[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Bironis killed in car accident

SecondString

Curiouser & curiouser...

http://www.cbssports...fatal-car-crash

Interesting that there is no mention in that story of her noticing that his car was gone before phoning police to report him missing.

I hate that this tragedy is now going to be dragged around looking for the smoking gun or reason for it. Just one more stain on the NFL shield.

Very, very, very bizarre. Sounds like he was either on something or was simply crazed.

Too many eye witnesses to think this was not completely his fault. Just speculation on my part obviously, but he had to have been on drugs. Interested to hear the toxology report. Edited by DanTheMan_5

Sounds like a simple case of road rage that ended in self inflicted tragedy. I've seen some CRAZY road rage cases on the road and wouldn't surprise me in the least if that is all it was.

Well, it doesn't sound like a simple case of road rage. A simple case would be between the occupants of two vehicles. This story indicates that he was violent and aggressive toward the occupants of at least two other vehicles.

Edited by SecondString

"His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, "Hey man, just a heads up, something's burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,'' Fraley recalled telling Bironas. "He looked over at me and said "I'm going to kill everybody in your (expletive) vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, "What?" And he said the exact same thing again."

WTF..???

rampant and probably disrespectful speculation, but maybe he got `roided up to try and get that one last "ticket to the pay window" as Dusty Rhodes would say (and do). Roid Rage is a real thing. Maybe his ROID rage lead to.........<you finish it>

Edited by WildTurkey

Ambien?

I was just coming to post this. Someone mentioned it on another board & it's a highly plausible theory IMO. If you've never seen someone sleepwalking on Ambien then you might think it's far-fetched, but just a few months ago I had first-hand experience with my Mom while she was visiting.

Late one evening she was feeling pretty bad and said she was going to bed. She has a medical condition that's way too long to go into, but can be pretty painful at times and sometimes going to sleep is the best way to get through it. Just look up Boerhaave Syndrome if you're curious. Anyway, about an hour later she comes back into the living room where I watching a movie and just kinda stands over me behind the couch. I asked her if she couldn't sleep & she just gave me this blank stare and said "let's do this." :blink: From there it got even more weird. She kept making odd, off-the-wall comments about the movie. I asked her if she was ok & she said "yeah, I'm fine." Then she went in the kitchen and started making a cup of coffee (Keurig). A few minutes later I hear her say "oh, too sweet" then hear her making another cup. The another few minutes go by and I hear her making another cup. :huh: At that point I went and asked her what she was doing. I saw that she was actually on the 4th cup of coffee and had the honey bottle in her hand upside down dumping it all over the counter. She told me somebody had put too much sweetener in her coffee. At one point she mentioned having to go to the bathroom and at the time my wife was in the shower. I told her that she could go ahead in or go use the master bath. She never went, but she did go out in the back yard for a short period. :huh: Before the evening was over there were several conversations we had that would really freak you out. One involved butterflies attached to our ceiling fan (there were no butterflies). The entire time she seemed completely awake and lucid before finally saying she was going to go ahead and go to bed about an hour and a half after she'd gotten up. The next morning I asked her about it and she didn't remember a single thing about that evening other than going to bed and taking a whole Ambien where she usually only takes half because she wanted to get to sleep.

My MIL has also said she's had issues with Ambien and said that once she made herself an aluminum foil sandwich and left it on the night stand with a bite taken out of it.

rajn,

That is some scary honda, I've read a few other places that speculated on ambien as well.

From

http://www.rxlist.com/ambien-side-effects-drug-center.htm

"Rarely, after taking this drug, people have gotten out of bed and driven vehicles while not fully awake ("sleep-driving"). People have also sleepwalked, prepared/eaten food, made phone calls, or had sex while not fully awake. Often, these people do not remember these events. This problem can be dangerous to you or to others. If you find out that you have done any of these activities after taking this medication, tell your doctor right away. Your risk is increased if you use alcohol or other medications that can make you drowsy while taking zolpidem."

• 2 weeks later...

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The toxicology report shows former Tennessee Titans kicker Rob Bironas had a blood alcohol content more than twice the legal limit for driving in Tennessee when he died in a one-vehicle crash.

Testing released Friday by the Davidson County Medical Examiner's Office shows Bironas had a blood alcohol level of 0.218 percent. Tennessee's limit for driving under the influence is 0.08 percent. The toxicology report also says a low level of diazepam, or Valium, was detected, but at a level so low it would have a "negligible effect," according to a news release.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11636184/rob-bironas-former-tennessee-titans-kicker-had-blood-alcohol-content-0218-tests-show

Ya he may have had a beer or two.

Edited by DanTheMan_5