[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Covid Thread- All things Covid and the NFL

Shaft

4 hours ago, Shaft said:

Lamar  Jackson

Jonathon Taylor

James Conner

Jackson has COV19 label in Yahoo league, but Conner is "NA".  Any idea? 

(I'd appreciate a COV designation so I can stick him in IR and go get someone before I get blocked.)

**** Yahoo gave him the COV basically while I was typing my post ****

Edited by FinishTheDrill

Just now, FinishTheDrill said:

Jackson has COV19 label in Yahoo league, but Conner is "NA".  Any idea? 

(I'd appreciate a COV designation so I can stick him in IR and go get someone before I get blocked.)

probably will change soon.  Isn't he supposed to be retested by Sunday to see if it was a false positive?  Maybe that is the delay?  Just guessing here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Just guessing here. 

I guessed that as well, however when Lamar tested positive it was an immediate Cov19 designation.  Perhaps he had symptoms and Conner doesnt?  

I dont know.  

***** Got the COV19 designation basically while I was typing. ***

Edited by FinishTheDrill

Seriously, the Broncos should just forfeit or at least the league should postpone the game.

A fourth string emergency qb starting?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

44 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Seriously, the Broncos should just forfeit. 

A fourth string emergency qb starting?

If they forfeit, none of the players from either team get paid for the game. That’s why they’ll play if they can

Edited by Finn5033

25 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

If they forfeit, none of the players from either team get paid for the game. That’s why they’ll play if they can

I didn't know that.

Maybe they should just postpone it.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had much to say on how the NFL is penalizing teams for Covid violations. Although I thought it was BS that the Saints got fined for mask violations during a game when it didn't really look like they were doing anything more than the majority of the NFL. Still, they were guilty & took their fine. The second penalty for the Saints locker room celebration was incremental & understood. I was really confused by the situation with the Broncos and felt sorry that they were forced to play without a QB and also wondered why they were never penalized, though playing without a QB is penalty enough & arguably worse.

That said, this latest Ravens - Steelers situation really has me scratching my head. The Ravens were just fined $250k for their first mask violation. Fine, that makes total sense because that's what the Saints were penalized for their first one.. But the Steelers have yet to be penalized at all and Tomlin is saying that they would keep any discipline "in house." Last I checked, that's not the way it works, at least not for some of the teams. What's worse is that this isn't the first time the Steelers have had this type of celebration this season. One week before the Saints got popped for their locker room celebration the Steelers posted one of their own on Youtube and no one said a thing.

As always, I get the fines & penalties most of the time. I just want them to be consistent with everyone.

Edited by rajncajn

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 3:06 PM, rajncajn said:

I haven't had much to say on how the NFL is penalizing teams for Covid violations. Although I thought it was BS that the Saints got fined for mask violations during a game when it didn't really look like they were doing anything more than the majority of the NFL. Still, they were guilty & took their fine. The second penalty for the Saints locker room celebration was incremental & understood. I was really confused by the situation with the Broncos and felt sorry that they were forced to play without a QB and also wondered why they were never penalized, though playing without a QB is penalty enough & arguably worse.

That said, this latest Ravens - Steelers situation really has me scratching my head. The Ravens were just fined $250k for their first mask violation. Fine, that makes total sense because that's what the Saints were penalized for their first one.. But the Steelers have yet to be penalized at all and Tomlin is saying that they would keep any discipline "in house." Last I checked, that's not the way it works, at least not for some of the teams. What's worse is that this isn't the first time the Steelers have had this type of celebration this season. One week before the Saints got popped for their locker room celebration the Steelers posted one of their own on Youtube and no one said a thing.

As always, I get the fines & penalties most of the time. I just want them to be consistent with everyone.

Still waiting for the Steelers to be penalized the same as the Saints were for their second Covid violation.  Meanwhile,  C.J. Gardner-Johnson leading up to the Tampa game,  is the first player EVER to be fined for trash talking. 

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Still waiting for the Steelers to be penalized the same as the Saints were for their second Covid violation.  Meanwhile,  C.J. Gardner-Johnson leading up to the Tampa game,  is the first player EVER to be fined for trash talking. 

Can Brady get fined for pwnage on Brees?

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Can Brady get fined for pwnage on Brees?

Tampa's defense did more to win that game than Brady,  but you're right,  Brees played a bad game. Don't want to see him go out like that. He deserves better. 

Back on topic, the Steelers were busted doing literally the exact same thing as the Saints, it would be their second penalty,  so why are the Saints losing draft pick and the Steelers aren't even getting a fine?

Edited by rajncajn
  • Thanks 1

On 1/17/2021 at 10:19 PM, rajncajn said:

Tampa's defense did more to win that game than Brady,  but you're right,  Brees played a bad game. Don't want to see him go out like that. He deserves better. 

Back on topic, the Steelers were busted doing literally the exact same thing as the Saints, it would be their second penalty,  so why are the Saints losing draft pick and the Steelers aren't even getting a fine?

Because some teams get special treatment?