[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are we doing with Gurley?

Rbrown

I have a 10 team league ($100 buy in, winner take all) and draft order is set, I pick 9th. In mocks, I usually go WR/RB/WR/RB and end up with a roster looking like Julio, D Cook, Theilan, Jones/Carson/Fournette. A couple times, Gurley went very end of 3rd round or first pick of 4th round, just ahead of mine. If he's there in a real draft in the 4th round, do I take him as RB2?

2 minutes ago, Rbrown said:

I have a 10 team league ($100 buy in, winner take all) and draft order is set, I pick 9th. In mocks, I usually go WR/RB/WR/RB and end up with a roster looking like Julio, D Cook, Theilan, Jones/Carson/Fournette. A couple times, Gurley went very end of 3rd round or first pick of 4th round, just ahead of mine. If he's there in a real draft in the 4th round, do I take him as RB2?

I would certainly take him in the 4th round of any draft. Just make sure to get his handcuff later. 

Edited by League_Champion

Okay so, question.  I have 9th pick and will probably go with Julio/Thomas/OBJ with 1st pick. I assume guy picking 10 and 11 will take take one each of WR & RB. Pick 12 is me, should I reach for Gurley as my RB1 or take the safer option and pick Conner/D Cook/Mixon? 

I'm not looking for you guys to make my selection, I jsut want to see some options before I make my decision. Maybe you know something I don't.

Gurley's going late 3rd or 4th? Can I play in your league?

The Rams are going to find that they're just not the same team without Gurley on the field. He's not going to reach the same numbers from the last two years but he's still a top-10 back this year.

4 hours ago, Rbrown said:

Okay so, question.  I have 9th pick and will probably go with Julio/Thomas/OBJ with 1st pick. I assume guy picking 10 and 11 will take take one each of WR & RB. Pick 12 is me, should I reach for Gurley as my RB1 or take the safer option and pick Conner/D Cook/Mixon? 

I'm not looking for you guys to make my selection, I jsut want to see some options before I make my decision. Maybe you know something I don't.

I like Gurley better than Conner, Cook and Mixon. I'd be happy to get him 12th overall as my RB1, paired with Julio if you can. I'm 10th in one of my 10-team leagues and I plan on doing exactly what you're considering here.

22 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

Gurley's going late 3rd or 4th? Can I play in your league?

The Rams are going to find that they're just not the same team without Gurley on the field. He's not going to reach the same numbers from the last two years but he's still a top-10 back this year.

That's where he's gone in mock drafts, no idea where he'll fall in my real draft. That's my dilemma. In real draft, I'd love to get him in 3rd round, but it's unlikely.

In one of my leagues where we only have 1 required RB, I will consider him in the 2nd round assuming I don't go RB in the 1st. If I do go RB in the 1st, it would be a harder decision to take him based the lineup reqs and scoring system, but he could be one heck of a flex

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

In one of my leagues where we only have 1 required RB, I will consider him in the 2nd round assuming I don't go RB in the 1st. If I do go RB in the 1st, it would be a harder decision to take him based the lineup reqs and scoring system, but he could be one heck of a flex

If you are drafting at or near the turn you very well could get a top WR and Gurley in the early 2nd.  

15 hours ago, League_Champion said:

If you are drafting at or near the turn you very well could get a top WR and Gurley in the early 2nd.  

I didn't want to put to many details into my post as it is a Huddle league that hadn't yet drafted, but now that we have started and are through most of the second round, I'll go through my logic.

12 team league - only 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex. Graduated PPR so RB get 0.5 PPR, WRs get 0.75 PPR and TEs get 1.0 PPR.

I had the 8th pick. When the draft started, my plan, assuming picks ahead of me were normal, was to take either Adams (whom I have really high this year) or Kelce for the TE bonus (I've had good success in this league in the past by getting a top TE early and finding value at other positions later vs. waiting on TE) in the first and then possibly Gurley in the 2nd. First 7 picks were fairly standard, only "surprise" was Conner jumping into the top 6, which made me thing there was a chance at David Johnson who went at 7.

I took Adams at the 8 pick (Kelce went at 9 to an owner that has won the league several times).

When the second round came around, it looked like JuJu was going to drop to me, but he went one pick in front of me (to the Kelce drafter). I then had to decide between RB (Gurley and Mixon top candidates), pairing my WRs (Mike Evans top choice) or getting Ertz/Kittle. After looking at my projections and ADP (and knowing the draft tendencies of this league) I ended up ruling out the risk of the RB pick as there are several later ones I like and I only need to start 1. I had decided on Evans, had him queued up but then decided that WR is so deep this year that I would prefer to lock up a safer consistent TE, especially with the bonus PPR scoring. I opted for Ertz.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to pu the thought process for my league in there, all that to say, if the league was a more "standard" setup in that there were 2 required RBs and PPR was not graduated, than I would have taken Gurley there no doubt. I think the mid-second round grade for him is taking the risk into account. Even if he is only 75% of what he was, that still puts him into the RB7-12 range, which is where he is being drafted, but he has the legit RB 2-4 upside which I don't believe can be said about any of the other backs in that range.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:52 AM, Rbrown said:

Btw, I'm leaning towards Dalvin Cook as I see he's on a better team with better offense AND better defense than Mixon and I already have Conner in a Keeper league. 

Good points, love both of them (Bengals fan) but you're right about all that. Mixon still produced great numbers last year even with our manurety ass team, but I like Cook's situation a lot.