[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

just traded michael thomas for jon taylor

john44323

Feel free to crucify me. I desperately needed a RB after my team put up 100 points in week one and I have a feeling Michael Thomas finishes outside of the top five receivers this year. Did I pull the gun on a guy who has not really proved much too early, probably, but my plan is to now levy Mahomes/Kareem Hunt for another receiver. Can someone let me know who they think I should move to get another WR. 

Roster:

Mahomes 

Chubb

Taylor

DJ Moore 

TY Hilton

Mark Andrews

Bench:

Kareem Hunt

Malcom Brown

Will Fuller V

Robby Anderson

Ceedee Lamb 

Deebo Samuel

Melvin Gordon

Fournette

Edited by john44323

You had depth at RB to wait and see.

I can't see Thomas coming back until after week 6 bye.  Why would they chance it.  Maybe if they have a crap game against LVR they would want to get him back in a couple weeks.  Not an easy injury to return from early, but you never know.

Taylor is in perfect position to excel as each week goes by, but at expense of the WR1 is tough.  Hopefully Fuller stays healthy, Samuel returns healthy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

I have Thomas too and am weak at RB. Talking Zack moss Antonio Gibson are my RB2s.

PPR?

I would sell Chubb high or try to move Melvin Gordon to land a good WR. Maybe package with a guy like Fuller who can't stay healthy.

It is PPR, but an eight man which means WRS are bountiful and RBs are hard to come by. So while I didn't have your RB2 situation definitely didn't feel good about it compared to the other teams in the league. I like the idea of melvin and fuller but I shopped him a bit this week and no one seemed interested. Do you think selling Chubb high is the move? I really liked what I saw out of him last night, was considering selling Hunt high because he only really got carries when they were protecting a lead, which I think will be a rare scenario for cleveland going forward.

22 minutes ago, XFlash said:

You had depth at RB to wait and see.

I can't see Thomas coming back until after week 6 bye.  Why would they chance it.  Maybe if they have a crap game against LVR they would want to get him back in a couple weeks.  Not an easy injury to return from early, but you never know.

Taylor is in perfect position to excel as each week goes by, but at expense of the WR1 is tough.  Hopefully Fuller stays healthy, Samuel returns healthy.

definitely took a risk. And I wanted to get Taylor before his value increases but still ended up giving more than I planned. He wouldn't take DJ Moore. Was thinking about packaging fuller and Hunt/Melvin/Brown for another receiver. 

7 minutes ago, Matt07chs said:

I don't like that trade at all.

You had enough RB depth to not give up a top 3 WR, even with Thomas out for a short time.

i'm definitely already having regrets, but my plan was to get taylor and hope he gives me at least borderline rb1 production, and then trade some of my rb depth for a receiver who is not michael thomas, just because i was having lots of doubts about him. 

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You traded the best WR in football for a RB2? Seriously? They let that trade go through?

He'll be back long before the playoff run. It's not like he's crippled. 

fair criticism. Truthfully I didn't like Thomas this year from the moment I drafted him, and then week one he was bad, and then he got hurt. So I probably should not have taken him to begin with if I was just gonna sell him for a RB2. And trust me I got roasted in the group chat. On paper it was a god awful trade, but if you want my logic I love Taylor's upside, think Thomas will have an off year, and now have a plethora of backs to trade for another WR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john44323 said:

It is PPR, but an eight man which means WRS are bountiful and RBs are hard to come by. So while I didn't have your RB2 situation definitely didn't feel good about it compared to the other teams in the league. I like the idea of melvin and fuller but I shopped him a bit this week and no one seemed interested. Do you think selling Chubb high is the move? I really liked what I saw out of him last night, was considering selling Hunt high because he only really got carries when they were protecting a lead, which I think will be a rare scenario for cleveland going forward.

To be honest I don't know if selling Chubb is right. I guess my thinking was with him splitting with Hunt. Hunt catches more balls, right?

You have a ton of backs though so honestly I would just do what it takes to get the WR you want.

I also "had" to draft Thomas, He fell to me at 7. My hope/plan was Adams/Godwin 1 and 2. When Thomas was their at 7 I had to.

I am so on the fence with trading him or not.

Not to make the thread about me, but my schedule is tough. Everyone I am playing the next 5 weeks put up close to 150 and their teams just seem loaded. I scored 100 and am projected for the same. I can easily see me starting 0-5, 0-6.

My thought was if I sell Thomas, I get a RB and at least have some balance. I dunno.

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You traded the best WR in football for a RB2? Seriously? They let that trade go through?

I almost did similar. I ended up real weak at RB. My RB2 is Moss or Gibson and my RB 1 is David Johnson.

I thought about moving Thomas for Evans/Swift, Allen Robinson and Fournette, or moving Thomas and Moss for Taylor or Jacobs.

I don't want to panic at 0-1 my my team already is banged up and I don't know if I ride it out or try to make some moves to at least have more balance.

With the moves I know I can make, my team could go from A-B below

A (NOW  )                                   B   (AFTER TRADES)

QB

Dak/Watson                             same

RB

Johnson                                  Johnson

Moss                                       Mostert/Jacobs/Taylor

Gibson                                    Fournette

Kelley                                     Kelly

Snell                                      D. Montgomery

WR

Thomas                                Beckham

Godwin                                 Evans/Robinson

Woods                                  Woods

Campbell                               Campbell

M Williams                             M Williams

2 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

To be honest I don't know if selling Chubb is right. I guess my thinking was with him splitting with Hunt. Hunt catches more balls, right?

You have a ton of backs though so honestly I would just do what it takes to get the WR you want.

I also "had" to draft Thomas, He fell to me at 7. My hope/plan was Adams/Godwin 1 and 2. When Thomas was their at 7 I had to.

I am so on the fence with trading him or not.

Not to make the thread about me, but my schedule is tough. Everyone I am playing the next 5 weeks put up close to 150 and their teams just seem loaded. I scored 100 and am projected for the same. I can easily see me starting 0-5, 0-6.

My thought was if I sell Thomas, I get a RB and at least have some balance. I dunno.

that's exactly why i did it. I don't want to start out 1-4. No point in having thomas for playoffs if u don't make them. Also wanted a more balanced squad. Hunt does catch more balls but he did not see the field that much last night until the 4th. I passed on Kamara in the draft like a (the really bad word)in idiot because it was the day it got announced he wanted a trade which turned out to be total bullmanure. Wish i had taken helaire or henry instead. if ur team is 1 QB then try moving watson and thomas for an elite back to a team with a lesser QB maybe. I don't think your team can be consistent with those backs. That being said maybe don't take advice from me because i may have just made a dumbass trade.

1 minute ago, john44323 said:

that's exactly why i did it. I don't want to start out 1-4. No point in having thomas for playoffs if u don't make them. Also wanted a more balanced squad. Hunt does catch more balls but he did not see the field that much last night until the 4th. I passed on Kamara in the draft like a (the really bad word)in idiot because it was the day it got announced he wanted a trade which turned out to be total bullmanure. Wish i had taken helaire or henry instead. if ur team is 1 QB then try moving watson and thomas for an elite back to a team with a lesser QB maybe. I don't think your team can be consistent with those backs. That being said maybe don't take advice from me because i may have just made a dumbass trade.

I appreciate the input!

I hate the Cowboys, lol, so I want to move dak.

It would be giving away a ton, but I thought about Dak and Thomas for a Mostert.

My issue, in our league, is every team with great RBs has a great QB. I can't see any one wanting Dak over who they have.

9 minutes ago, TheGuildedAge said:

I appreciate the input!

I hate the Cowboys, lol, so I want to move dak.

It would be giving away a ton, but I thought about Dak and Thomas for a Mostert.

My issue, in our league, is every team with great RBs has a great QB. I can't see any one wanting Dak over who they have.

could try moving godwin instead. And the only guys i put above dak are Lamar, Mahomes, Wilson, and maybe Kyler. 

6 minutes ago, john44323 said:

could try moving godwin instead. And the only guys i put above dak are Lamar, Mahomes, Wilson, and maybe Kyler. 

I had an offer of Godwin and Moss for Mostert and Beckham.

Thought about Godwin for Mostert straight up or have him throw in a low end guy. Not a great trade on paper but I am pretty desperate at RB

You did good, I think Taylor will be a top 10 rb end of season. Thomas won't even be 100% until after there bye. He does you no good sitting on your bench for half the season when you lost your first week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, john44323 said:

fair criticism. Truthfully I didn't like Thomas this year from the moment I drafted him, and then week one he was bad, and then he got hurt. So I probably should not have taken him to begin with if I was just gonna sell him for a RB2. And trust me I got roasted in the group chat. On paper it was a god awful trade, but if you want my logic I love Taylor's upside, think Thomas will have an off year, and now have a plethora of backs to trade for another WR.

You could have gotten Taylor in the 4th or 5th. If you were so high on Taylor why didn't you just draft him to begin with? I'm so confused as to your logic. 

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You could have gotten Taylor in the 4th or 5th. If you were so high on Taylor why didn't you just draft him to begin with? I'm so confused as to your logic. 

to be honest i thought marlon mack would dominate the year and didn't want to spend those picks on him. 

11 hours ago, john44323 said:

to be honest i thought marlon mack would dominate the year and didn't want to spend those picks on him. 

So Taylor is going to be so good that he can’t beat out Mack? There was a chance that Thomas can okay this week too but they’re going to be cautious and hold him

out. This trade is a bit of a panic move, imo.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, League_Champion said:

That last part should be the answer for anyone asking to trade Thomas 😂