[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vernon Davis trade rumors

Shorttynaz

While taking my daughter to school this morning I heard on local (Phoenix) sports radio that there are a few teams interested in trying to trade for Vernon Davis. The teams mentioned were Carolina, Green Bay, Denver, New York Giants, and Indianapolis.

Trying to find anything of substance online. Can find a lot about speculations that he will be moved, but none mention teams specifically.

Of all the teams mentioned above, I think all those teams make sense - outside of maybe the Colts. They already have 2 good TE's, and at what cost would they have to pay? Grigson doesn't seem to have the best talent at gauging a trade. Two that come to mind are the obvious, Trent Richardson debacle - and then Jerry Hughes..

I can almost guarantee that NYG and GB will not give up draft picks. This feels like San Fransisco brass floating the idea and hoping a team bites. SF's season is over, their whole team is on the block.

Why Tomsula is still coaching that team is mind boggling.

• Like 2

Why Tomsula is still coaching that team is mind boggling.

Why the SF brass forced out Harbaugh is more mind boggling, their front office looks pretty dumb. I heard Deion ripped the team at half time, now embarrassing it was for them to go from being in the SB to playing like this. I saw some players not really trying, and Kaep looked totally disgusted (the time after he was sacked on 2 straight plays).

As for the trade rumor, your post is mostly just "NFL experts think these teams are interested in Vernon Davis", has SF said they want to trade him, and given some indication of what they want? Just more rumor mill stuff that permeates the sports talk landscape.

• Like 3

I think this is just a result of players hating Thursday Night Football just as much as the fans do. Outside of opening night, I've yet to see players play inspired football on 3 days rest.

I agree that in general players probably don't like these games played on short rest (but probably like the 10 to rest before the next game). And the play is of uninspired, and with little time to prepare (1 day of practice vs 3) I keep hearing they just run the same plays from the prior week. Last night on one play it was 3-and-6 for SEA, nobody open, Wilson takes off running right at the defender (a DB) who is standing there 2 yards past the first down line waiting for him, no attempt to even try to stop him short of the first down.

But to say we've never seen inspired play on TNF, did you see the Saints spank the Falcons last week? Or The Browns go into Cincy and thump them last year? Those guys were playing inspired.

I agree that in general players probably don't like these games played on short rest (but probably like the 10 to rest before the next game). And the play is of uninspired, and with little time to prepare (1 day of practice vs 3) I keep hearing they just run the same plays from the prior week. Last night on one play it was 3-and-6 for SEA, nobody open, Wilson takes off running right at the defender (a DB) who is standing there 2 yards past the first down line waiting for him, no attempt to even try to stop him short of the first down.

But to say we've never seen inspired play on TNF, did you see the Saints spank the Falcons last week? Or The Browns go into Cincy and thump them last year? Those guys were playing inspired.

:doh::kicksrock:

A TE wouldn't help denver at this point. Owen Daniels and Virgil are decent. Until o-line play improves, all TEs in Denver are doomed to pass protection.

If any one of THOSE teams is going to make a move for Davis id say Green Bay.

Edited by AX2RUN

A TE wouldn't help denver at this point. Owen Daniels and Virgil are decent. Until o-line play improves, all TEs in Denver are doomed to pass protection.

If any one of THOSE teams is going to make a move for Davis id say Green Bay.

Owen Daniels is NOT decent. He looks more done than Peyton.

• Like 1

Regardless of where he goes he's a shell of his former beast self. His days as a force have passed. Can he help a team like Green Bay out some maybe but it won't be much more than what they're already getting from the position of the 3rd or 4th option for A Rod

If Vernon is done, that would be sad. Dude was the most impressive athlete not named Calvin to enter the league since Bo.

Owen Daniels is NOT decent. He looks more done than Peyton.

No offensive player in Denver is having a good year except Sanders. Now it's fair to say that Daniels isn't what he was in Houston, but he's still a servicable TE.

If Vernon is done, that would be sad. Dude was the most impressive athlete not named Calvin to enter the league since Bo.

I agree...I remember the dread days of old big strong and taking guys for rides on his back. It seems every time he catches the ball now he's in slow motion and can't even shake a single DB from his back

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so that happened, one of the many NFL trade rumors had legs.