[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishing

Chief Dick

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Only a couple of keepers today,  but one pretty flatty

20211008_185416.jpg

That you?!  Got the facial hair rocking I see. 

12 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Nice! I love my G3. It's a tank on the water 

What do you usually fish with? Live bait,  soft plastics,  artificial lures?

I've got two good setups, both Shimano Sahara spinner reels, a 3000 and a 4000. The 3000 is on a Lews graphite American Hero 6-1/2 inshore (my favorite) and the 4000 is on a 7' Falcon Coastal. I usually fish soft plastics like Matrix shad/Gulp etc. My favorite though is one from Down South Lures. It has a natural minnow color with red flake and a yellow tail. Sometimes I use a spinner as well. I caught the flounder on a Matrix vortex kamikaze. If I'm inshore on open water I'll also use a voodoo or doa shrimp under a popping cork. I've started trying to do some topwater, but haven't quite got the feel for it yet and as little as I get to go these days, I grow impatient to quickly. For line I use both braid and mono, but I favor the braid because I like the feel and controlled cast. I also feel like I can get away with a lower test as well. 12-15 LB, the lower the better. I prefer to let my drag do the work for for me. Don't use prefab leaders or metal swivels of any kind. Everything is tied onto 20lb fluorocarbon, including the main line. 

17 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Um, yeah,  for like the past 30 years or so... 

Yeah, similar here. getting all grayed up as well. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I may have shaved it off a time or two,  but it's been a lot longer than that. 

It's funny because I was watching football today making shark rigs in the garage. We literally fish with anything here. In salt it's usually shrimp or whatever we catch. I'm a lure junkie as well. We caught a lot of Cobia on lures this year. For the most part is Reds, Jack's, Groupers. In fresh water it's always catfish. I'm more salt. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 5:14 PM, Big John said:

:pc: Closer to 15.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:57 PM, rajncajn said:

I may have shaved it off a time or two,  but it's been a lot longer than that. 

Ok, so I finally got around to looking at some pictures because my memory isn't as good a John's and it's been bugging me. We lost a lot of our pictures that weren't digital, so the oldest picture I could find with me having facial hair (goatee), was from 1999, but I have another picture of me in 97 without. I know that wasn't the first time I grew it, though, because I grew one somewhere in my early 20's while I was still in college, so that would have been around 1991 or so and I would grow it in the winter time and then shave it in the summer. The next picture I have is from 2002 without and the first picture with full-on beard is from 2004. I have no pictures between those time frames, so somewhere between 2002 & 2004 I stopped playing around with just the goatee & went full beard. I've pretty much had it ever since with only 2 exceptions. I once shaved it off when my oldest was about 5 or so and again when my youngest was about the same age. Neither time did they like me without & so I grew it right back.

So, John is right that I've gone with the full beard for a little more than 15 years, but I'm also right that I've had the facial hair thing going for nearly 30. I'm sure that everyone is now fascinated with the history of my beard.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So my son has launched a bait company. He is a fishing savant and these lures are hand crafted/assembled here in the United States. We have personally fished all of these lures and they work. If you are interested help a 14 year old kid out.

If you know fishermen in your life please share the website link on your facebook pages and such. Thanks all.

Corbinator Bait Company

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

So my son has launched a bait company. He is a fishing savant and these lures are hand crafted/assembled here in the United States. We have personally fished all of these lures and they work. If you are interested help a 14 year old kid out.

If you know fishermen in your life please share the website link on your facebook pages and such. Thanks all.

Corbinator Bait Company

done

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Corbinator Bait Company

That's incredible!  14 years old and with such drive. Kudos to your kid and you guys for fostering him in such ways that he's a go-getter.

• Thanks 1

My family and I very much enjoy fishing in all of its forms.  Canepole for killies up through beach for sharks.  

Pond fishing and surf fluking are two particular favorites. 

We generally catch and release in freshwater and eat smaller saltwater critters fresh in the summer.  Not much for freezing fish for future use... plus it gets in the way of all the venison.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chief Dick said:

Corbinator Bait Company

Awesome!  Heading over there!

• Thanks 1