[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that are getting stronger and teams slipping

Cowboyz1

If you really feel that way and this isn't just more poking C1 in the eye, then you really should stop watching the NFL, college football, NBA, and most other high levels of sports.

I don't agree with this. Why must it be an all or nothing approach? There are many good people in the industries that do not deserve to be punished because few talented bad people are given their way by the teams/owner. I want the NFL to continue to exist, not be ruined by chalupas like Vick and others.

Hey C1 did you also predict that piece of sh!t Hardy disrespecting your boy Dez in a tantrum that I can only imagine was the same scene when the f@ckhead beat the sh!t out of his girlfriend. Stand up dude and he did great today... :lol: slapping clipboards out of coaches hands does this guy not know that he is just lucky Jerrah will employ anybody no matter what a dick they are! Really surprised Ray Rice isn't on the payroll

Ray Rice is WAY less of a dick than Greg Hardy

Wake up Grits. It's the world we live in. Plenty of Millionaires do bad things all the time, that we never hear about and we haven't been able to stop it yet. I don't condone it either but I decide to move on once the legal process has had it's say. I can't possibly know what really happened and neither can you. He could have just been in a heated argument but we will never know. If I can't see it with my own eyes or hear it from the mouth of the victim, I have a hard time making any sound judgments.

But at least we taught that damn Josh Gordon a lesson

• Like 1

I don't agree with this. Why must it be an all or nothing approach? There are many good people in the industries that do not deserve to be punished because few talented bad people are given their way by the teams/owner. I want the NFL to continue to exist, not be ruined by chalupas like Vick and others.

Because I'm just tired of listening to these grown men cry like little girls who lost their doll. If what goes on in the sport (on field or off) is so troubling to you (on field =wimpy calls, less contact, more off & less def; off field problems drugs, drunk driving, domestic violence, murder, dog abuse) then maybe you should stop supporting the industry that helps coddle these people and make them rich elitists who think rules don't apply to them.

Every week there is another thread here or elsewhere lamenting the downward spiral of the NFL, written by diehard fantasy players, stats junkies and geeks (another forum) who speculate on schedules and broadcast patterns. None of whom will ever give up following the game, but will whine about how bad things are and make it sound like they would stop watching or have lost a lot of interest.

I want to NFL to continue, but I also am a realist and see the change and more coming. My blogging about it won't change it, but if enough people stopped supporting the league they might listen to the complaints.

Because I'm just tired of listening to these grown men cry like little girls who lost their doll. If what goes on in the sport (on field or off) is so troubling to you (on field =wimpy calls, less contact, more off & less def; off field problems drugs, drunk driving, domestic violence, murder, dog abuse) then maybe you should stop supporting the industry that helps coddle these people and make them rich elitists who think rules don't apply to them.

Every week there is another thread here or elsewhere lamenting the downward spiral of the NFL, written by diehard fantasy players, stats junkies and geeks (another forum) who speculate on schedules and broadcast patterns. None of whom will ever give up following the game, but will whine about how bad things are and make it sound like they would stop watching or have lost a lot of interest.

I want to NFL to continue, but I also am a realist and see the change and more coming. My blogging about it won't change it, but if enough people stopped supporting the league they might listen to the complaints.

Translation: You are comfortable burying your head in the sand and forgetting all the issues. As long as you get to see the guys on the field hitting each other you don't care about their off the field behavior. You are comfortable with the whole idea that they are granted much wider latitudes in their behavior than the average citizen, because they can play football. You know, "By God I don't care what he did to his girl friend as long as he is a beast on the field on Sundays".

Translation: You are comfortable burying your head in the sand and forgetting all the issues. As long as you get to see the guys on the field hitting each other you don't care about their off the field behavior. You are comfortable with the whole idea that they are granted much wider latitudes in their behavior than the average citizen, because they can play football. You know, "By God I don't care what he did to his girl friend as long as he is a beast on the field on Sundays".

Absolutely not nothing I said indicates I feel that way, but as usual you just make manure up because hey, you're grits and you know what everybody is thinking and feeling, better than they do themselves.

I just accept things as they are and try to enjoy the game. Does it help you cope to whine and complain about all these seedy players while setting your fantasy line-up in 10 leagues and watching 5-6 NFL games every weekend? What about college football you watch that (I don't), you go to a lot of movies and support the bad apples that in that industry? Do you avoid all the games of teams with bad apples, movies and TV programs with undesirables? Or do you just complain about it and don't change how you support them?

Absolutely not nothing I said indicates I feel that way, but as usual you just make taco up because hey, you're grits and you know what everybody is thinking and feeling, better than they do themselves.

I just accept things as they are and try to enjoy the game. Does it help you cope to whine and complain about all these seedy players while setting your fantasy line-up in 10 leagues and watching 5-6 NFL games every weekend? What about college football you watch that (I don't), you go to a lot of movies and support the bad apples that in that industry? Do you avoid all the games of teams with bad apples, movies and TV programs with undesirables? Or do you just complain about it and don't change how you support them?

Your attitude is definitely one of "I don't care what he did to his girl friend (your words - you have accepted it) as long as he is a beast on the field on Sundays". I have the capability to watch the game and not like individual players, heck I don't like Jerry Jones as a GM. I never liked TO when he came to Dallas but i was still able to root for the Cowboys despite that individual player.

In regards to college football I primarily follow my alma mater (Texas A&M) and to a less extent the SEC (because that is where my alma mater plays). Admittedly, I have been following college football more than usual lately ... because my son is a big college fan and likes to talk with me about it.

I offered up a criticism of how forgiving the NFL and fans tend to be about the off the field bad behaviors of the athletes. If you think that is a whine, so be it.

Your attitude is definitely one of "I don't care what he did to his girl friend (your words - you have accepted it) as long as he is a beast on the field on Sundays". I have the capability to watch the game and not like individual players, heck I don't like Jerry Jones as a GM. I never liked TO when he came to Dallas but i was still able to root for the Cowboys despite that individual player.

In regards to college football I primarily follow my alma mater (Texas A&M) and to a less extent the SEC (because that is where my alma mater plays). Admittedly, I have been following college football more than usual lately ... because my son is a big college fan and likes to talk with me about it.

I offered up a criticism of how forgiving the NFL and fans tend to be about the off the field bad behaviors of the athletes. If you think that is a whine, so be it.

I've seen enough of your weak arguments and how you ignore what people post to know it isn't worth debating any further. My own words are that I accept it, there are things going on in the NFL with players that I don't like. I just don't feel the need to whine about it all the time, while you seem to think that makes you a better man (but you still watch the games and therefore are supporting those that enable these guys), I think its just BS to make you look superior and hypocritical.

Believe what you want, I know how I feel about things and you don't. Never said I like Hardy, TO, or other tools in the league, or that I don't care what they did. Dig back through some threads about Rice, or AP beating his son, I've never had the "hey if the guy can play who cares" attitude. For example I really hate Josh Gordon, because he's screwed the Browns with his mistakes, but then he's hardly done much wrong. I wouldn't have liked the Browns to sign Hardy, and everytime local fans brought up Rice I said NO.

Hahahahahaha the Cowboys are complete crap it doesn't matter if romo comes back or not if they cannot win a game. If Romo comes back week 11 they will be what 2-9? 2-8? I don't know when their bye is but without Romo I'd say that they're definitely the worst team in the league

Hahahahahaha the Cowboys are complete crap it doesn't matter if romo comes back or not if they cannot win a game. If Romo comes back week 11 they will be what 2-9? 2-8? I don't know when their bye is but without Romo I'd say that they're definitely the worst team in the league

Seriously, have you seen some of the truly bad teams play? Titans, Browns, Bucs, Texans, 49ers?.

They have actually had a chance to win most if not all of the games without Romo. NE is the only game that ended up a bit lopsided on the score board ... but Dallas hung with NE for the first half.

Had they found a way to win a couple of those games they would be right in the mix for the NFC East, heck they 1.5 games behind the Giants for the division lead. The game the absolutely needed to win was the one against the Giants that would have been a big one. They get the Eagles next, if they can find a way to win that one then the are definitely in the mix for the NFC. Lose against Philly and they won't necessarily be done but they will make it more difficult.

• Like 1

There is just zero balance on O for Dallas without Romo. I mean zero. The running game has been a lot better with McFadden but there is absolutely no threat of a vertical passing game. The turning point in my mind when I knew Dallas was going to lose is when we ran 3 brutally predictable running plays for a 3 and out after we blocked the FG. We gave them the ball right back. When Hardy picked off that ball I was screaming for him to score because I knew we would be settling for 3. I know Romo is out but good God there is nobody else that can throw a TD pass or a long pass ? You have to win one or 2 of the games he is out to stay in contention. This team is toast. Running the table with Romo will be no guarantee at all and even if we did it may be too late

There is just zero balance on O for Dallas without Romo. I mean zero. The running game has been a lot better with McFadden but there is absolutely no threat of a vertical passing game. The turning point in my mind when I knew Dallas was going to lose is when we ran 3 brutally predictable running plays for a 3 and out after we blocked the FG. We gave them the ball right back. When Hardy picked off that ball I was screaming for him to score because I knew we would be settling for 3. I know Romo is out but good God there is nobody else that can throw a TD pass or a long pass ? You have to win one or 2 of the games he is out to stay in contention. This team is toast. Running the table with Romo will be no guarantee at all and even if we did it may be too late

3rd and 10, M.Cassell short pass to J.Witten for 9 yards ... FG

3rd and 10, M.Cassell short pass to D.McFadden for 7 yard ... FG

3rd and 15, M.Cassell short pass to R.Smith batted down at line of scrimmage ... FG

3rd and 6, M.Cassell short pass to D.McFadden for 3 yards ... FG

This was what was pissing me off. Cassell was a damn check down charlie and throwing under the sticks hoping the player could make something happen with YAC.

I don't think the Cowboys are the worst team in the league, but still they are total and utter rubbish. It seems without 1 player(Tony Romo) they are shot. By the time he gets back they are going to be completely done. The only reason they still stand a glimmer of a chance is because the division they're in sucks.

Oh and the reason I really want to post here is I feel the Minnesota Vikings are a team on the rise.

Please point to the team in the league that has great success with their backup QB

Please point to the team in the league that has great success with their backup QB

The last one I recall was Cassell in NE the year Brady went down (2008 they went 10-6 with Cassell playing part of week 1 and the rest of the season). But generally yes most teams take a major step back with their backup, see 2011 Colts without Peyton. And the better your QB is (Romo is top 10-15 in real football) the bigger the hit.

It is true that they only stand a chance because the rest of their division is horrible.

Carolina. Last year Derek Anderson went 2-0 in his 2 starts passing for over 250 ypg on average with a 66% completion rate and a 3-0 TD/INT ratio. "Great Success"? Maybe not, but pretty good I'd say, especially for a team that went 7-8-1.

The last one I recall was Cassell in NE the year Brady went down (2008 they went 10-6 with Cassell playing part of week 1 and the rest of the season). But generally yes most teams take a major step back with their backup, see 2011 Colts without Peyton. And the better your QB is (Romo is top 10-15 in real football) the bigger the hit.

It is true that they only stand a chance because the rest of their division is horrible.

But we has Cassel. Why no work?

Carolina. Last year Derek Anderson went 2-0 in his 2 starts passing for over 250 ypg on average with a 66% completion rate and a 3-0 TD/INT ratio. "Great Success"? Maybe not, but pretty good I'd say, especially for a team that went 7-8-1.

If that happened in Cleveland they'd probably say DA should be the starter for this year his 2-0 is much better than Cam's 5-8-1. (They say this stupid manure about JF, how he's 1-0 while McCown is 1-6 :rolleyes:)

That is a pretty good effort, and DA is a decent backup.

2008 Patriots

Edit: After I posted, I kept reading and saw that stevegrab beat me to it.

Edited by BA Baracus