[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Multiple signs seem to be pointing to Josh McDaniels as the Eagles’ next head coach

League_Champion

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I was hoping to get a Cleveland Brown fan's perspective on it. I think I just did, haha. 

Unfortunately it looks like they're hiring him, hope not. 

Glad I could help out providing the perspective from a fan of a team with a winning record and a playoff win. 

He was rumored to be in the running for the Browns job several times, and each time most of us said no thanks. 

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Glad I could help out providing the perspective from a fan of a team with a winning record and a playoff win. 

He was rumored to be in the running for the Browns job several times, and each time most of us said no thanks. 

My bad. I thought he was with the Browns at one point. I think that was Denver. A retread nonetheless 

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

This is why you're a loser from a loser City. You've been beaten down so much that you have a loser mentality. One playoff win and you're Johnny RaRa, Best Franchise Ever Guy. Instead of being upset that you got bounced out of the playoffs you're acting like they actually achieved something great. Don't sniff yourself too much old Man, you're team and City are still a laughing stock.

We finally found video of you.

Browns-Manziel-Fan.gif

Edited by League_Champion
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

This is why you're a loser from a loser City. You've been beaten down so much that you have a loser mentality. One playoff win and you're Johnny RaRa, Best Franchise Ever Guy. Instead of being upset that you got bounced out of the playoffs you're acting like they actually achieved something great. Don't sniff yourself too much old Man, you're team and City are still a laughing stock.

BLAH-BLAH-BLAH  more diarrhea of the mouth from the self proclaimed champ

GFY champ

Yay more pillow fights from two of the bestest here.  :rolleyes:

Now, back to actual discussion....

Guess I should have read this before posting in the Indy thread.  Wonder what McDaniels thinks of Hurts vs. Wentz.  Something tells me he is more in the Wentz camp, but I could be wrong and disclaimer:  I did not read any of the articles posted in this thread.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

Yay more pillow fights from two of the bestest here.  :rolleyes:

Now, back to actual discussion....

Guess I should have read this before posting in the Indy thread.  Wonder what McDaniels thinks of Hurts vs. Wentz.  Something tells me he is more in the Wentz camp, but I could be wrong and disclaimer:  I did not read any of the articles posted in this thread.

Howie Roseman is in the Wentz camp so I'd imagine whatever Coach they bring in will be to. Anyone with 2 eyeballs can see that Hurts is not an NFL QB. 

Couple things here. One, if Taysom Hill, Mitch Trubisky, Drew Lock, and whatever they were trotting out in Jacksonville can play QB in the NFL, then Jalen Hurts certainly can. Remember how Lamar Jackson looked in his rookie year, then what happened in year 2? Gotta say I agree that Hurts started to suck horribly but he's not a lost cause yet. Plus....what's the deal with Wentz after this year? He completely fell apart. 

Second, which is more terrifying: McDaniels as your coach or Adam Gase within 10 miles of your organization? Seattle and Philly could be in for a rough stretch.

Edited by stethant

4 hours ago, stethant said:

Taysom Hill, Mitch Trubisky, Drew Lock, and whatever they were trotting out in Jacksonville can play QB in the NFL,

That's the problem, none of them are NFL starters either. They can't play. 

I personally think Wentz is salvageable. Everything fell apart in Philly and fast. It all started when Frank Reich left. The offensive line was held together with ductape, the injuries piled up and they had no receivers. Pederson did nothing to help Wentz, it was the same plays different rotations every other call. I'd really like to see what he can do in a new system, new coaching staff and at least 1 stud WR. But yes, it looks like it's going to be a rough stretch in Philly. 

17 hours ago, stethant said:

Couple things here. One, if Taysom Hill, Mitch Trubisky, Drew Lock, and whatever they were trotting out in Jacksonville can play QB in the NFL, then Jalen Hurts certainly can. Remember how Lamar Jackson looked in his rookie year, then what happened in year 2? Gotta say I agree that Hurts started to suck horribly but he's not a lost cause yet. Plus....what's the deal with Wentz after this year? He completely fell apart. 

Second, which is more terrifying: McDaniels as your coach or Adam Gase within 10 miles of your organization? Seattle and Philly could be in for a rough stretch.

I remember Lamar Jackson barely throwing the ball during most of the starts he had his rookie season. And when he did throw he looked really bad. He improved a massive amount in year two, and by year 3 was a pretty good passer who could still rush for 1000 yards. I do wonder with guys like that though, long term how that will go. A QB is a key part of the team, and having them running frequently and taking a beating, potential injury is not a good long term plan. 

Have to wonder about Josh Daniels. He has to be hanging on to be the next NE coach, right? But... what would he be inheriting anyway? NE has decent defense players but the offense is a wreck. He should have taken the Colts job back a few years ago.  He's been in NE as the OC for 13 years in total, including the last nine years.  Pete Carmichael in NO has been there for 12 years. No other offensive coordinator has been with their team for more than three years.  This year 26 offensive coordinators have been in their job for no more than two years with their team.  It is a position of tremendous churn other than Daniels and Carmichael.

13 minutes ago, DMD said:

Have to wonder about Josh Daniels. He has to be hanging on to be the next NE coach, right? But... what would he be inheriting anyway? NE has decent defense players but the offense is a wreck. He should have taken the Colts job back a few years ago.  He's been in NE as the OC for 13 years in total, including the last nine years.  Pete Carmichael in NO has been there for 12 years. No other offensive coordinator has been with their team for more than three years.  This year 26 offensive coordinators have been in their job for no more than two years with their team.  It is a position of tremendous churn other than Daniels and Carmichael.

Wasn't that familiar with Carmichael and looked at his coaching career, he joined the Saints when Sean Payton became HC, and he was an offensive assistant with SD before that, when Brees was the QB. Does Brees retiring impact his sticking with the Saints? He's not even 50 so still pretty young in coaching ranks. (Though we're seeing a lot more young guys lately.)

I agree with the "what does Josh inherit in NE" view. Ever since he stiffed the Colts after accepting the job I thought he wouldn't get another shot. But apparently teams still think he can do a good job, and are at least interested in talking to him. I wonder if he begged Brady to take him with him, but I am sure Arians would have no part of that.