[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that are getting stronger and teams slipping

Cowboyz1

:whistle:

Hey, the Giants suck on defense and Philly sucks at QB. You saw what this defense can do in the sack department against the best QB in football. I just imagined what they will do against Eli and when Romo gets back it's not hard to see a major change in offensive production. So hey, I calls it like I sees it..........

too bad your vision is so tainted that you can't see reality

Edited by Zooty

:whistle:

Hey, the Giants suck on defense and Philly sucks at QB. You saw what this defense can do in the sack department against the best QB in football. I just imagined what they will do against Eli and when Romo gets back it's not hard to see a major change in offensive production. So hey, I calls it like I sees it..........

haha but I don't think you can compare the two.....especially in todays NFL...

just because team A can beat team B and team B can beat team C doesn't mean team A will beat team C....and I use the term beat loosely because the Cowboys lost, but you get what I'm saying here :lol:

Jaguars are moving up. They don't have far to go to do so, but they're offense is starting to work. Bortles is starting to play better. His receivers are doing well. The defense is where I'm guessing they'll use their high draft picks next year. In two years or so they'll be a team to contend with, playoff possible.

Bortles is quietly the 5th ranked QB in my local. Basically tied with Palmer and Rivers. Most experts picked the other QB from Florida to have a break out year and the fantasy comparisons to his peer Bridgewater don't exist.

...but does that really mean anything?...

I stand by this statement...they're all mired in muck that is the NFC (L)East...one of them will have to survive, by default...but, that doesn't mean the survivor will last more than one round in the playoffs...just sayin'...I think these boards are sometimes filled with delusion...

• Like 1

I stand by this statement...they're all mired in muck that is the NFC (L)East...one of them will have to survive, by default...but, that doesn't mean the survivor will last more than one round in the playoffs...just sayin'...I think these boards are sometimes filled with delusion...

I see the division serendipitously doing exactly what the Cowboys need to stay alive until Romo gets back. I can't wait to see this defense terrorize Eli this week. The combo of Hardy and Gregory on one side, Crawford and RoMac up the middle and D Lawrence and Mincey on the other side is gonna be something straight out of a horror flick for Eli.

Early prediction 10 sacks.

I see the division serendipitously doing exactly what the Cowboys need to stay alive until Romo gets back. I can't wait to see this defense terrorize Eli this week. The combo of Hardy and Gregory on one side, Crawford and RoMac up the middle and D Lawrence and Mincey on the other side is gonna be something straight out of a horror flick for Eli.

Early prediction 10 sacks.

How do they score? Seriously. And don't say Christine Michael. The running game is awful. Cassel, who is awful, is now their starting QB. The WR staff is mediocre at best. So where do their points come from? They scored 20 against the Saints and 6 against the Patriots. The JAGUARS scored 17 against the Patriots.

And 10 sacks? Really? The record is 12. They are going to come thisclose to tying the all time sacks in a game record?

I anxiously await this game even more so now. I guess if the Cowboys lose and Giants win they will change spots on the "trending up/trending down" list?

How do they score? Seriously. And don't say Christine Michael. The running game is awful. Cassel, who is awful, is now their starting QB. The WR staff is mediocre at best. So where do their points come from? They scored 20 against the Saints and 6 against the Patriots. The JAGUARS scored 17 against the Patriots.

And 10 sacks? Really? The record is 12. They are going to come thisclose to tying the all time sacks in a game record?

I anxiously await this game even more so now. I guess if the Cowboys lose and Giants win they will change spots on the "trending up/trending down" list?

Here's how they win this game. The offense will have at least 3 short field by way of fumble, INT, and shank or blocked punt. We score once on defense and the offense capitalizes at least twice on turnovers. They score a total of 24 points to the Giants 13.

Here's how they win this game. The offense will have at least 3 short field by way of fumble, INT, and shank or blocked punt. We score once on defense and the offense capitalizes at least twice on turnovers. They score a total of 24 points to the Giants 13.

What about the teams previous play makes you think they'll have 10 sacks, and a multitude of turnovers as well as a defensive TD? Is it the fact that they have 11 sacks ALL YEAR(good for 17th in the league), or 4 Int good for 19th in the league? I get being optimistic about a defense that has been among the league's worst for a few years now, but this seems a tad bit outlandish.

• Like 1

What about the teams previous play makes you think they'll have 10 sacks, and a multitude of turnovers as well as a defensive TD? Is it the fact that they have 11 sacks ALL YEAR(good for 17th in the league), or 4 Int good for 19th in the league? I get being optimistic about a defense that has been among the league's worst for a few years now, but this seems a tad bit outlandish.

I say this because this will be the first game we have all of our players healthy since one three day stretch in training camp. Flowers can't block Hardy or Gregory. We'll see but it's not out of the question getting a pick six since Eli has made a habit of it this season.

A shanked or blocked punt? Why not a safety? A blocked FG returned for a TD? A missed FG returned for a TD? An onside kick recovered and then advance with a roughing penalty followed by a flea flicker for a TD?

Or how about Eli throws 5 pick sixes and then takes his helmet off, pulls off his mask and reveals himself as Tony Romo?

I mean, it COULD happen right?

I say this because this will be the first game we have all of our players healthy since one three day stretch in training camp. Flowers can't block Hardy or Gregory. We'll see but it's not out of the question getting a pick six since Eli has made a habit of it this season.

A habit? He has ONE pick six and that was last night. That's a habit? He has 4 interceptions this season and two were last night. One was COMPLETELY the TE fault.

The rose colored glasses you have for Romo must turn to black colored glasses when you discuss Eli.

• Like 1

A habit? He has ONE pick six and that was last night. That's a habit? He has 4 interceptions this season and two were last night. One was COMPLETELY the TE fault.

The rose colored glasses you have for Romo must turn to black colored glasses when you discuss Eli.

Eli's a pick machine. Tops the list of most int's thrown over all QB's in the past 5 years. Also is in the top of the list for multiple pick games. He's good for 2 more against the Cowboys. Yeah the TE didn't fight for the ball but where there is that one, there is another where his receiver bails him out and saves a pick after a poorly thrown ball. You'll see.

• Like 1

You said he has a habit of throwing a pick six this year. You said nothing about the past. You bring up the past when it is convenient to your case, like now, but dismiss it when everyone pointed to romo and his history or choking in the playoffs. You can not have it both ways.

Eli has four picks this year. Romo has two.

And in terms of quarterbacks are you really going to say you would rather go into this game with Matt Cassel over Eli? Matt Cassel is so bad the Bills cut him twice. And he is going to lead your team to 17 points on offense?

You can go ahead and believe your team will win. That is your right as a fan and I'll back you. But to make such outlandish claims like this when the facts say otherwise does not help your argument at all.

Crap...I totally forgot this was a Cowboys thread when I posted about Bortles.

You are right. Bortles looks very good. A few more pieces to the puzzle and they should be a good football team. A QB is always the first priority when building a team. They still need some O line work but they are on there way.

For some years now!

Edited by Cowboyz1