[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos backfield

achap14

No, I would be dropping McGahee, who I claimed off the wire last night so that I can pick up Ball, who was dropped in my league.

I could have just picked up Ball as a FA and not burned my #2 waiver, but then I would have had no shot at landing McGahee. Does that make sense?

Ok that makes sense. I only play in one league which is a 5 player keeper, so I wasn't even considering that Ball was a free agent. Won't get into giving a lot of advice, but even in a redraft league I think I'd rather have Ball going forward than McGahee. Sounds like you claimed McGahee off waivers before he was officially signed witht the Browns which is a waste. (We also pay $2 per added player so making moves is something you plan and think more on.) Somebody else could have swooped in and taken Ball in the meantime.

Must be a pretty small league for a talented RB like Ball (who will be starting at some point) to be a free agent.

Ok that makes sense. I only play in one league which is a 5 player keeper, so I wasn't even considering that Ball was a free agent. Won't get into giving a lot of advice, but even in a redraft league I think I'd rather have Ball going forward than McGahee. Sounds like you claimed McGahee off waivers before he was officially signed witht the Browns which is a waste. (We also pay $2 per added player so making moves is something you plan and think more on.) Somebody else could have swooped in and taken Ball in the meantime.

Must be a pretty small league for a talented RB like Ball (who will be starting at some point) to be a free agent.

No it's actually a 12-man league. Lol did you happen to look at twitter and see how many millions of people sprinted to add McGahee? I knew it was pending a physical with the Browns, and he just passed one for the Giants...so chances were pretty high and I ended up being right. Either way, if he ends up being completely worthless, I'll have to look elsewhere for a RB4. Hardly the end of the world, and its a low risk high reward situation. Just hate I don't have a spot for Ball too.

I also grabbed McGahee off the WW on Wednesday immediately after hearing of the Richardson trade. Starting bell cow RBs are not easy to come by after the season starts, and waiting for the sure thing means someone else will move before you do.

Seems like a pretty smart move to me, but I'm biased. And as much as I like Ball in his situation in DEN, McGahee is the sure thing while Ball is speculation right now.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I also grabbed McGahee off the WW on Wednesday immediately after hearing of the Richardson trade. Starting bell cow RBs are not easy to come by after the season starts, and waiting for the sure thing means someone else will move before you do.

Seems like a pretty smart move to me, but I'm biased. And as much as I like Ball in his situation in DEN, McGahee is the sure thing while Ball is speculation right now.

My basic point is that for me in a keeper league I'm thinking Ball if he's avaible (he wouldn't be) long before I'm grabbing McGahee who isn't even on a team yet.

As for their potential, I'd rather have 30-40% of the DEN RB points running game than 60-80% of the Browns running game. And I'm probably a little biased because I think the Browns are going to struggle mightily on offense, will get down early in many games and completely abandon the run. I suppose the RB could get a lot with check downs in garbage time, but have little confidence overall.

PS I didn't hear the news until 10PM Eastern, and went to grab McGahee right away too, but he was gone already. I wasn't waiting until the team signed him either.

I think BB has it nailed. I would add however, that Moreno is not only capable of taking on the blitz, he's a fantastic blocker. The block he threw during the Giants game was stellar. I don't see Ball or Hillman blocking like that anytime soon. And that my keep Moreno at #1 longer than expected. Even if Ball really starts to stand out as a runner, he's no where near the blocker.

Having said that, Moreno will be hurt at some point during the season and either Ball or Hillman will be forced to step in. Hillman may become fantasy relevant sooner rather than later.

I think BB has it nailed. I would add however, that Moreno is not only capable of taking on the blitz, he's a fantastic blocker. The block he threw during the Giants game was stellar. I don't see Ball or Hillman blocking like that anytime soon. And that my keep Moreno at #1 longer than expected. Even if Ball really starts to stand out as a runner, he's no where near the blocker.

Having said that, Moreno will be hurt at some point during the season and either Ball or Hillman will be forced to step in. Hillman may become fantasy relevant sooner rather than later.

Moreno got Manning straightened out when he whiffed on a block also. Manning just happened to have barely thrown the ball when it happened.

The "Moreno is the uber-blocker only guy who can protect Manning" story is getting tiresome. If all that mattered was protecting Manning, DEN would hire Shokner.

My basic point is that for me in a keeper league I'm thinking Ball if he's avaible (he wouldn't be) long before I'm grabbing McGahee who isn't even on a team yet.

As for their potential, I'd rather have 30-40% of the DEN RB points running game than 60-80% of the Browns running game. And I'm probably a little biased because I think the Browns are going to struggle mightily on offense, will get down early in many games and completely abandon the run. I suppose the RB could get a lot with check downs in garbage time, but have little confidence overall.

PS I didn't hear the news until 10PM Eastern, and went to grab McGahee right away too, but he was gone already. I wasn't waiting until the team signed him either.

You were a little late to the party, bro. McGahee passed his physical yesterday.

I like McGahee and agree with BB that he has produced when given the chance and think he will do so again for the Brownies. However, the ceiling is definitely lower here, they when he was elsewhere because of the rest of the sucky offense and because of the fact that Silent G will more than likely be the receiving back on 3rd downs and when the Browns are behind (every week).

If you look at Richardson's stats over the first 2 games, his value, which was mediocre, came from the receptions. In week 1, he had 2 for 30 (5 pts) and 5 for 21 (7.1 pts) in week 2. He was targeted 11 times over those 2 games. Take those receptions away and he had 4.7 pts in week 1 and 5.8 pts in week 2 and had only 13 rushing attempts in week 1 and 18 in week 2. If McGahee can't find a way to run the ball better, it'll end up being a rush to the WW for nothing.

Moreno got Manning straightened out when he whiffed on a block also. Manning just happened to have barely thrown the ball when it happened.

The "Moreno is the uber-blocker only guy who can protect Manning" story is getting tiresome. If all that mattered was protecting Manning, DEN would hire Shokner.

Just add Fred “The Hammer” Williamson as “Spearchucker” Jones from M.A.S.H. and you've got something. With a backfield like that nobody would dare touch Peyton.