[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor: Carson Wentz wants out of Philadelphia

Wolverines Fan

15 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Why couldn't the Jets get the 1st pick back?  I guess I'm missing something.

Its not impossible and not sure about tie breakers, but apparently as it sits now Jets would win those and be ahead of Jags. So they need the Jags to win (or tie) a game while they keep losing.  Jags face Bears-Colts while Jets face Browns-Pats

I honestly don't think teams (coaches and players) say "hey lets go out and lose to get the better draft pick, who cares if we go down in history as one of the worst teams ever with an 0-16 record. Browns and Lions need the company. The #1 pick is what matters since that's a guaranteed path to a successful turnaround."

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh yes another $h!tshow in Philly.  Another mediocre HC will keep his job and ship out the only NFL QB on his roster .  

Meanwhile I have to listen to the fans try and convince themselves that Hurts is the next Lamar Jackson 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zooty said:

Ahhh yes another $h!tshow in Philly.  Another mediocre HC will keep his job and ship out the only NFL QB on his roster .  

Meanwhile I have to listen to the fans try and convince themselves that Hurts is the next Lamar Jackson 

I agree. Hurts is not an NFL QB. The only option right now is to fire Clueless Doug, get rid of Slow Howie then bring in a new coach/GM to fix Wentz. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

I agree. Hurts is not an NFL QB. The only option right now is to fire Clueless Doug, get rid of Slow Howie then bring in a new coach/GM to fix Wentz. 

Well that won't happen.  Jeff won't fire Doug, the Super Bowl wasn't that long ago.   They try to move Wentz instead of getting him back on track.  Foolish NFL teams, they all do stupid stuff like this

Spend the next 5 years trying to get a real Qb while we watch Hurts , Foles and Doug go 8-8.  Boring 

7 minutes ago, Zooty said:

Well that won't happen.  Jeff won't fire Doug, the Super Bowl wasn't that long ago.   They try to move Wentz instead of getting him back on track.  Foolish NFL teams, they all do stupid stuff like this

Spend the next 5 years trying to get a real Qb while we watch Hurts , Foles and Doug go 8-8.  Boring 

The numbers make Wentz almost unmovable. I can tell you that Laurie is very unhappy with Pederson and at the very least will force him to relinquish play calling duties next season. I'd be shocked if his good buddy Howie is back in the front office. He'll be back in the ticket office where he belongs. But we all know Laurie is loyal to a fault, so who knows?? 

4 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Didn't you just say Wentz isn't going anywhere? So which is it, he can or cannot be traded? 

I'd be shocked if he's traded. First off they don't have a QB to replace him and the 34 million dollar cap hit w/10 million in dead money makes it pretty hard. My GUESS is that Wentz is the starting QB next year with a new system/coordinator. 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'd be shocked if he's traded. First off they don't have a QB to replace him and the 34 million dollar cap hit w/10 million in dead money makes it pretty hard. My GUESS is that Wentz is the starting QB next year with a new system/coordinator. 

If I didn't think he could be traded I would not present stories with a list of potential trading partners. 

Never say never, nobody thought the Texans could find a trade partner for Brock Osweiler, it took an MLB style trade with Browns basically buying a draft pick. 

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If I didn't think he could be traded I would not present stories with a list of potential trading partners. 

Never say never, nobody thought the Texans could find a trade partner for Brock Osweiler, it took an MLB style trade with Browns basically buying a draft pick. 

That was a whole different situation. What do the Eagles gain by trading Wentz? They know that Hurts isn't an NFL QB. At this point it makes way more sense to keep him and try to fix him. 

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That was a whole different situation. What do the Eagles gain by trading Wentz? They know that Hurts isn't an NFL QB. At this point it makes way more sense to keep him and try to fix him. 

Except the relationship between player and coach seems toxic and beyond repair. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Except the relationship between player and coach seems toxic and beyond repair. 

You could be right. But unless they have the QB situation locked down Pederson can start packing his stuff because Hurts isn't their guy, he's horrible. They are supposed to have a big sit down this week with Wentz, the GM, owner and Doug. I guess it all depends on how those meetings go. I'd like to see Wentz stay but with a new OC and system in place. Doug never adapted to Carson's style. 

I just don't see the value in trading your franchise QB, taking a 34 million dollar cap hit and paying 10 million in dead money. For what, maybe a 3rd round pick and you still have no QB? I think you do whatever you can to make it work, or at least try. 

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You could be right. But unless they have the QB situation locked down Pederson can start packing his stuff because Hurts isn't their guy, he's horrible. They are supposed to have a big sit down this week with Wentz, the GM, owner and Doug. I guess it all depends on how those meetings go. I'd like to see Wentz stay but with a new OC and system in place. Doug never adapted to Carson's style. 

I just don't see the value in trading your franchise QB, taking a 34 million dollar cap hit and paying 10 million in dead money. For what, maybe a 3rd round pick and you still have no QB? I think you do whatever you can to make it work, or at least try. 

For once I completely agree with you. And it could be that Pederson is gone if the entire team is angry about his decision to sit Hurts on Sunday.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

And it could be that Pederson is gone if the entire team is angry about his decision to sit Hurts on Sunday

Agree. It was a big FU to the fans, players and media. I don't know how you survive losing your teams trust. I'd be shocked if Laurie fires him but it would certainly be justified, especially after that debacle of a season.