[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't you just hate ...

Grits and Shins

We have an owner in my local that is very inactive on the waiver wire. He basically drafts his team and rides his draft. For some unfathomable reason he generally has a great deal of success. He has not made a SINGLE move this year, not ONE. He still managed to take the 4th seed in the playoffs.

His opponent this week is one of the most active owners in our league. He was the 5th seed.

They play each other this week ... the inactive owner just needs 2 catches from Kenny Stills ... or 1 catch for 8 yards to win his game.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I am playing against someone who have made bad move after bad move all season. They grabbed Baldwin this week and because of injuries (Eifert, Rawls) I only beat them by 1 pt. Our league does 2 week rounds of the playoffs, but it is going to sting if they beat me next week. My team was projected to beat theirs by 35 pts on ESPN standard this week.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I am playing against someone who have made bad move after bad move all season. They grabbed Baldwin this week and because of injuries (Eifert, Rawls) I only beat them by 1 pt. Our league does 2 week rounds of the playoffs, but it is going to sting if they beat me next week. My team was projected to beat theirs by 35 pts on ESPN standard this week.

This is his starting lineup

QB: Cam Newton

RB: T.J. Yeldon

WR: Doug Baldwin

WR: Jeremy Maclin

WR: Jordan Mathews

WR: Kenny Stills

WR: Demaryius Thomas

TE: Dwayne Allen

PK: Stephen Gostkowski

DF: Denver

His opponent took a hit with Rawls as well.

I don't buy the "great draft" theory. That is one garbage team. It's 100% luck with this years injuries that he hasn't had to make any moves. I'd also bet a chunk of money that with that roster, he's near the bottom in terms of points for AND for points against on the season. Every league has that 1 guy who no matter what he does, he pulls wins out of his a$$

• Like 1

I don't buy the "great draft" theory. That is one garbage team. It's 100% luck with this years injuries that he hasn't had to make any moves. I'd also bet a chunk of money that with that roster, he's near the bottom in terms of points for AND for points against on the season. Every league has that 1 guy who no matter what he does, he pulls wins out of his a$$

Fantasy wise, he has the best QB, DST, and K. Those are the 3 main positions owners stream. He has consistency in his corner. There are no boom or bust players on that team.

I guess it depends on if this is a PPR league or not.. Doug Baldwin, boom or bust, irrelevant all season until last few weeks, Jordan Matthews TD dependent borderline bust all season, Demariyus Thomas total bust at his draft position if this is a non PPR, 3 TD all season avg 82.1 YPG, Kenny Stills, really? He's irrelevant, Yeldon low RB2 at best, avs 67 YPG and has 2 TD all year.... Sorry that team is lucky to be in the playoffs period. He's got a QB and a Def. Again, guaranteed he has the lowest points in the league, for and against. Every league has that guy that lucks out week in week out.

I guess it depends on if this is a PPR league or not.. Doug Baldwin, boom or bust, irrelevant all season until last few weeks, Jordan Matthews TD dependent borderline bust all season, Demariyus Thomas total bust at his draft position if this is a non PPR, 3 TD all season avg 82.1 YPG, Kenny Stills, really? He's irrelevant, Yeldon low RB2 at best, avs 67 YPG and has 2 TD all year.... Sorry that team is lucky to be in the playoffs period. He's got a QB and a Def. Again, guaranteed he has the lowest points in the league, for and against. Every league has that guy that lucks out week in week out.

You didn't see his bench. He clearly sets a starting lineup. People crack me up with this lucky stuff, it's freaking FANTASY football ....it's 90% luck or lack of.

Yep, guy in our league only uses WW when he absolutely has to (re-draft league so to drop IR players or if he has a kicker or defense on bye). But always does well and never suffers too many injuries, the first bad injury he had to a starter was Mark Ingram this year for example.

He made the playoffs in 2013 and the last two years has been 7-7.

Sounds like you should have colluded with the active owner, by urging him to pick-up all of the hot waiver wire players and thus attempting to lock the inactive owner out of the playoffs...you know, in the event he decided to become active... ;)

Edited by the outlaw

Yep, guy in our league only uses WW when he absolutely has to (re-draft league so to drop IR players or if he has a kicker or defense on bye). But always does well and never suffers too many injuries, the first bad injury he had to a starter was Mark Ingram this year for example.

He made the playoffs in 2013 and the last two years has been 7-7.

and yes I'm incredibly bitter about it with my 5-9 season.

I'm basing my opinion on what the op posted as a roster .. so yes u haven't seen bench but I'm guessing since stills is in his lineup and yeldon is the only fb in his lineup .. the bench is also irrelevant

My opinion is bias because I'm coming from the perspective of a 16 team league owner where you are lucky to have more than 2 good players.

Agree with this. The guy got lucky that the injury bug hasn't hit him as well, but that's still not to say that he didn't draft well. Maybe he isn't an attentive owner, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he should have been hitting the WW either. What he drafted is obviously winning games for him, so it doesn't really make sense to rail on him for not hitting the WW.

• Like 1

Agreed I'm bitter about any roster like above making playoffs when me roster below goes 5-8 with the top points for and top points against all year .. so annoying lol

Right there with you... :lol:

I was 3rd in points and 2nd in points against and missed the playoffs.

Right there with you... :lol:

I was 3rd in points and 2nd in points against and missed the playoffs.

Better than making the playoffs and lose Rawls, Eifert, J-Stew and have Sanders put up a dud in first round. To make matters worse I left Gurley on the bench. I need ODB to score me 26 points to win in PPR. Don't even know if I'd deserve a win at this point.

So respect to this guy, if he pulls out a Taco-esque win that's pretty sweet. Even better if everyone congratulates him and he's like "For what"

Edited by Inziladun