[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thursday Night Football

Shorttynaz

Man, Lacy really punishes defenders. Maybe selling high isn't so smart... Regardless of the fact that he has been a monster, I like that McCarthy has been tilting more 70-30 with Lacy, even in a blowout where the game really isn't in question. I do expect Starks might be the primary from here on out though to finish the game.

So far, Thursday night football has netted us:

Week 1 - 20 point win for Seahawks

Week 2 - 20 point win for Ravens

Week 3 - 42 point blowout win for Falcons

Week 4 - 31 point blowout win for Redskins

Week 5 - 28 point lead for GB before halftime

Sooner or later we need a competitive game on a Thursday, no? What a waste when the game isn't competitive going into the 4th quarter. Out of curiosity, I checked last year's scores, and more than half of the Thursday games were one score differences. I think we're due.

I have been saying for awhile now that the Thurday Night games have consistently sucked. I mean I know some people have guys that blow up fantasy-wise in these blowout games, but from a purely football standpoint they are almost unwatchable. I know that there were a few last year that were competitive but it feels like at least 80% of the Thursday Night games are terrible.

I do agree with that, but I also think Thursday could be done better. I don't think it should be on every single Thursday. The teams just can't prepare the same way and it leads to sloppy football. I think they should only have Thursday Night games that involve teams that had a BYE the previous week. I'm sure it'd be tough on the schedule makers but if they could work that out, at least it would guarantee players have proper amount of time to prepare.

I didn't get to watch the game. Someone decided the finance software at the office needed end of period processing today, so I had to stay late at work last night to finish up work that couldn't be put off. I'm considering taking the day off to make up or it.

Edited by Tripleshot

I do agree with that, but I also think Thursday could be done better. I don't think it should be on every single Thursday.

I wish it were on Tuesdays too. I love me some Thursday football, even though the teams aren't typically high profile.

[/color][/size][/font]

I wish it were on Tuesdays too. I love me some Thursday football, even though the teams aren't typically high profile.

They need to stop Thursday night, it dilutes the product in my opinion.....kinda like Saturdays are special because of college football.....

They need to stop Thursday night, it dilutes the product in my opinion.....kinda like Saturdays are special because of college football.....

+1. Thursdays are unequivocally awful. How many ridiculous product placements can you take in one broadcast? How about ensuring a quality product instead of an ever increasing revenue stream.