[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys I like more than you

Football Follies

Dwayne Allen - lost 15 lbs ready to rock in his contract year. Very surprised nobody likes him as a TE1 this year since everyone expects Luck to light it up and he's a good red zone target. If Luck throws 50 tds this year Allen will have 10.

Carlos Hyde - dude's a beast, Frank Gore 2.0 I dont care how many people retire in san fran he will get 1,000+ yards and 10 tds this year and will be a high end RB2. Reggie is not a serious threat and will get hurt anyway

Ryan Mathews - 3 drafts so far, he's on 3 of my teams. Seems undervalued as an every week flex consideration/lottery ticket if Murray goes down which many expect. Think scrap time and Chip running up the score

Golden Tate - Number 1 WR material this year, top 12 mark it down. YAC is stellar and always creates separation. Stafford throws 600 times a year most of any qb in history

Eric Decker - good bet for 1,000 yards and 8 tds, in his prime and marshall is past his. Should be their #1 WR if healthy.

Anyone else? What players do you love more than most?

Dwayne Allen - lost 15 lbs ready to rock in his contract year. Very surprised nobody likes him as a TE1 this year since everyone expects Luck to light it up and he's a good red zone target. If Luck throws 50 tds this year Allen will have 10.

Carlos Hyde - dude's a beast, Frank Gore 2.0 I dont care how many people retire in san fran he will get 1,000+ yards and 10 tds this year and will be a high end RB2. Reggie is not a serious threat and will get hurt anyway

Ryan Mathews - 3 drafts so far, he's on 3 of my teams. Seems undervalued as an every week flex consideration/lottery ticket if Murray goes down which many expect. Think scrap time and Chip running up the score

Golden Tate - Number 1 WR material this year, top 12 mark it down. YAC is stellar and always creates separation. Stafford throws 600 times a year most of any qb in history

Eric Decker - good bet for 1,000 yards and 8 tds, in his prime and marshall is past his. Should be their #1 WR if healthy.

I'd say JStew...but then I'm afraid Taz would come after me.

:out:

• Like 1

Colby Fleener to me is more comfortable with Luck than Allen, they were room mates at Stanford and were really in groove towards the end of the season.

Carlos Hyde is ok but I don't see him as anything special, I was never really impressed with him out of college, and that team is falling apart.

Ryan Matthews assessment I agree with to a point, but I think Demarco is a top 5 back all day.

Golden Tate, never did as much for me in Seattle as I hoped, a large part of his production is having megatron double teamed IMO, Wilson is better than Stafford in every way also

Brandon Marshall, is 31 but to me hasn't lost a step at all, Im extrememly high on him this year, not sure how Decker gets 1000, considering I expect Marshall to go back to 2013 status, Fitzpatrick throws more tds than people think.

I agree with Mathews. here's what I wrote in the Are you Worried about Murray thread:

I think the split will be much closer to 50-50 with Murray and Mathews than people think. The coaches LOVE Mathews. He looks very decisive and explosive through the hole. I could see Murray getting more yards and Mathews getting more and longer TDs. I would rather take another top RB early and grab Mathews later.

You make a good point about late in games that they are well ahead in, too.

Golden Tate, never did as much for me in Seattle as I hoped, a large part of his production is having megatron double teamed IMO, Wilson is better than Stafford in every way also

:busted: ALERT!! :busted:

You might want to go doublecheck your math on this, champ.

• Like 1

also

Check in on Tate averaging 75 ypg in games where Megatron played, and 116 in games where he didn't.
  • Like 1

Check in on Tate averaging 75 ypg in games where Megatron played, and 116 in games where he didn't.

true - I stand corrected. In terms of talent I don't believe he's anywhere near his #'s showed last season because he was simply the only one. Defenses weren't prepared for him like they should of been.

Is it possible for someone to win a "Lifetime Achievement Award" for "biggest forum douchebag"? iTWaT deserves it

He was supposed to be gone with a self imposed exile ... you know the whole "if NE and SEA play in the super bowl I will leave" thing.

No surprise that was a lie and he still trolls here ... I have him on my ignore list so don't see his drivel

Tate is a #1 on more than half of the NFL teams? I wonder if he has a mirror behind his monitor? That way he can smile at himself with admiration as he types, TOOL, with a capital "T", He is actually our very own Fantasy Football "Kanye West"?

Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?

I like Delanie Walker. Apparently last season only two tight ends had more 100 yard games than him, and they were gronk and olsen. Super underrated and can get him at great value.

I like Delanie based on talent and the fact that he has a rookie QB throwing to him because rookie QB's love TE's..

But Delanie gets hurt every season like clockwork it seems

Reggie will be healthier than Matthews.

Tate looks primed to have a very good year.

I like Decker as much as I like Marvin Jones in Cinci. I don't think any of them will reach 1,000 yards; a 60-700-5 line is more realistic.

Late upside plays for me are:

Darren Mcfadden- I have been following camp all year long and the consensus is he is the most complete back and the starting job is his for the taking. He need only to stay healthy. Randle is poor in pass protection and with Romo they aren't about to take chances. Randle is on the shortest lease imaginable because truthfully, JJ, the coaches, and even the players all want Mcfadden to seize the role. I own him in all leagues. My gut is telling me the team is prepping Randle HARD to be the starter in order to accelerate his growth as a hedge against Mcfadden not staying healthy. Like forcing Randle to grow up and see what he's made of by heaping the starting job on him and see if his shoulders are broad enough to handle it. All the while salivating at the prospect of a rejuvenated DMC running wild behind this line for an entire season like last year! We'll see......If DMC has another year like the last one, he could be the pick of the year!

Marvin Jones_ had 10 TD's with cincy 2 years ago. Looks to be healthy again and ready to go. With AJ green getting doubled I like young players that have proven and done it before.

Marlon Brown- Baltimore is depending on Steve Smith and the rook isn't ready to play and has missed most of camp. Rookies don't play well with out camp. It should take more that half the season before Perriman will be up to NFL game speed. IN the mean time again Brown has done it before and if he stays healthy should catch A LOT of balls.

Allen Hurns_ had a great rookie season another young player with young team. If Bortles grows as a QB they could do well.

Brian Quick- I really don't like Foles but Quick has good hands and has also proved he can make plays down field.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Late upside plays for me are:

Darren Mcfadden- I have been following camp all year long and the consensus is he is the most complete back and the starting job is his for the taking. He need only to stay healthy. Randle is poor in pass protection and with Romo they aren't about to take chances. Randle is on the shortest lease imaginable because truthfully, JJ, the coaches, and even the players all want Mcfadden to seize the role. I own him in all leagues. My gut is telling me the team is prepping Randle HARD to be the starter in order to accelerate his growth as a hedge against Mcfadden not staying healthy. Like forcing Randle to grow up and see what he's made of by heaping the starting job on him and see if his shoulders are broad enough to handle it. All the while salivating at the prospect of a rejuvenated DMC running wild behind this line for an entire season like last year! We'll see......If DMC has another year like the last one, he could be the pick of the year!

Marvin Jones_ had 10 TD's with cincy 2 years ago. Looks to be healthy again and ready to go. With AJ green getting doubled I like young players that have proven and done it before.

Marlon Brown- Baltimore is depending on Steve Smith and the rook isn't ready to play and has missed most of camp. Rookies don't play well with out camp. It should take more that half the season before Perriman will be up to NFL game speed. IN the mean time again Brown has done it before and if he stays healthy should catch A LOT of balls.

Allen Hurns_ had a great rookie season another young player with young team. If Bortles grows as a QB they could do well.

Brian Quick- I really don't like Foles but Quick has good hands and has also proved he can make plays down field.

Yeah nobody wanted him to succeed in Oakland ... :okay:

Edited by Grits and Shins

Sammy Watkins

When I think of his prospects for the year, I think back to Isaac Bruce in 1995. At the time, he had the second greatest season receiving yardage in the history of the game (after some guy named Rice who did him one better that same year, now third best with Megatron). Who did Isaac Bruce have him throwing the ball that year? Chris Miller. (insert Jim Rome reference/joke here) And before anybody says I'm comparing Watkins to Rice or Bruce or Megatron, no... I am not. However, I am of the opinion the situation in Buffalo isn't as bad (nor worse) than what many people make it out to be for their offense. Articles abound say how Watkins doesn't have the likes of Kyle Orton throwing him the ball. The same Kyle Orton who gets kicked around when he was starting, is now being hailed as the reason Watkins did as well as he did? And in the same breath, people say Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as Orton. I simply just don't get it without any meaningful sample size. Yes, I could be 100% wrong. Right now though, I'm driving the Watkins bandwagon (or least riding shotgun).

Sammy Watkins

When I think of his prospects for the year, I think back to Isaac Bruce in 1995. At the time, he had the second greatest season receiving yardage in the history of the game (after some guy named Rice who did him one better that same year, now third best with Megatron). Who did Isaac Bruce have him throwing the ball that year? Chris Miller. (insert Jim Rome reference/joke here) And before anybody says I'm comparing Watkins to Rice or Bruce or Megatron, no... I am not. However, I am of the opinion the situation in Buffalo isn't as bad (nor worse) than what many people make it out to be for their offense. Articles abound say how Watkins doesn't have the likes of Kyle Orton throwing him the ball. The same Kyle Orton who gets kicked around when he was starting, is now being hailed as the reason Watkins did as well as he did? And in the same breath, people say Tyrod Taylor isn't as good as Orton. I simply just don't get it without any meaningful sample size. Yes, I could be 100% wrong. Right now though, I'm driving the Watkins bandwagon (or least riding shotgun).

He tends to slip in movk drafts...he is too talented to not draft as a low end 2 with tremendous upside ....some movks I have seen him as a possible #3WR if you want to address the position earlier than I normally would prefer