If I needed RB depth I would.

Did you do the pretend "Harvin is gonna be a stud can you throw a little something else in" gig ? try that before making it but at the end of the day I would make the deal as it is if I needed a RB badly.

Need help with my lineup again this weekend particularly at one flex position. I play in a 14 team standard scoring IDP league (can only flex WRs and RBs) and this is how my team looks right now. I'm not sure what to do with my 3rd flex position, right now I have Cecil Shorts in but I'm debating putting Andre Ellington in because he's got a pretty good matchup against Atlanta, I'm also somewhat debating putting Lamar Miller at this spot but he's been driving me nuts, every time I play him he gets 0-2 points for me, pathetic I'm about to completely give up on him. I also just picked up Chris Ivory who I'll consider as well if you give me a good reason. Thanks for your advice!

QB Ben Roethlisberger

WR Josh Gordon

RB Adrian Peterson

TE Julius Thomas

W/R Zack Stacy

W/R Harry Douglas

W/R Cecil Shorts

K Garret Hartley

Defense

D Daryl Washington

D Paul Posluszny

D Lavonte David

Bench

BN Andrew Luck (on Bye)

BN Andre Ellington

BN David Wilson (hurt)

BN Jimmy Graham (still out but I'll start him at TE if he's in)

BN Lamar Miller

BN Chris Ivory

BN Terrell Suggs (on Bye)

This is how I see the players you reference...

Shorts - should be enough garbage yards to go around for both Blackmon and Shorts this week. I like him more if it is PPR.I expect a game this week like he had last week. 80 yards

Ellington - should go back to the weeks before they ran into seattle last week. which makes Ellington in my eyes very servicable. I could see him doing the 80 yards I predicted for Shorts. I don't have the confidence in him I do in Shorts though as the more Arizona is in the game the more Mendenhall is on the field.

Miller - I have given up on Miller. it is a shame because I really do not see what Thomas offers. he cannot even block as good as Miller. but, I give up. that preseason timeshare stuff they talked about that none of us believed, well I guess we believe now. Miller had the matchup last week and it was not his 1st good matchup and yet again failed. I cut him in 1 league. so that means he runs for 200 yards this week. :)

Ivory - he a "watch another week " guy before he can go in lineups. I thought he looked horrible myself last week. but they kept feeding him and they won. 3 yards a carry is not to impressive though. plus Cincy's line is tougher than N.E.'s

I would do what you are doing and go with Shorts. I feel he has proven all year when he plays he gets stats. less downside to him.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!* I just wanted to point out that you now have the #1 all time post in this forum. Has the most views, as well as the highest number of replies *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

You deserve some sort of award man. You've helped a lot of people here. Thanks a million!! :)

I deseve a award that looks like this --------> :nerd:

You are welcome brother.

• Like 1

I guess it all depends on how big of a week he has against Denver. If he has a big week and I can get a solid RB2 for him I wouldn't be disappointed.

The owner of Chris Johnson doesn't even have enough RBs to field a full squad this week due to BYEs and injuries. I could try offering Wallace and Pierre Thomas for CJ. I'm not very high on CJ though myself. He seems like a boom or bust guy that might create headaches for me. He does have a somewhat favorable schedule moving forward, but is he really worth the headache? If I was able to make that trade I would have to decide between CJ or Garcon at the flex on a weekly basis (except for Weeks 11 and 12 for RB byes).

The other kicker to this is that I am up against this owner this week. I almost feel that I shouldn't offer the trade just because it may come back to bite me if I lose the matchup.

Yeah I would wait til after the week unles you expect he is working offers from other people.

As far as the Wallace, Pierre Thomas trade I think I would do that. if you go look at Johnsons last 4 games they are making a strong effort to get him involved in the passing game and it has resulted in 2 recieving TD's in the last 3 weeks and as you said he has 2 nice matchups in a row after the bye week.

I have been quietly trying to get Johnson myself in trades. the TD last week might have killed it off though. 2 in 3 weeks people remember.

Edited by HighKite

Yeah I would wait til after the week unles you expect he is working offers from other people.

As far as the Wallace, Pierre Thomas trade I think I would do that. if you go look at Johnsons last 4 games they are making a strong effort to get him involved in the passing game and it has resulted in 2 recieving TD's in the last 3 weeks and as you said he has 2 nice matchups in a row after the bye week.

I have been quietly trying to get Johnson myself in trades. the TD last week might have killed it off though. 2 in 3 weeks people remember.

I'm sure he is fielding offers, but it appears that no one wants to trade in this league. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been one this season. He offered up Cameron or Julius Thomas a week or 2 ago as we discussed and no one bit there either.

While I think it would be much easier to swing CJ for Wallace and Thomas this week I have to wait it out. He is going to have to either play me with a few missing starters or make a few add/drops in free agency during the week for whatever is left. Either way I'll be going up against fliers and iffy players. For all I know he drops someone that is worth grabbing and stashing.

In a non ppr 12 team league would you trade Willis McGahee for Jordan Reed? McGahee hasn't really done much and his upcoming schedule is brutal. Would also allow me to drop Cumberland and grab a speculative WR to replace Randall Cobb.

Current Roster:

QB: Rivers, Pryor

RB: Rice, L. Bell, Ridley, Ivory, McGahee, Martin (IR)

WR: Green, Gordon, Shorts, S. Johnson (had Cobb too)

TE: Cumberland

K: Bryant

D: Packers

I'm sure he is fielding offers, but it appears that no one wants to trade in this league. As far as I'm aware there hasn't been one this season. He offered up Cameron or Julius Thomas a week or 2 ago as we discussed and no one bit there either.

While I think it would be much easier to swing CJ for Wallace and Thomas this week I have to wait it out. He is going to have to either play me with a few missing starters or make a few add/drops in free agency during the week for whatever is left. Either way I'll be going up against fliers and iffy players. For all I know he drops someone that is worth grabbing and stashing.

Yep and a win is what you want. not trading could win you the week.

• Like 1

12 team Standard Scoring

I have 2 RB's on BYE

I think Im going to start Pierre Thomas for 1 RB but for RB2 I need to pick between Jacquizz Rodgers vs. Ari. & Chris Ivory vs. Cin.

For Flex it's between Harry Douglas vs. Ari or Terrance Williams vs. Det.

One more for you HK..

Offered J Thomas and R White for V Cruz and M Bennett. If White were healthy, I'd do it. But he's not, and his status is unknown - this is also why he's offering it. Trying to sell me on the fact that he's selling White at a severe discount..

I was thinking of countering and asking him to give me Gronkowski instead of J Thomas (yes, he has both and very actively trying to dump one of them as points on the bench don't do any good).

This would further upgrade me at TE, but it would cost me a WR, something I no longer can afford to lose. Should I roll with Reed and Cruz, or should I take a chance - do it, and roll with Gronk and R White (hoping that he gets healthy).

In a non ppr 12 team league would you trade Willis McGahee for Jordan Reed? McGahee hasn't really done much and his upcoming schedule is brutal. Would also allow me to drop Cumberland and grab a speculative WR to replace Randall Cobb.

Current Roster:

QB: Rivers, Pryor

RB: Rice, L. Bell, Ridley, Ivory, McGahee, Martin (IR)

WR: Green, Gordon, Shorts, S. Johnson (had Cobb too)

TE: Cumberland

K: Bryant

D: Packers

I would definately trade Mcgahee for Reed if could find someone who would do it.

My team is in my signature, 10 person league, standard scoring. Jacquizz Rodgers, Danny Woodhead and CJ Spiller are all on the wire, free for the taking. Is it worth making a move for one of them or should I stand pat?

Spiller should be on a team as a just-in-case. but I cannot figure out who you would drop.

Just accepted a trade

I send: Reed

He send: Morris

I won this trade hands down right? Should I be worried about helu taking carries away from Morris. Reed's a stud now that RG3 is healthy but I have Gronk.

Edited by winters2k

12 team Standard Scoring

I have 2 RB's on BYE

I think Im going to start Pierre Thomas for 1 RB but for RB2 I need to pick between Jacquizz Rodgers vs. Ari. & Chris Ivory vs. Cin.

For Flex it's between Harry Douglas vs. Ari or Terrance Williams vs. Det.

Pierre Thomas is someone who has the makings of some serious upside if he keeps eating snaps up or a Sproles injury.as of now he is steady and there is worse bye week fillers to have. he plays the Bills who have given up over 120 yards rushing in 5 of their 7 games. and if they (the Saints) end up beating them up on the ground Pierre Thomas will head that.

Rodgers matchup looks to me to be more a " Rodgers game" than a "Snelling game". I know the Cards are coming off of 2 straight games of getting ran on but that was by the Niners and Seahawks 2 teams that are gonna run on most teams. they have not let no mid range RB's like Rodgers or Snelling do to well running the ball. you know what that means, they throw the ball . which is why I call it a "Rodgers game".

Ivory is coming off a game noone expected outside of the Jets clubhouse. and not sure they did. I think they just planed to ram the Patriots all game and being Ivory is 20 pounds heavier than Powell they went heavy. I was not personally impressed by him and expect it to be more of a split in carries in his matchup this week against Cinci. and Cinci's line is much better than N.E.'s. you won't be able to run right into it.

I would go Rodgers myself.

For Flex you got 2 guys I like ,

Douglas is a guy I think you can play every week. even when White comes back. Atlanta throws the ball and they throw downfield to their WR's, whoever they may be. they are Douglas right now.

Williams looks good and my Lions are capable of making him a household name. Williams has a whole slew of good games coming up. he is gonna be good for you as long as Austin sits and maybe even then.

I think I go with Williams. 3 straight games with a TD and a solid matchup

One more for you HK..

Offered J Thomas and R White for V Cruz and M Bennett. If White were healthy, I'd do it. But he's not, and his status is unknown - this is also why he's offering it. Trying to sell me on the fact that he's selling White at a severe discount..

I was thinking of countering and asking him to give me Gronkowski instead of J Thomas (yes, he has both and very actively trying to dump one of them as points on the bench don't do any good).

This would further upgrade me at TE, but it would cost me a WR, something I no longer can afford to lose. Should I roll with Reed and Cruz, or should I take a chance - do it, and roll with Gronk and R White (hoping that he gets healthy).

I don't blame you, I would definately pass on the Thomas and White.even with Gronk, Gronk is a beast but TE is not a problem for you anymore. you got 2 good 1's. why create a weak spot at WR ? It would be different if White was 3/4 of White. but he is not and may not be this year. even if he is it will take you that long of having a hole in your lineup.

HK, thanks man for all your advice, you really should start a YouTube video with all your knowledge.

Hey who should I start in my flex, C. Ivory Or M. James this week?

I have had alot of Ivory questions today and it is no secret that I am not a fan. I think it was a gameplan to run a bigger back at N.E. so they could try and control the clock. I believe he goes back to splitting carries again. another week and I will then jump in late to the party. he has a bad matchup against Cinci who's line is much better than the Patriots and he only averaged 3 yards a carry against them. I think this week they go to the smaller back who can try and get outside (Powell).

James has a horrid matchup. but I do love how when Martin went down there was no 2nd thoughts about who was taking over. that was James. it is James job good or bad so at least you know you can count on some big touches.

Of these 2 I hate to have to start either but if I have to choose I go James for the reasons I stated above.

Also, thank you for the compliments and glad I could help.

Just accepted a trade

I send: Reed

He send: Morris

I won this trade hands down right? Should I be worried about helu taking carries away from Morris. Reed's a stud now that RG3 is healthy but I have Gronk.

I would be happy with this trade if I was you. just if Reed gets off this week don't be to down on yourself. he has a great matchup for himself. the payoff will come down the stretch if not immediately.

My team is in my sig. Now that Wayne is done for the season I am nervous about going forward with Luck as my starter. The trade I was offered was:

I give - Jordy Nelson and Jordan Reed

I receive - Jimmy Graham and Kaepernick

I can't decide exactly how high I am on Reed and I am nervous about Graham's injury situation.

Thanks for all your help. Just looking for a 2nd opinion of my starters for this week. My entire roster is in my signature.

Starting:

Newton

Bernard - only RB this week

VJax

Cruz

Antonio Brown

T Williams

Jordan Reed

Blair Walsh

I don't think that's bad considering I have five on a bye this week. I just picked up Williams and Reed this week.

That only leaves Amendola and Brandon Jacobs available on my bench. Would you sit any of my starters for one of them?

Another question is: Helu is available on the WW. Would you drop anybody to pick him up? I dropped Doug Martin to get Reed, but I may try and get him back next week, but don't know who I would drop to get him either. I guess I'm asking who do you see as my weakest link? Jay Cutler and then just carry one QB?

My reason for bringing back Martin would be more as a keeper for next year because I don't see two on my roster right now that I would want to keep and we have to keep two.

Thanks again, Jim

My team is in my sig. Now that Wayne is done for the season I am nervous about going forward with Luck as my starter. The trade I was offered was:

I give - Jordy Nelson and Jordan Reed

I receive - Jimmy Graham and Kaepernick

I can't decide exactly how high I am on Reed and I am nervous about Graham's injury situation.

I am with you. Grahams injury has be nervous. plus Kaep is not playing very well either. meanwhile you are giving up 2 players that will contribute right now.

In the heart of the season when the wins realy start counting I could not trade 2 guys who can help me win now for guys who can hopefully make me better later. plus I don't know if your WR's can handle the loss of Nelson.

Funny how the fantasy year shakes out huh? after week 5 you could of gotten just about anyone for Graham.

Luck scares me no more now than he already had. Indy came into this doing something most did not expect, playing complete football and not having to rely on 40 throws from Luck. that is good for the team but fantasywise it is a killer. to me Luck is a rotation QB at this point and not a guy who is a sure start every week.

This is for Team 2 in my sig. Little bit early, but I'm trying to get a jump on the weekend. For W/T 2 & 3 I've get Edelman and Blackmon starting for now. Edelman has really been a low end WR3 most of the season and Gabbert is healthy again which in my eyes lowers Blackmon's value. Last week I watched Williams and Douglas both score big on my bench. Should I roll with them instead of Edelman and Blackmon at WR 2 & 3? I also have Boykin who I could plug in there as well.

Thanks HK

Edited by Rimmytose