[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have some spare time, let those fantasy questions rip...

irish

Ok in my other league I have another TE issue or do you think Reed will out produce these guys in only half a game if that...

Tye

Ebron

Rudolph

Standard scoring

I'd still play Reed.

Hey Irish,

Happy New Year to you and your family! First, I'd like to thank you again for all your time. You have been most helpful this season.

I have one league left (standard scoring) and I'm playing for the grand championship, with a $1,000 payout (loser gets $100). We have two 12-team leagues that we call conferences, each with separate drafts. Weeks 1-14 regular season where you only play the other 11 teams in your Conference. Then weeks 15 & 16 to determine those conference winners, in which I blew away both opponents.

But now I am facing the winner of the other conference and we have several players in common, which basically neuters them for week 17.

QB: (Start one)

Me: Newton or Ryan? I have Newton penciled in.

My opponent: will play either Roethlisberger or Bortles. Right now he has Ben penciled in.

RB: (Start one or two)

Me: My weak spot. Gore and J. Hill are penciled in. I have D. Robinson, Powell and Sims on the bench. WW has lesser quality. (If I start only one, then I can play a second TE or additional IDP instead.)

My opponent: has Karlos Williams and Forte penciled in with Langford and Gillislee on his bench. My hope is that the Jets contain Buffalo's running game and that Rex splits carries between Williams and Gillislee. Same for Langford/Forte. Still, Gore will be playing with a pee-wee league QB and Hill has sucked for the most part and splits carries with Bernard, so this all has me worried.

WR: (start 2 or 3)

Both me and my opponent will probably be starting Brandon Marshall and Sammy Watkins but here are my options:

Me: Marshall, Watkins, Mike Evans, Brendin Cooks, Tyler Lockett (I have Marshall, Watkins and Cooks penciled in at the moment)

My opponent: Marshall, Watkins, OBJ penciled in. Garbage on his bench.

Do I start Evans (vs Carolina and Josh Norman) or Cooks (vs tough Atlanta defense with a gimpy Brees)? Who has the better chance of keeping up with OBJ's production on Sunday? Do I bench Watkins (vs Revis) and roll with Marshall, Evans and Cooks instead? ugh! WR was a strength all season but my opponent having 2 of the same studs plus OBJ is killing me.

TE: (start 1 or 2)

We are both starting Gronkowski.

If I elect to start only 1 RB, I can start Gates along with Gronk. Should I play Gates instead of J. Hill? My opponent has Barnage, in case he decides to go with 2 TEs.

Team defense: (Start 1)

Me: Kansas City (penciled in) or Pittsburgh?

My opponent: Kansas City

KC vs Raiders or Steelers vs Ravens?

We get 1 point for every sack or turnover, also get a sliding scale of points for running yards allowed, passing yards allowed and overall points allowed.

IDP's: (start 3 or 4)

scoring is pretty standard: 1 pt/tackle, 0.5 pt/assist, 3 pts/sack, 3 pts/forced fumble, 3 pts/recovered fumble, 3 pts/int, 3 pts/PD.

Me: C.J. Mosley, Thomas Davis, Malcolm Jenkins are penciled in. I have Deon Bucannon and Hardy on the bench. Tons of decent IDPs on the WW (i.e. Stephone Anthony, Melvin Ingram, Mychal Kendricks, Denzel Perryman.)

My opponent: Chandler Jones, Danny Trevathan and Khalil Mack penciled in. Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan and David Amerson on his bench.

Edited by Dcat

Hey Irish,

Happy New Year to you and your family! First, I'd like to thank you again for all your time. You have been most helpful this season.

I have one league left (standard scoring) and I'm playing for the grand championship, with a $1,000 payout (loser gets $100). We have two 12-team leagues that we call conferences, each with separate drafts. Weeks 1-14 regular season where you only play the other 11 teams in your Conference. Then weeks 15 & 16 to determine those conference winners, in which I blew away both opponents.

But now I am facing the winner of the other conference and we have several players in common, which basically neuters them for week 17.

QB: (Start one)

Me: Newton or Ryan? I have Newton penciled in.

My opponent: will play either Roethlisberger or Bortles. Right now he has Ben penciled in.

RB: (Start one or two)

Me: My weak spot. Gore and J. Hill are penciled in. I have D. Robinson, Powell and Sims on the bench. WW has lesser quality. (If I start only one, then I can play a second TE or additional IDP instead.)

My opponent: has Karlos Williams and Forte penciled in with Langford and Gillislee on his bench. My hope is that the Jets contain Buffalo's running game and that Rex splits carries between Williams and Gillislee. Same for Langford/Forte. Still, Gore will be playing with a pee-wee league QB and Hill has sucked for the most part and splits carries with Bernard, so this all has me worried.

WR: (start 2 or 3)

Both me and my opponent will probably be starting Brandon Marshall and Sammy Watkins but here are my options:

Me: Marshall, Watkins, Mike Evans, Brendin Cooks, Tyler Lockett (I have Marshall, Watkins and Cooks penciled in at the moment)

My opponent: Marshall, Watkins, OBJ penciled in. Garbage on his bench.

Do I start Evans (vs Carolina and Josh Norman) or Cooks (vs tough Atlanta defense with a gimpy Brees)? Who has the better chance of keeping up with OBJ's production on Sunday? Do I bench Watkins (vs Revis) and roll with Marshall, Evans and Cooks instead? ugh! WR was a strength all season but my opponent having 2 of the same studs plus OBJ is killing me.

TE: (start 1 or 2)

We are both starting Gronkowski.

If I elect to start only 1 RB, I can start Gates along with Gronk. Should I play Gates instead of J. Hill? My opponent has Barnage, in case he decides to go with 2 TEs.

Team defense: (Start 1)

Me: Kansas City (penciled in) or Pittsburgh?

My opponent: Kansas City

KC vs Raiders or Steelers vs Ravens?

We get 1 point for every sack or turnover, also get a sliding scale of points for running yards allowed, passing yards allowed and overall points allowed.

IDP's: (start 3 or 4)

scoring is pretty standard: 1 pt/tackle, 0.5 pt/assist, 3 pts/sack, 3 pts/forced fumble, 3 pts/recovered fumble, 3 pts/int, 3 pts/PD.

Me: C.J. Mosley, Thomas Davis, Malcolm Jenkins are penciled in. I have Deon Bucannon and Hardy on the bench. Tons of decent IDPs on the WW (i.e. Stephone Anthony, Melvin Ingram, Mychal Kendricks, Denzel Perryman.)

My opponent: Chandler Jones, Danny Trevathan and Khalil Mack penciled in. Malcolm Butler, Logan Ryan and David Amerson on his bench.

I'm of no use in regard to IDPs, sorry. Although I will say that I like Melvin Ingram more than any of your other options. However, Starting Newton, Gore, Hill, Marshall, Watkins, Cooks and the Steelers' D is the way to go.

You've got him at QB and RB. He's got you at WR with OBJ over Cooks. Should be a great game! Glad you've made it this far and that I've been able to help ya out. GL!

Edited by irish

I'm of no use in regard to IDPs, sorry. Although I will say that I like Melvin Ingram more than any of your other options. However, Starting Newton, Gore, Hill, Marshall, Watkins, Cooks and the Steelers' D is the way to go.

You've got him at QB and RB. He's got you at WR with OBJ over Cooks. Should be a great game! Glad you've made it this far and that I've been able to help ya out. GL!

thanks man. Also, Steelers play @ Cleveland not against Baltimore as I posted. Still go with Steelers instead of Chiefs? Also, I was shocked to see the Huddle has Watkins ranked #54 this week using my league's scoring. 54th? Watkins handled Revis just fine in the past. Huddle has Evans ranked 71st this week. wow.

I've never been more uptight for a fantasy contest than this one.

thanks man. Also, Steelers play @ Cleveland not against Baltimore as I posted. Still go with Steelers instead of Chiefs? Also, I was shocked to see the Huddle has Watkins ranked #54 this week using my league's scoring. 54th? Watkins handled Revis just fine in the past. Huddle has Evans ranked 71st this week. wow.

I've never been more uptight for a fantasy contest than this one.

Yeah, I think that's far to low for both. I see Watkins as Top 10 this week and Evans as Top 20. In regard to the defenses, I see both as neck and neck, so if you're more comfy with the Chiefs, go with them. They do probably have a higher floor.

Hey Irish, would you make any changes to this roster for championship weekend? League is PPR. Thanks!

QB: Bortles

RB: Peterson

RB: Hightower

WR: Marshall

WR: Aiken

TE: Z. Miller

Flex: Forte

D/ST: Broncos

K: McManus

BENCH:

McKinnon

Ertz

Eifert

Edelman

Artis-Payne

Best free agent on the waivers is Snead.

Edited by kdko

Hey Irish, would you make any changes to this roster for championship weekend? League is PPR. Thanks!

QB: Bortles

RB: Peterson

RB: Hightower

WR: Marshall

WR: Aiken

TE: Z. Miller

Flex: Forte

D/ST: Broncos

K: McManus

BENCH:

McKinnon

Ertz

Eifert

Edelman

Artis-Payne

Best free agent on the waivers is Snead.

Keep things the way they are. The only thing I would think about doing is adding Snead and playing him over Aiken. However, I see the 2 WRs as pretty much the same.

And if Forte is down for the injury should I run Ertz in flex?

No, you drop Payne or Edelman add Snead anyway and play the 3 WRs - Marshall, Aiken and Snead.

Hey Irish, Happy New Year.

Who do you like best out of Fitzpatrick, Bortles or Brees?

Thanks for your help through the season.

YW and NP. Brees without hesitation.

Chris ivory over karlos Williams with powell out?

Yes, regardless of scoring system.

With Ted Ginn out, should i consider Fitz over Cam Newton? I need to be talked down from making this switch.

No, plug in Cam and leave it alone.

With Ted Ginn out, should i consider Fitz over Cam Newton? I need to be talked down from making this switch.

I know this probably won't be the popular choice but I'd go with Fitz. Here are my reasons why...

1) Last time they played Cam only put up 15 points.

2) Carolina is missing their #1 RB and their #1 WR. The offense may be struggling with those key players missing.

3) Carolina is already in the playoffs even with a loss this week. Their undefeated season is gone. Cam might not be playing as physical as he usually does...from Carolinas prospective why risk injuring your QB right before the playoffs?

4) Bucs have not allowed more than 2 passing TDs in a game since week 7 and that includes playing QBs like Manning and Brees.

5) Cams overall average over the last 5 games is only 2.8 points per game more than Fitz (in standard league).

6) Over the last 5 games Fitz has out scored Cam in weeks 12, 14 and 16.

7) Fitz & the Jets need a win to secure a playoff spot. They are going to be playing all out.

8) Fitz has two top 10 WR catching passes...Cam does not and his #1 WR option is out this week.

To add to the reasons I already listed..

9) Over the last 5 games Cam has passed for 13 TDs and only 1 INT...but in 2 of those 5 games he had ZERO TDs.

10) Over those same 5 games Fitz also passed for 13TDs and 1 INT but he has not had any zero TD games. He is almost guaranteed to throw at least 2 TDs a game.

Edited by LA Hitman

Does tre mason get consideration with gurley out? Good matchup. It would be over Chris ivory at flex. Standard scoring. Also any FA recievers you think would do well this weekend? Micheal Floyd is listed as questionable and he is my wr2. Thanks!

Happy New Year Irish, Will you stat Lamar Miller or Chris Ivory or Isaiah Crowell on Flex ?

Happy New Year to you and yours!

PPR - Miller

Standard - Ivory

Edited by irish

Does tre mason get consideration with gurley out? Good matchup. It would be over Chris ivory at flex. Standard scoring. Also any FA recievers you think would do well this weekend? Micheal Floyd is listed as questionable and he is my wr2. Thanks!

Mason is absolutely valuable this weekend but I still like Ivory better.

I think Floyd plays. However, if he fails to play Snead and Keshawn Martin are options.

Happy New Year Irish,

Help me out with my RB2 spot in a standard scoring league

Rashad Jennings vs Phi (been getting a bunch of touches as of late)

Cameron Artis-Payne vs TB (Fozzy out so probably going to get 15+ touches maybe)

Tre Mason vs SF (nice matchup but untrustworthy)

leaning towards Jennings or CAP, also have Watkins in my flex if you think one should replace him

I am nervous to play him given the jets held him to only 3 catches and 14 years (1 fantasy point) in week 10 so really low floor but high ceiling

Thanks for all the help this season!

Happy New Year Irish,

Help me out with my RB2 spot in a standard scoring league

Rashad Jennings vs Phi (been getting a bunch of touches as of late)

Cameron Artis-Payne vs TB (Fozzy out so probably going to get 15+ touches maybe)

Tre Mason vs SF (nice matchup but untrustworthy)

leaning towards Jennings or CAP, also have Watkins in my flex if you think one should replace him

I am nervous to play him given the jets held him to only 3 catches and 14 years (1 fantasy point) in week 10 so really low floor but high ceiling

Thanks for all the help this season!

Np, it's been my pleasure!

I actually like Mason the most out of those RBs and would play him over the others. I would also leave Watkins in as the flex.

Standard Scoring

1 WR - 1 TE - 2 FLEX

Mike Evans @CAR

DeVante Parker vNE

Allen Hurns @ HOU

Tyler Eifert vBAL

Julius Thomas @HOU

Doug Martin @CAR

Lamar Miller vNE
Tre Mason @SF

1 QB

Drew Brees @ATL