[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ands that's how the top teams go down...

Zooty

Every year. One or two of the top teams in the league are riding a hugh offense and every year in the fantasy playoffs that team sputters. The Brady/ Moss record year. Now this year with the Manning, Moreno, WR/TE team. Can't wait for the threads about how Manning made them lose in the playoffs. I'm already starting mine. LOL

Ironically, as a 2007 Brady owner, I was knocked out of the FF playoffs by the Manning owner. The only loss that I had to that point was the week NE played MIA and Brady threw 4 of his 5 TD's to Moss, who was in my opponent's lineup.

I cant wait to read them Huddle naysayers threads..."But wait, Isnt the huddle supposed to fix my lineup to win all the time. My skill level all year in FF was astounding. I want my money back!"

manning didn't have that bad of a game. i've got him in one league and he won't be the reason if i lose.

He will if I lose , this I just posted in the Game Thread

Damn Peyton if I lose by 10pts I'm going to blame you !

Not my Stud RB that only gets me 8pts

Not my WR1 that only gets 5pts

Or my TE that gets shut out

And definitely not my kicker if he only gets 1pt

Nope it will be all your fault Peyton & I will talk crap about you for the rest of the season !

Where the heck is the 35pts I'm so used to getting from you ?

manning didn't have that bad of a game. i've got him in one league and he won't be the reason if i lose.

+1

289, 2, 1 is not that bad. Obviously not the hugh statline Manning owners were hoping for (and accustomed to). But there are a LOT of QBs who have consistently put up worse numbers than that this season. Eli comes immediately to mind.

+1

289, 2, 1 is not that bad. Obviously not the hugh statline Manning owners were hoping for (and accustomed to). But there are a LOT of QBs who have consistently put up worse numbers than that this season. Eli comes immediately to mind.

If you have been starting Eli then you probably aren't in the playoffs

• Like 1

No, it will be his supporting cast that might cause the loss. DThomas, EDecker, KMoreno, JThomas, et al. This was a Broncos TEAM failure, and if you started one or more of these guys (like I did), good luck.

No, it will be his supporting cast that might cause the loss. DThomas, EDecker, KMoreno, JThomas, et al. This was a Broncos TEAM failure, and if you started one or more of these guys (like I did), good luck.

I actually played against 3 of those last night but can I still blame Peyton if I lose :thinking::wink:

That was the point I was trying to make..... God forbid that Josh Gordon goes 2-23 with no TDs :woot:

It was his 5th "average" performance in my league, with a score between 10-20 (scoring: 6/td, 1/50passyds, -1/int). I was rather surprised to see that, but he is only human and 250-300 & 2TDs is still a pretty good game for most QBs.

Peyton owner in our league has a pretty stacked team so he is still looking ok.

I have Rivers and after the first half I expected at least one more TD and more yards, but it became a running game in the second half to eat up the clock.

You guys are all right, the bad games by the DEN supporting cast are going to hurt. Nobody is starting Caldwell who got most of the points. I have Demaryius and that could hurt me since my WR core is where I have my big advantage. Luckily I had a bye last week when Megatron had an off week. I would have still beat some teams that were in it, but think I may have lost if I had to play.

It was his 5th "average" performance in my league, with a score between 10-20 (scoring: 6/td, 1/50passyds, -1/int). I was rather surprised to see that, but he is only human and 250-300 & 2TDs is still a pretty good game for most QBs.

Peyton owner in our league has a pretty stacked team so he is still looking ok.

I have Rivers and after the first half I expected at least one more TD and more yards, but it became a running game in the second half to eat up the clock.

You guys are all right, the bad games by the DEN supporting cast are going to hurt. Nobody is starting Caldwell who got most of the points. I have Demaryius and that could hurt me since my WR core is where I have my big advantage. Luckily I had a bye last week when Megatron had an off week. I would have still beat some teams that were in it, but think I may have lost if I had to play.

Calvin alone is more than capable of making up for poor games by the rest of your starting receivers, lol. After last week, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for 180 and 2 or more this week(providing the heat inside the dome doesn't break and the fire sprinklers burst causing a blizzard).

I can understand if you had several Broncos going how you might be sunk (though that's the risk you take when you have players from the same offense), but if you're sunk because Peyton put up a 289/2/1 performance, then sorry, you should probably be grateful then that he was even able to carry you into the playoffs.

Aside from teams who get lucky down the stretch, those who tend to win in the playoffs are those who have enough strength to be able to withstand one of their guys flopping. Teams have to deal with someone underperforming most weeks, and it's usually worse than your QB only getting you 20+ points.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Aside from teams who get lucky down the stretch, those who tend to win in the playoffs are those who have enough strength to be able to withstand one of their guys flopping. Teams have to deal with someone underperforming most weeks, and it's usually worse than your QB only getting you 20+ points.

This.

#1 seed in one of my leagues started Manning Moreno Decker and Thomas for 4 of his 10 starters this week... Needless to say I'm sure he's far from thrilled. I'm #2 seed and I do not want to face him in the championship if I get there as he as been a monster all year

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

#1 seed in one of my leagues started Manning Moreno Decker and Thomas for 4 of his 10 starters this week... Needless to say I'm sure he's far from thrilled. I'm #2 seed and I do not want to face him in the championship if I get there as he as been a monster all year

Obviously he should have diversified through trade before the playoffs, because you're playing with fire counting on 4 guys from an offense to carry you through the playoffs where every loss counts. 4 guys starting from an offense is simply too much, no matter how good they are, because when that offense has a bad game, you're just sunk.

• Like 1

i am cooked in all my playoffs :bash:

:nono: I got lucky Manning didn't go off against me last night but no way are you close to cooked. I'd actually still say you have the advantage.

Demaryius might be a reason teams lose,

:(:( Lowest output of the season this week.