[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it hate? Jealousy?

HowboutthemCowboys

I've seen others do this, a way to get your attention since you the forum page shows a notification when somebody "likes" your post. Somebody did it to me and it was confusing, when I asked they explained it.

Or maybe they tried to quote the post and clicked Like instead.

Or maybe its just intoolwetrusts strange trollish ways...

I never thought of using the "Like This" button just to get someone's attention. Good idea. Perhaps, he liked the post because he checked in as requested. In order to have a dialogue, you need another side to respond, so that's reason enough to like it.

I've seen others do this, a way to get your attention since you the forum page shows a notification when somebody "likes" your post. Somebody did it to me and it was confusing, when I asked they explained it.

Or maybe they tried to quote the post and clicked Like instead.

Or maybe its just intoolwetrusts strange trollish ways...

you are giving him way too much credit, he is clearly not that clever

Edited by Finn5033
  • Like 1

Except one is a product of player ability and execution, the other is because of poor officiating. I suppose if the BENEFIT is all you care about they are the same, kind of like earning $100 is the same (benefit) as being given $100 as a gift.

I believe the penalty would be unsportsmanlike conduct, for running onto the field to argue with the officials. This article (link below) doesn't say specifically what the penalty is called, or the yardage (believe its like any personal foul, 15 yards and 1st down). The explanation is that it isn't an automatic penalty, refs have discretion.

http://www.si.com/nf...nce-explanation

relavent portion of article

As for Bryant's action, Blandino confirmed that the officials have "discretion" in those cases; Bryant being without a helmet was a non-factor since he was not involved in the play. Morelli did not address the lack of a call on Bryant during his interview Sunday night.

"It's not an automatic penalty," Blandino said. "The helmet removal only applies to a player who is in the game and takes his helmet off to confront an official or opponent or some kind of demonstration. They have discretion. Is he confronting me? Is he confronting an opponent?

"Certainly, I would have supported a call had it been made, but in the heat of the moment, they gave the sideline some leeway."

Personally I think there should be less allowance for this, should be nearly automatic. Or else every player is going to think they can start running onto the field to aruge with the refs (chaos). Dez didn't just take a step or two across the white area (they shouldn't even be there) but was several yards onto the field.

PS If you knew the rule, and that it isn't automatic why did you ask?

The "gift" the Cowboys got when the PI flag was picked up is no different that the "gifts" Detroit received on other plays where penalties occurred that were not called, no different than when Detroit was called for a false start, no different than a play for the other team is called back because of holding on the other side of the field, no different than the "gift" that Detroit got when Bailey missed his field goal. You are still trying to make to much of a single play/call that happened in the game.

Edited by Grits and Shins

:fool:

Jealous of a team that hasnt won anything in forever? Cant be.

Must be hate.

This is the most traffic this board has seen since...hell, I don't know when.

Some of you sure are living hate filled lives....

Sorry, late to the party...trust me, it's hate... ;)

Edited by the outlaw