[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taysom Hill or Jameis Winston

Rekroot

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It sure is. It's time for Taysom to put his big boy pants on and show that he can be a starting QB in the NFL and not a gadget/TE guy. We'll see what happens. 

Man I sure hope so. I’d love to drop Cam Newton for Taysom. Should I drop Cam for either Taysom or Jameis? My other QB is Josh Allen.

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I totally agree. I think that will be the plan. Payton knows he can't fully trust Jameis either. I think Taysom will get a lot of snaps. 

I would (and will) start Winston as a low-level QB1, but there'd still be no way I'd start Hill, even in superflex.

I own both in a couple leagues... I took Hill as a flier before Winston was on the team.

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Payton doesn't trust Hill one bit...

Not sure why you would say that. Winston is probably a slightly better passer & may be more suited to run the offense as-is, but I don't think that's a knock on Hill at all. Hill may be just about as good as Winston as a passer, but he also can run with the likes of Josh Allen & Daniel Jones. The guy ran a 4.4-40 and he's 6-2, 220+. I'm not calling a starter here, but I'd not bet against Hill.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Not sure why you would say that. Winston is probably a slightly better passer & may be more suited to run the offense as-is, but I don't think that's a knock on Hill at all. Hill may be just about as good as Winston as a passer, but he also can run with the likes of Josh Allen & Daniel Jones. The guy ran a 4.4-40 and he's 6-2, 220+. I'm not calling a starter here, but I'd not bet against Hill.

He's been in the league since 2017 and has just over 500 career passing yards. That's almost one game for Jameis. I think you have to go with Jameis on experience alone. Taysom isn't ready to be thrown into the middle of a Superbowl run, not that Jameis is either but he's far more skilled. That's just my opinion. 

I don't think Hill is even close to Winston passing-wise.  Hill can throw but Winston is the far superior passer.  His problem has been decision-making and let's see if his LASIK eye surgery did anything towards him not throwing the ball to the other team 2-3 times a game.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCajun said:

It will be Winston. They use Taysom in way to many areas to have him be the main backup. Its time for Winston to earn his roster spot for next year. They will have Taysom come in from time to time to run and fumble the ball but he wont be the main guy. 

:lol::bash:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm picking up Winston as my QB2 wherever I can. 

He'll put up QB1 numbers this week for sure.  He's auditioning and the matchup is terrific.

And rajn, I do agree that Hill can throw the ball.  It's just not his strongest attribute.  Dude can run like a beefed-up gazelle though.  They will keep him incorporated into the offense, maybe even a bit more now.

48 minutes ago, darin3 said:

He'll put up QB1 numbers this week for sure.  He's auditioning and the matchup is terrific.

And rajn, I do agree that Hill can throw the ball.  It's just not his strongest attribute.  Dude can run like a beefed-up gazelle though.  They will keep him incorporated into the offense, maybe even a bit more now.

Agree, but I'm not sure if Payton doesn't sideline Hill the same way he did when Bridgewater was out there.