[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Teams that are getting stronger and teams slipping

Cowboyz1

Every year I look to see which teams seem to be getting stronger and which teams are going to fade as we get deeper into the season. Curious as to what others think about who's cream and who's the sediment.

Teams that I believe are getting stronger and will play well down the stretch.

Teams on the way up

Arizona Cardinals
Playing really well and as long as Palmer stays healthy will be a contender.
Baltimore Ravens
The offense is going to get better but the defense is going to hold them back. Flacco always seems to get better late in the season.
Green Bay Packers
They haven't been healthy yet are still winning. Once they get stable at the WR position they will be even more difficult to beat.
Detroit Lions
I believe they will get better on offense. Just too much talent not to. It's can they stay motivated?
Dallas Cowboys
Their defense is going to be very very stingy now that Hardy, Gregory, and Rmac are back. The offense is going to get better with Dez and then Romo. If they can stay in the mix and not lose to many games or one of the teams in the division goes on a winning run Dallas will stay motivated and be a very dangerous team.
Miami Dolphins
New coach, new attitude, Maybe. They have to be better right? The kid Parker should start making plays with Tannihill.
Oakland Raiders
Carr is playing really well. They are getting better as a football team.
Seattle Seahawks
I'm not about to think these guys are slipping just yet. They are still very tough to beat at home. still have the same guys on the team. They will get better down the stretch. I did have a feeling that this would be Lynch's year to begin breaking down though. Rawls looks like he's a fine backup though.
Minnesota Vikings I think this is my team to really make some noise. AP and that defense. Stedy Teddy isn't making mistakes but isn't making a lot of plays either. They go as AP goes and AP is going to run his arse off.
Teams I think are slipping
Atlanta Falcons
I think they are going to fade down the stretch. Defense is going to let them down. O line is poor.
Denver Broncos
Their defense is keeping them alive. Manning is winning but he doesn't look good doing it. He has really lost his velocity and deep ball control. Ball is really fluttering more then usual.
Houston Texans
I don't know what's going on but I see this team falling into the abyss.
Indianapolis Colts
Not sure Luck's shoulder will be healthy the rest of the season. Tough injury to rehab in the middle of a season. Their line is getting him killed.
Kansas City Chiefs
Without JC their not only boring but bad and going to get worse.
New Orleans Saints
The saints are also in the same boat as Indy. Drew's shoulder may never be right and the season is LONG. I see them as a question mark?
New York Giants
They are going down. Eli is a pick machine and in the redzone which makes it worse. Their defense is going to get exploited due to poor linebacker play and average secondary.
Philadelphia Eagles
In crunch time Bradford will fold like Dirty Sanchez.
Pittsburgh Steelers
It's wierd watching the Steelers play defense. Not used to seeing them give up plays like the bad news Bears.
Your thoughts?
Here is a list of all 32 teams for convenience.
Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Buffalo Bills
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Dallas Cowboys
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Giants
New York Jets
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Diego Chargers
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks
St. Louis Rams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tennessee Titans
Washington Redskins
Edited by Cowboyz1

Jaguars are moving up. They don't have far to go to do so, but they're offense is starting to work. Bortles is starting to play better. His receivers are doing well. The defense is where I'm guessing they'll use their high draft picks next year. In two years or so they'll be a team to contend with, playoff possible.

I think you put your homer glasses on when you put Dallas on the "up" list, losing 3 straight now.

Losing Romo is big, losing Dez AND Romo is bigger. Throw in an ineffective running game and it doesn't matter how well the defense is playing, they are going to get tired.

I'm expecting Dez to be back next week and Romo by week 11. IF Dez can make a difference and helps them tread water until Romo gets back. They can really be good and make a serious run.

Cowboys on the upswing and the Eagles and the Giants trending down? I'm shocked. :fool:

KC was in trouble long before the Charles injury, IMO. This group is very talented but under-performing terribly this year. Are the players no longer buying what the coaching staff is selling? I'm starting to wonder...1-4 is inexcusable. At the very least, we need a new DC and new QB. I'm waiting to judge Reid until he gets to work with a more competent QB than Smith, but I fear I'll be waiting a long time.

I'm expecting Dez to be back next week and Romo by week 11. IF Dez can make a difference and helps them tread water until Romo gets back. They can really be good and make a serious run.

There is nothing "on the way up" about a team that is on a 3 game losing streak, no matter how they look on paper or how you think they will look in a week or more. You have those homer glasses solidly in place with that prediction. It is not a sure thing that Dez will be back and if he does come back there is no guarantee he will be able to make an impact. Dez still needs a QB to throw him the ball and Weeden and Cassell are not Romo.

Another Dallas is gonna be contender somewhat hidden in the other dribble kudos sir kudos... You never cease to amaze with you're hidden antics Giants and Eagles on the downslide. Just name the thread Cowboys are the team to beat and get on with it! Different year same ole song

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

Cowboys on the upswing and the Eagles and the Giants trending down? I'm shocked. :fool:

There is nothing "on the way up" about a team that is on a 3 game losing streak, no matter how they look on paper or how you think they will look in a week or more. You have those homer glasses solidly in place with that prediction. It is not a sure thing that Dez will be back and if he does come back there is no guarantee he will be able to make an impact. Dez still needs a QB to throw him the ball and Weeden and Cassell are not Romo.

Another Dallas is gonna be contender somewhat hidden in the other dribble kudos sir kudos... You never cease to amaze with you're hidden antics Giants and Eagles on the downslide. Just name the thread Cowboys are the team to beat and get on with it! Different year same ole song

same old homer glasses. :lol:

As for the rest of the teams....you listed good teams on the upswing and bad teams who I guess you think will turn it around but haven't yet? (Det, MIA, MIN)

shouldn't the Panthers be on the way down since they are a fraud 4-0 team?...

I think Miami and Minny are on the way up...Cards are not on the way up as they are who they are imo...a top 5 team...

I think the Giants are on the way up and the Eagles can't be on the way down now because they were never really up to begin with outside a few sparkly moments....but people have already covered what you were doing here...:lol:

Did you watch the game between New Orleans and Atlanta? Drew had no issues at all with his shoulderincluding getting it downfield. Their issues are a VERY young but pretty talented overall defense that is prone to make mistakes, a faltering pass rush lacking a DT that can push up the middle and an offense that is lacking a legitimate #1 WR.

ETA: injuries to the offensive line and defensive backs hasn't helped either.

Edited by rajncajn

Ever hear of a MLB pitcher named Jake Arietta? He never lived up to his billing until the Cubs traded for him and provided him with a change of scenery and new coaches. Almost overnight he became the best at his position and the likely Cy Young Award winner.

That's the Chicago Bears.
  • Like 1

Ever hear of a MLB pitcher named Jake Arietta? He never lived up to his billing until the Cubs traded for him and provided him with a change of scenery and new coaches. Almost overnight he became the best at his position and the likely Cy Young Award winner.

That's the Chicago Bears.

Haha...who is their Arrieta

I love your optimism, Cowboyz1, but the NFL is a year to year (even week to week) proposition. The Boys had their shot last year, and they are now on the fade.

The only team that can snap back and do anything any given year in the least is the Giants. Coughlin is a hell of a coach, and can do it with smoke and mirrors it seems.

Too funny.

The only thing that remotely leaves Big D in the mix is the NFC (L)East - not the fact that they're trending "up"...9-7 will likely win that division (hell, maybe even 8-8), with no wild card...

I think the Giants are better than some people are suggesting...

NE is slipping but are so far superior they look like they're gaining.

The Patriots may have put on a steer wrestling clinic last weekend along with their complete destruction of the Cowboys.

Any type of slip/gain discussion needs to include how the team would or will....or has competed against the Patsies. There's the gold standard, and perhaps the Packers (probably not) or the Panthers (not enough fire power on O) can from the NFC.

I knew this was another Cowboys subterfuge thread when he didn't mention probably the second most balanced and potentially dangerous team in the AFC.

NE is slipping but are so far superior they look like they're gaining.

The Patriots may have put on a steer wrestling clinic last weekend along with their complete destruction of the Cowboys.

Any type of slip/gain discussion needs to include how the team would or will....or has competed against the Patsies. There's the gold standard, and perhaps the Packers (probably not) or the Panthers (not enough fire power on O) can from the NFC.

I knew this was another Cowboys subterfuge thread when he didn't mention probably the second most balanced and potentially dangerous team in the AFC.

Not really, I just don't think they are moving at all. Just steadily dominant.

Not really, I just don't think they are moving at all. Just steadily dominant.

But it was still a Cowboys "subterfuge" (haha, exactly what it was)....you thought the Eagles and Giants are going to slip and the Cowboys are primed for making a run for whatever reason and thought "How can I make a post about this without making it another Cowboys rant?.....oh, I will just half-assedly make an NFL post about who is on the upswing and who is on the downswing...

still fun times

:razz:

But it was still a Cowboys "subterfuge" (haha, exactly what it was)....you thought the Eagles and Giants are going to slip and the Cowboys are primed for making a run for whatever reason and thought "How can I make a post about this without making it another Cowboys rant?.....oh, I will just half-assedly make an NFL post about who is on the upswing and who is on the downswing...

still fun times

:razz:

:whistle:

Hey, the Giants suck on defense and Philly sucks at QB. You saw what this defense can do in the sack department against the best QB in football. I just imagined what they will do against Eli and when Romo gets back it's not hard to see a major change in offensive production. So hey, I calls it like I sees it..........