[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you do when a disruptive manager is...your boss?

Alphashado

It's kind of a double edged sword I guess, to me it's unfair in one sense that guys can get up at 2 am to snatch up all the FA's, some people are working at that time or can't physically wake up for whatever reason, the only solution to me after this year, is you change your waiver system, the only fair way is a FABB which to me is the best waiver system especially for high stakes, and you make it so there are no FA's ever, players are always on waivers so a bid MUST be placed. We had a similar situation where we had a guy living on the west and the rest lived on the east, I think Waivers were processed at something like 3am Est, well it was midnight his way and here he was wide awake when everyone else was asleep, that was our first and only year where we had a FA system, since then all FAAB with continuous waivers.  

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Why in the world would one pay substantial stakes in a league where getting up at 2 AM gives one an advantage on waivers?  Blind bidding yo.

You don't need to use blind bidding to get rid of this, you just need to set it up differently or use a better league site. Many more casual fantasy players have no desire to get into the complexity that goes with bidding. There is no one size fits all way to handle things, just like IDP or PPR, not every league does things the same.

We don't have this issue in our league, players dropped go on waivers for one day, once they clear anybody can have them. Not sure what time of day that occurs, but I've not seen anybody sitting around waiting to snatch those guys up.

Are there actually 40 players WORTH putting a claim in for this week (or any other week for that matter)?  In all of the leagues I play in, there are rarely more than a handful of players worthy of a claim in any given week...just sayin'...

Maybe you should just leave it alone and let this guy claim 10 bye week kickers, then lock his roster so he cant drop them from his roster this week!  LMAO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I didn't think it was necessary to point out that casual fantasy players don't typically play in "High Roller" leagues.  Thanks Grabby!

Who said this league is "High Roller"?  You're the one who talked about substantial stakes, which is different for everybody. We don't even know if there is any money involved.

11 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Who said this league is "High Roller"?  You're the one who talked about substantial stakes, which is different for everybody. We don't even know if there is any money involved.

Its clearly indicated above by the OP that this has a large sum of money as the entry fee, now that is certainly up for interpretation, my definition of high stakes is likely much different than say Henry Mutos defintion 

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

Its clearly indicated above by the OP that this has a large sum of money as the entry fee, now that is certainly up for interpretation, my definition of high stakes is likely much different than say Henry Mutos defintion

Somehow I missed that post, I know the initial post hadn't mentioned it.

Either way the point I was trying to make was that you don't need to use blind bid to solve the issue, even in a big money league people may not want to do that. (Apparently this high rollers league doesn't use it Bobby YO Brown thinks its the only way to do things.)

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

What I have gathered is your boss has found a way to fix Yahoo’s waiver wire issues. With that on his resume he should be getting a promotion or looking for a better job in the near future. I’d wait it out 

Very Bill Belicheck-ien of him I must say! Exploit every angle till caught B)

Edited by Gourdeau

4 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

What I have gathered is your boss has found a way to fix Yahoo’s waiver wire issues. With that on his resume he should be getting a promotion or looking for a better job in the near future. I’d wait it out 

He didn't "fix" anything. The only thing it accomplishes is to make people wait till the waiver transactions are actually posted at around 3am. Once the waiver claims are posted, all the players that had a failing claim made for them are also listed as a FA. If you look at it right after the waivers were proccessed, but before they are posted, all the players that had a claim made for them still have a (W) next to their name.

So now the early bird FA scavangers will simply set an alarm for 3am instead of 2am. The only thing he accomplishes by doing this is postponing when people will start looking at the FA list by roughly one hour.

In regards to the time of day, its actually quite irrelevant. In a system where players that weren't claimed by waivers go to free agency, there will always be a certain (time) this occurs. If it happens at 2am or 8am, you will still have some guys working, some guys sleeping, some guys driving to or home from work etc. Bottom line is that if you really want a guy then you simply put in a waiver claim. Complaining about the time when players go into free agency just because you don't want to use your FAAB or Waiver priority is a moot point, If you really want those players, then you will put in a claim for them. If you choose to bypass the Waiver or FAAB system (which ever you are using) in favor of selecting what's left in the FA market, then you are willingly subjecting yourself to the open market competition.

We aren't talking about how this guy can't get any good players because he doens't want to be sitting at his phone or computer at 2am

We are talking about FAs that weren't claimed.

Complaining and getting pissy about the FA market AFTER waivers are claimed would be the same as showing up at the dumpster behind Wendy's 2 hours AFTER they dump the leftover burgers and bitching at the other homeless people for being there first to get all the good food....... While the entire time you had $100 in your pocket and could have easily just walked in and paid for a burger.

Edited by Alphashado

9 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Why in the world would one pay substantial stakes in a league where getting up at 2 AM gives one an advantage on waivers?  Blind bidding yo.

It isn't waivers we are talking about. We are talking about the FA list after waivers are processed. 

7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

It's nothing huge. $250 entry fee. But that's more than your standard league and we call it High Rollers because for a working stiff, $250 is still a nice chunk of change.

Just to make sure there is clarity-

For some reason, Yahoo leagues will allow you to pick up free agents that were not claimed on waivers before they actually post the waiver claims. The waiver claims are processed at the same time they make FA available for pickup, but for some reason there is a 1-2 hour delay in when Yahoo actually posts the claims. The FA list you are browsing at 2am is the same FA list that is available until the following Sunday.

But during that brief period between when everything is processed and posted, you can pickup FAs and players that were claimed on waivers have a (W) next to their name. Once the waiver claims are posted, the same FA list simply no longer has the claimed players listed.

Bottom line is you are still only allowed to pick up players that were not claimed on waivers.

By putting in 40 claims, it marked all those players during that window as having a claim made against them instead of FA. He only postponed when those FA were available for pickup by 1-2 hours.

These Aholes that are getting up at 2 am cannot be glossed over. That was a major major problem in my league too and forced us to completely change our waiver system.. Yes its for money, yes its not against the rules blah blah blah , bottom line is you are a Dbag if you are doing this . We changed our waiver system to where we run waivers every night from Wednesday to Friday and I then Manually open FCFS on Saturday morning at 9. I have to frigging remember to do this every week and sometimes get up earlier than I want to on the weekend . I also have to remember to switch it back every sunday when the game starts . We use CBS which supports this . Auction would not be a good option with my crew

Edited by whomper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballjoe said:

I did not read everything here but did someone mention to invite your bosses boss to play in the league? In fact, let him have your spot and be the commish.

This is what happened, and that was exactly my advice to the OP.

You need to go above this guys head for the sake of the company.  This guy is in a leadership position and being a total dick to people that make less than he does so he can win a fantasy league.    He should be removed from his position immediately.     

36 minutes ago, Patriots said:

You need to go above this guys head for the sake of the company.  This guy is in a leadership position and being a total dick to people that make less than he does so he can win a fantasy league.    He should be removed from his position immediately.    

Seriously, go to management about your boss because of some petty manure in a fantasy league?  Are you also the kind of person that wants Congress involved in stuff like an NFL game not being shown in some market that "deserves" to see it?

41 minutes ago, Patriots said:

:rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Seriously, go to management about your boss because of some petty manure in a fantasy league?  Are you also the kind of person that wants Congress involved in stuff like an NFL game not being shown in some market that "deserves" to see it?

Disagree youll be known as a whiny enchilada bringing bs illegal (company rules)  garbage to higher ups who feel they have much better things to do than try to control a ff league wasting company time.  

• Like 1