[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players you regret drafting, or passing on?

Shorttynaz

I agree, Ball looked slow and indecisive. To me, it looked as though they have put such a fear of fumbling, he kept both arms so firmly wrapped around the ball, he was not running with any explosion. He just kept grabbing it tightly and trying to run to the hole that was called. Again, so worried about ball security, they have killed his ability to run fluidly.

Very concerned based on drafting him in the first round.

Edited by gspot

Not too worried about Ball. He's one of the few backs in the league who gets a bulk of his teams carries.

On that note, wondering how many people will regret passing on Arian Foster. Love him or hate him, he's another one of those backs who gets a bulk of his teams carries.

After the new video that just surfaced I'm starting to regret drafting Ray Rice. Other than that Vincent Jackson was kind of a letdown this first week. :( Hopefully he'll not end up like Victor Cruz did for me last year.

EDIT: Not regretting yet, but where's Jimmy Graham's TD this week? Only net me 5 points...maybe grabbing him in the 1st wasn't the best idea. Probably should've gotten a more elite receiver instead. Yeah, just looked I could've got Megatron in the 1st and Julius Thomas in the 3rd. Dumb move on my part.

Edited by ShuckCreations

It's week 1 fellas. WEEK 1. Teams are tired at the end of 4 quarters and guys that aren't going to do all that well as the season gets going have the opportunity to shine against tired defenders. After the first four games when teams get their conditioning up to snuff the true "Players" will start to climb to the top. The first game of the year is all about getting up early and hanging on in the end. New England, Jacksonville, and Chicago are good examples. In the fourth quarter the decision making started to become questionable and the execution declined as players that were not use to playing four quarters started to make mistakes. Even Brady was gassed in Miami. You saw a big difference in the way New England played in the first vs. second half. By the fourth quarter they were rotating on every other play and the O line looked gassed.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

In fairness he hurt his knee and still played against a great defense.

I hope he is ok. I have Martin and Stacy in a dynasty league. I need them to put up respectable numbers and I probably can contend for the championship again.

Edited by blips

Not too worried about Ball. He's one of the few backs in the league who gets a bulk of his teams carries.

On that note, wondering how many people will regret passing on Arian Foster. Love him or hate him, he's another one of those backs who gets a bulk of his teams carries.

I let Foster go, he was doing great last year until he suddenly went down. He had hammy problems during the pre season. He's not the kind of player that fades, it's just an all of a sudden lights out.

Steven Jackson and Devonta Freeman...I think they are going to run SJax into the grave probably 50-60 yards per game, the rest will be split between Freeman and Rodgers barring SJax injury.

Same here. I took Sjax in the 9th and followed him up with Freeman in the 10th. Jackson did have a respectable 4+ YPC though. Would be nice to see them stick with him..

Had a great draft. Wish i would have taken julius Thomas instead of Gronk, who looked very slow against Miami

He'll come around. Looked like he was nursing that knee a little. Thomas is competing with a LOT of mouths in Denver - especially with Welker comes back

So far I like my draft. My regrets?

-Ball over Lynch (I don't think this will be bad, but 3 ypc against the Colts with Peyton opening up the defense has me worried)

-Rams Defense over Carolina (while I am giving the Rams another week, they looked like a dumpster fire last week)

-Cecil Shorts over Reggie Wayne (Shorts is pure porcelain and given I have Andrew Luck, I failed to get his main receiver when he was on the board)

-Lamar Miller over Knowshown Moreno (If Miller gets the passing downs like they say he is and gets 10-12 carries a day he could be at least serviceable, but Moreno was a horse Sunday)

Edited by kwolf68

So far I like my draft. My regrets?

-Ball over Lynch (I don't think this will be bad, but 3 ypc against the Colts with Peyton opening up the defense has me worried)

-Rams Defense over Carolina (while I am giving the Rams another week, they looked like a dumpster fire last week)

-Cecil Shorts over Reggie Wayne (Shorts is pure porcelain and given I have Andrew Luck, I failed to get his main receiver when he was on the board)

-Lamar Miller over Knowshown Moreno (If Miller gets the passing downs like they say he is and gets 10-12 carries a day he could be at least serviceable, but Moreno was a horse Sunday)

Way too early to judge all of these. I could see you coming out ahead on 3/4 of those when all the stats are in.