[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So we meet again...RTS championship

Henry Muto

I also have a team in the NFFC contest in 22nd place but I am like 60 pts out of 1st so winning this one is million to 1 shot. I scored a 221 last week to move up from 223rd place to 22nd but another big week could land me inside the top 5.

Here is The Ballad of Henry Muto

Written by Moss6

With the Game of all Ages upon us - Please sing joyously

THE BALLAD OF HENRY MUTO:

Born in the valley of O-Hi-OThe rip roarin’est State he knowsRaised on the nipple of John MaddenSeemingly as delusional as a Packers fanHenry, Henry Muto, king of the fantasy football worldMuch more likeable than Ugly TunaIrish will probably pretend to be youEnlightening us with your Fantasy choresThe Game of all Ages is naturally yoursHenry, Henry Muto, the fantasy football pioneerFought single-handed through 6,353,124,752 fantasy warsTill the enemy was whipped and peace was in storeAnd while he was playing in the only games that matterHe would advise WW, DMD and 2V on conflicting chatterHenry, Henry Muto, the man who knew no fearHe went off to every Championship gameFixin’ on whoopin everyone who cameSpent more money than the Korean GNPParticularly more than mortals like you and meHenry, Henry Muto, a hero to you and me

Wow, you know you made it big when you make the poem!

Don't count me (Octopoda) out yet, I'm only 80 points out of 1st, currently at 159th place. I can dream, can't I? There can't be too many others starting Abdullah. You never know, he could blow up Clinton Portis style and get me 60+ points all by himself. Nah, probably not. But, I can still dream.

Good luck, guys. Also, see here.

I think our FFPC team used all of our magic fairy dust in weeks 10-13. After finishing 16th last year we are near the bottom of the pack in the championship round. But, at least we made it there and look to play high stakes a minimum 3 years on house money.

We also have a "bare knuckles" best ball team that stands to make a good chunk of change. That team is drafted without the aid of any cheat cheets or mobile devices. 28 round draft on 100% memory.

how early in the offseason does one have to register for this? I imagine it fills up very quickly?

Not really. The RTS The Fantasy Championship cutoff was the Weds before the first NFL regular season game on Thurs.

Edited by electricrelish

oh wow, I suppose not everyone in the world wants to drop $150 per team. I need a break from my league I've been in for 10 years, not going to quit but need a change of scenery, always just played the one league. Need something fresh and this looks very intense

oh wow, I suppose not everyone in the world wants to drop $150 per team. I need a break from my league I've been in for 10 years, not going to quit but need a change of scenery, always just played the one league. Need something fresh and this looks very intense

RT Fantasy Championship is $250 per team or a 3 pack for $700.

It looks like I am going to fall just short this year. This is so painful because of how close I came and what could have been on another team in this same contest.

I started off on fire today when Newton scored a TD rush on the 1st possession and he had 9 pts already but he stunk the rest of the day finished with 17 pts one of his worst showings of the year. When Carolina got the ball back in the final 90 seconds I was dreaming of a TD and overtime for more pts.

At around 3 PM today I was feeling really good Marshall had 2 TD's, Hopkins a TD, NE DF a TD things were looking good.

M-Bryant though sucked that was a killer just 2 pts.

One of the big plays of today was that penalty on Baltimore for offside when Roeth threw the pick 6 as D-Williams scored on the next play the team in 1st place has D-Will and he also has David Johnson and Gore and Baldwin...not exactly a team full of stud named players but they became starters and done well because of others injuries...curse you Doug Baldwin.

Going into Sunday night I am in 3rd place.

The leader has 702.70 with Eli Manning left

The guy in 2nd has 699.88 with someone on Monday left that is not AJ Green

I am in 3rd with 695.74 with AJ Green left

The only others that are in the mix below me are as follows

I am 22 up over a guy with Josh Brown and AJ Green so if Brown don't score over 22 tonight he is done

I lead by 23.47 over someone with Dem Thomas

I lead by 25.5 over someone with Walsh and R-Randle

I lead by 36.96 over someone with Sanders

I lead by 46 over someone with Sanders and Nugent

I lead by 63 over someone with D-Thomas and Sanders

I lead by 96 over someone with Diggs, Josh Brown, Bernard, Sanders and AJ Green

So root against Eli Manning for starters he needs to have a terrible game tonight to have any shot.

The hardest part of all this is I actually could have a team with 739.75 pts right now a different team.

I cut David Johnson on the final day of waivers 2 days before both Chris Johnson and Ellington got hurt.

I cut D-Williams off this same team right before Bell got hurt.

I went back and put those 2 backs in place of the 2 backs I had in weeks 14-16 and I would have 739.25.

Also totally brutal that the injury to Chris Johnson opened the door for the guy in 1st to get all those pts from David Johnson the last 3 weeks (83 pts).

It was a fun ride but it looks like I will come up just short this year.

It looks like I am going to fall just short this year. This is so painful because of how close I came and what could have been on another team in this same contest.

I started off on fire today when Newton scored a TD rush on the 1st possession and he had 9 pts already but he stunk the rest of the day finished with 17 pts one of his worst showings of the year. When Carolina got the ball back in the final 90 seconds I was dreaming of a TD and overtime for more pts.

At around 3 PM today I was feeling really good Marshall had 2 TD's, Hopkins a TD, NE DF a TD things were looking good.

M-Bryant though sucked that was a killer just 2 pts.

One of the big plays of today was that penalty on Baltimore for offside when Roeth threw the pick 6 as D-Williams scored on the next play the team in 1st place has D-Will and he also has David Johnson and Gore and Baldwin...not exactly a team full of stud named players but they became starters and done well because of others injuries...curse you Doug Baldwin.

Going into Sunday night I am in 3rd place.

The leader has 702.70 with Eli Manning left

The guy in 2nd has 699.88 with someone on Monday left that is not AJ Green

I am in 3rd with 695.74 with AJ Green left

The only others that are in the mix below me are as follows

I am 22 up over a guy with Josh Brown and AJ Green so if Brown don't score over 22 tonight he is done

I lead by 23.47 over someone with Dem Thomas

I lead by 25.5 over someone with Walsh and R-Randle

I lead by 36.96 over someone with Sanders

I lead by 46 over someone with Sanders and Nugent

I lead by 63 over someone with D-Thomas and Sanders

I lead by 96 over someone with Diggs, Josh Brown, Bernard, Sanders and AJ Green

So root against Eli Manning for starters he needs to have a terrible game tonight to have any shot.

The hardest part of all this is I actually could have a team with 739.75 pts right now a different team.

I cut David Johnson on the final day of waivers 2 days before both Chris Johnson and Ellington got hurt.

I cut D-Williams off this same team right before Bell got hurt.

I went back and put those 2 backs in place of the 2 backs I had in weeks 14-16 and I would have 739.25.

Also totally brutal that the injury to Chris Johnson opened the door for the guy in 1st to get all those pts from David Johnson the last 3 weeks (83 pts).

It was a fun ride but it looks like I will come up just short this year.

Well, Eli is doing his part!

Well things were still looking good until that R-Randle 72 yard TD...went 44 minutes with a chance still and that happens.

Damn would still had a reasonable shot until that play........so brutal hanging on all night hope against hope then that happened.

That pushes me down to 4th Walsh+Randle guy blowing up and now guy in 1st extends the lead.

Soul crushing

M-Bryant scoring 2 pts was the biggest blow. All he needed to do was score about 12 pts and I would have had a real shot at this.

Who knows if you will ever get to this point again to be in the running and have a real chance to ever win another big contest. To beat so many people is a real fairy tale just to be in the running in the final couple games is truly an experience but likely for the first time since 2003 I will experience the painful side. In 2003 I was winning in the 4th quarter on the final Monday night for my 1st big event the prize was for $15,000 and midway through A-Green scored and the XP pushed me from 1st to 3rd and I remember how that felt.

Looks like this time I will be on that side of the coin again unless AJ Green goes nuts vs the #1 pass DF. Got to say I am not feeling good about my chances. This season will be the season of "If's"...If I didn't drop D-Will and David Johnson off that 1 team...if this had been the team that got Julio instead of my other team...if I had taken Allen Robinson instead of Spiller.........

Can't win them all it was inevitable that one day I would have to lose a bitter heart breaker for the big money and I feel fortunate to have won it twice already and to have been in the running and still be in the running for a 3 time in 4 years going into Monday night.

It's a long shot but it's a shot I just went through all the teams...I basically need AJ Green to score at least 20 pts and have Denver DF score at least 4.2 pts less than whatever AJ Green scores assuming he gets 20 pts (So Denver can get up to 15 pts if Green gets his 20)

1st Rusty.........715.40 (-19.66)

2nd Slater........709.94 (-14.20)

3rd RoyalBlue..699.88 + Denver DF (-4.14)

4th My team....695.74 + AJ Green

6th Bashing.....683.52 + Denver DF (+12.22)

11th Rum........672.27 + Dem Thomas (+23.47)

25th SGT........658.95 + Sanders (+36.79)

1st place is $200,000

2nd place is $25,000

3rd place is $10,000

4th place is $7,500

5th place is $5,000

If AJ Green gets 20+ points and Denver gets less than 16 pts I will win the $200K assuming no other player goes off for 40+ points.