[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL trade deadline predictions

AX2RUN

It's coming up soon. Teams will be wheel'in and deal'in. Anyone think there will be any blockbuster trades? Or maybe just trades youd like to see that are plausible.

Roddy White to Patriots:

Hate to say it but the Pats look like they have the tools to repeat. Adding a solid receiver like White and the return of Brandon LaFell would make this team borderline unstopabable. I mean can you imagine Tom Brady picking your team apart with Edleman, LaFell, White, and Gronk and then turn around and ground & pound with Blunt and Lewis? No team could stop that.

Edited by AX2RUN

Except the Patriots don't need a receiver, they'd much rather try and fix their defense, perhaps a backup corner or even a backup center. And ofc because they're the Patriots they prefer to do all this through free agency rather than trading.

I think it will be a quiet time for the Patriots, as usual.

It's coming up soon. Teams will be wheel'in and deal'in. Anyone think there will be any blockbuster trades? Or maybe just trades youd like to see that are plausible.

Roddy White to Patriots:

Hate to say it but the Pats look like they have the tools to repeat. Adding a solid receiver like White and the return of Brandon LaFell would make this team borderline unstopabable. I mean can you imagine Tom Brady picking your team apart with Edleman, LaFell, White, and Gronk and then turn around and ground & pound with Blunt and Lewis? No team could stop that.

No team can stop them currently so why take on Roddy's onerous contract when he's shown nothing in recent years except that his age is catching up with him.

• Like 1

No team can stop them currently

In all reality they could have easily lost every game this season with the exception of the Dallas game. They are NOT the juggernaut that the anylists hype them up to be. Of the undefeated teams, I would argue that 2 teams are better. Green Bay and Cincinatti.

A team being good does not mean they won't make moves to improve. Seattle went to a super bowl and SMACKED the best offense in NFL history in the super bowl. Then came back the next year and almost did it again to the NFLs best team over the past decade. They had no reason to change anything, but they made a move for the #2 TE in the game.

The patriots are good now. But football gets harder as the season goes on. Weather, injuries, opponents wising up to your game plan. The Pats would never turn down an opportunity to get better with a chance to repeat on the line. They may not sign anybody, but don't try to make it seem like they're sooooooo good that they don't NEED anyone.

Grigson may repeat himself and give up a 1st for D Johnson Jr and have all Cleveland fans and everyone else laughing at him when he's out of a job next year..

No way Duke is actually a good player, but we have this high drafted backup QB we'd like to get rid of. How about your first round pick (ok maybe a 2nd) for JF?

• Like 1

The Matt Forte rumors keep circling around here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears moved him to a contender needing RB help this year in exchange for top picks. Since you're looking for predictions, let's say he goes to AZ.

The Matt Forte rumors keep circling around here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears moved him to a contender needing RB help this year in exchange for top picks. Since you're looking for predictions, let's say he goes to AZ.

I can think of an undefeated team that would love an offensive weapon.

It's always fun to speculate these things, but in reality (unlike w/MLB), deals are usually not made at the NFL trade deadline...plus, the Pats have one of the biggest "let FAs walk, and build from the draft" philosophies in the entire league, so I don't see Belechick & Co. trading away valuable picks for any mid-season rentals...

In all reality they could have easily lost every game this season with the exception of the Dallas game. They are NOT the juggernaut that the anylists hype them up to be. Of the undefeated teams, I would argue that 2 teams are better. Green Bay and Cincinatti.

A team being good does not mean they won't make moves to improve. Seattle went to a super bowl and SMACKED the best offense in NFL history in the super bowl. Then came back the next year and almost did it again to the NFLs best team over the past decade. They had no reason to change anything, but they made a move for the #2 TE in the game.

The patriots are good now. But football gets harder as the season goes on. Weather, injuries, opponents wising up to your game plan. The Pats would never turn down an opportunity to get better with a chance to repeat on the line. They may not sign anybody, but don't try to make it seem like they're sooooooo good that they don't NEED anyone.

How could they have lost the Jacksonville game? They didn't punt once, they scored on every single possession bar the last one where they took a knee to end the game.

I still don't see why they'd take Roddy White on, spending over a million on the cap which could roll over to next year. Even though its not just the money, Roddy's health is the bigger barrier to a trade.

They'll have confidence in Brandon LaFell coming back and adding an extra dimension to their game.

How could they have lost the Jacksonville game? They didn't punt once, they scored on every single possession bar the last one where they took a knee to end the game.

I still don't see why they'd take Roddy White on, spending over a million on the cap which could roll over to next year. Even though its not just the money, Roddy's health is the bigger barrier to a trade.

They'll have confidence in Brandon LaFell coming back and adding an extra dimension to their game.

Yeah seriously, and they got Scott Chandler who's added value too. Roddy White? Why? :lol:

Except the Patriots don't need a receiver, they'd much rather try and fix their defense, perhaps a backup corner or even a backup center. And ofc because they're the Patriots they prefer to do all this through free agency rather than trading.

I think it will be a quiet time for the Patriots, as usual.

a center? david andrews has filled in just fine for the pats...and they are getting their starter bryan stork back ...hes returned to practice....

they did bring in cortland finnegan for a workout

i read something about vernon davis or martellus bennett to denver

Jimmy Graham to the Steelers, to replace an aging Heath!!!

God please let this happen. Get Graham out of the tight end hell that is Seattle.

a center? david andrews has filled in just fine for the pats...and they are getting their starter bryan stork back ...hes returned to practice....

they did bring in cortland finnegan for a workout

i read something about vernon davis or martellus bennett to denver

Owen Daniels was awful against the Raiders when I saw him. Looked like he was running completely different plays to Peyton.

Also worth noting on Roddy White that his cap hit for 2016 is $3.775 million and 2017 is £1.887 million. Cant think of any team taking that on via trade.