[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dennis Pitta Down

LookingForALeague

Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta at least dislocated his right hip in the second quarter of the Sunday game in Cleveland, but the fear is that it could be fractured, per the Baltimore Sun.

Pitta missed 12 games in 2013 with an injury to the same hip and might lose the next 13 if the injury is that serious.

He caught three passes for 12 yards before going down on a play in which he was not hit. He was turning upfield when the injury occurred.

Sucks - really good guy with huge talent. I was able to get Clay off the wire though - dropped the Stee's defense - a few teams already b!tch!ng in our league message board - they "thought" waivers locked when the games started. I told them if that's the case, Free Agency would lock at the start of Thursday night's games. If a player's game hasn't started yet, he can still be dropped, and if another player's game hasn't started yet, he can still be picked up. Getting a little ugly - got a text from the co-commish, he told me what I did was kind of unfair - he can see why others are complaining. WHAT!?!?!? What I did was unfair?? Pound Sand - if you want to lock EVERYONE at the same time, lock them at the start of the 1st game of the week - otherwise, get bent. Not like I'm cheating.. Just a bunch of pissed off people that they can't exploit someone's injury and try to trade rape me somehow..

Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta at least dislocated his right hip in the second quarter of the Sunday game in Cleveland, but the fear is that it could be fractured, per the Baltimore Sun.

Pitta missed 12 games in 2013 with an injury to the same hip and might lose the next 13 if the injury is that serious.

He caught three passes for 12 yards before going down on a play in which he was not hit. He was turning upfield when the injury occurred.

How the hell do you break a freaking hip without any contact. It's not like he's an 82 year old woman!

Edited by Tripleshot

Poor surgery, poor rehab, or possibly a poor understanding of the overall limits of his previous procedure. Could just be a freak occurrence but that is really not likely. Sucks when this honda happens because you have to think he will never be the same again. He already wasn't looking 100% this season.

Sucks - really good guy with huge talent. I was able to get Clay off the wire though - dropped the Stee's defense - a few teams already b!tch!ng in our league message board - they "thought" waivers locked when the games started. I told them if that's the case, Free Agency would lock at the start of Thursday night's games. If a player's game hasn't started yet, he can still be dropped, and if another player's game hasn't started yet, he can still be picked up. Getting a little ugly - got a text from the co-commish, he told me what I did was kind of unfair - he can see why others are complaining. WHAT!?!?!? What I did was unfair?? Pound Sand - if you want to lock EVERYONE at the same time, lock them at the start of the 1st game of the week - otherwise, get bent. Not like I'm cheating.. Just a bunch of pissed off people that they can't exploit someone's injury and try to trade rape me somehow..

We lock players at the start of the first Sunday game. I wouldn't want them locked at kickoff on Thursday, especially with games every week. But we've always ended roster moves for the week when the Sunday games start. On CBS the setting is Add/Drop deadline, it says

"Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday. Players whose teams play before Sunday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period."

Hmm, that would mean early Sunday morning in week 8 with that London game kicking off at something like 9:30AM Eastern.

ETA

Owen Daniels could do a lot in that offense, he had some good years with the Texans.

I lost Rudolph Sunday (not sure how long) and had no backup TE, so I'll be looking for somebody soon.

Edited by stevegrab

We lock players at the start of the first Sunday game. I wouldn't want them locked at kickoff on Thursday, especially with games every week. But we've always ended roster moves for the week when the Sunday games start. On CBS the setting is Add/Drop deadline, it says

"Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday. Players whose teams play before Sunday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period."

While I certainly understand the point of it, it's not like I stole the commissioners (or co-commissioners) log in credentials and changed this setting just so I could pick up Charles Clay. This is a pretty competitive league I must say, but some people are pissed cause they can't try to trade rape me for their backup TE. The same rules apply for everyone - if a player hasn't played yet, he's free to be dropped or picked up. I advised that so if this many people are pissed about it, then we need to change it next season. At this point I'd almost rather have Pittsburgh's defense back and get someone else off the waiver wire instead. I even threw that out there - the response I got from the "real" commissioner said I made a legal roster move per the site settings, I have to live with it. (SMH) Can't win for losing.. lol

While I certainly understand the point of it, it's not like I stole the commissioners (or co-commissioners) log in credentials and changed this setting just so I could pick up Charles Clay. This is a pretty competitive league I must say, but some people are pissed cause they can't try to trade rape me for their backup TE. The same rules apply for everyone - if a player hasn't played yet, he's free to be dropped or picked up. I advised that so if this many people are pissed about it, then we need to change it next season. At this point I'd almost rather have Pittsburgh's defense back and get someone else off the waiver wire instead. I even threw that out there - the response I got from the "real" commissioner said I made a legal roster move per the site settings, I have to live with it. (SMH) Can't win for losing.. lol

Just to be clear, wasn't trying to say you did something wrong, or cheated. I hate people who whine about players doing things that are legal because they didn't think about it, or undsterstand the rules.

Years ago (pre smart phones) when I had season tickets and tailgated in the mornings I hated that I might miss out on that late line-up change or roster move. But on the days I was home I sniped a few players that were free agents just before kickoff and them taking over a starting role.

• Like 1