[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jimmy Graham

GoldenEagle81

Trade was a lose-lose. O-line gets worse and TE position still sucks. You can blame the offensive coordinator but the coach doesn't seem too bright either.

It hasn't really translated to wins, but I definitely think New Orleans got the better end of that deal.

I disagree. The winning formula in Seattle has been heavy doses of the running game and smothering defense. Not sure why Seattle would be changing what has been a very successful formula for them ... and if they didn't intend to change that winning formula you have to question why the GM would pay top dollar to bring in high profile talent that doesn't exactly fit into the existing formula.

To me, that trade signaled that they were changing the formula. You don't send away high quality interior blocking for a pure pass catching TE if you are planning to stick to the power run as your primary offensive attack. It makes me wonder if the front office and the coaching staff are on the same page.

• Like 2

To me, that trade signaled that they were changing the formula. You don't send away high quality interior blocking for a pure pass catching TE if you are planning to stick to the power run as your primary offensive attack. It makes me wonder if the front office and the coaching staff are on the same page.

Pete Carroll is the front office - at least a large part of it. Absolutely nothing about Graham's lack of usage makes the least bit of sense.

Hey now be nice. And trust me I'm no GoldenEagle81 fan, in fact he's one of those on my ignore list. I was just commenting on the fact that he made no mention of dropping him, which is what he got blasted for.

Lol, even enemies can see things for what they are. I like your style, though Stevo. I don't like you either, but I DO like your style.... Edited by GoldenEagle81

Hey now be nice. And trust me I'm no GoldenEagle81 fan, in fact he's one of those on my ignore list. I was just commenting on the fact that he made no mention of dropping him, which is what he got blasted for.

Made no mention?

Yeah you nailed it dude...definitely said I was dropping him. "Lmao"

Yes, it was sarcasm, but he was being sarcastic about dropping him, which insinuates that he actually does have him on his roster. Everyone else in this thread seems to get that and even if they didn't michaelredd pointed it out.

But for the third & last time, what he still fails to recognize is that nothing I said had any relevance to his fantasy team, so him telling me to "get a clue" because he hadn't drafted Graham only goes to show that he's the last person here that should be talking about anyone's reading comprehension.

Now, I've spent way more time than I should have with this ridiculousness. The guy is just being a troll at this point and I don't believe I've visited this thread yet where he wasn't lurking, surely trying to come up with his next line. So, he's welcome to fire his shots. I'll discuss Graham, but I'm done otherwise.

• Like 1

The root problem in the NFL for many teams is that they don't look to improve the offensive line unless its already a problem. Its the first thing they neglect in search of playmakers on offence and Seattle presumably thought they could get an elite pass catching TE without the line suffering too much but they were clearly wrong.

Made no mention?

Yes, it was sarcasm, but he was being sarcastic about dropping him, which insinuates that he actually does have him on his roster. Everyone else in this thread seems to get that and even if they didn't michaelredd pointed it out.

But for the third & last time, what he still fails to recognize is that nothing I said had any relevance to his fantasy team, so him telling me to "get a clue" because he hadn't drafted Graham only goes to show that he's the last person here that should be talking about anyone's reading comprehension.

Now, I've spent way more time than I should have with this ridiculousness. The guy is just being a troll at this point and I don't believe I've visited this thread yet where he wasn't lurking, surely trying to come up with his next line. So, he's welcome to fire his shots. I'll discuss Graham, but I'm done otherwise.

Well that's a first...can't say I've ever been accused of "lurking/trolling" a thread I actually created, LMAO. Thanks though, I'm honored either way to have clearly gotten under your skin without even trying.

To sum things up, you come out of nowhere and claim I had "given up on Graham halfway through the first game". But you're telling me you weren't assuming I had him on my team...that is what you're trying to tell me, correct? If you didn't think Graham was on my team, then I suppose you suspected that I was just heartbroken and "giving up" on him being a great TE for everyone ELSE in fantasy land, huh???? Explain that one to me. Oh.....wait......

The only thing I've "failed to realize" is why its so hard for you to keep your big mouth shut (meanwhile accusing me of continuing to argue just like you are doing, lol...priceless!). You're a walking contradiction.

Edited by GoldenEagle81

• 3 weeks later...

12th in pts per game, which is a better stat imo

Actually looking at the average that way (and total score/overall ranking as well) hides the variance. In a TE1 I want a player who puts up good numbers consistently and doesn't have the spikes and dips.

Jimmy's scores in my local are -

There are 4 out of 8 weeks I would not have wanted to start him, HALF of his starts.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1

Actually looking at the average that way (and total score/overall ranking as well) hides the variance. In a TE1 I want a player who puts up good numbers consistently and doesn't have the spikes and dips.

There are 4 out of 8 weeks I would not have wanted to start him, HALF of his starts.

This

12th in pts per game, which is a better stat imo

For the most part, although that puts guys like Austin Seferian Jenkins and Gates as top 5 TEs with 2 games played each. Total points is a better stat when everyone has their byes out of the way.

Safe to say Graham has been a low end TE1 through the first half of the season. If he improves at all, especially with TDs, he stands to near his ADP as a the third TE off the board.

Interestingly enough, with all of the growing pains, Graham is getting about one less target per game so far than last year...and on pace to barely exceed total receiving yards from last season (although was he dinged some games?).

If the familiarity between Wilson keeps improving and their offense stops sputtering so much; bettering the output from last year is not out of the question.....of course the 10TDs is probably not be achievable.

Edited by Bobby Brown

yeah, I didn't word that very well. I meant the pts per game stat is more telling. I agree with what u posted. That was the pt I was trying to make