[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaxxed or unvaxxed?

irish

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Well, trying to be the responsible guy I decided to take the at-home test I have. What a pain. It makes you download an app for instructions and then won't allow you to proceed without connecting to the test via Bluetooth and turning on location services. Then I go to connect to the test and get this:

Screenshot_20220113-175911.thumb.jpg.09f6964c22a39a4b53bcbdcf5e8d50c9.jpg

What brand and type of test was that?

I took an Abbot Labs BinaxNOW Antigen test last month, it came with instructions and no app requirement. 

Breaking: The UK government admits that vaccines have damaged the natural immune system of those who have been double-vaccinated. The UK government has admitted that once you have been double-vaccinated, you will never again be able to acquire full natural immunity to Covid variants - or possibly any other virus. In its Week 42 "COVID-19 Vaccine Surveillance Report", the UK Department of Health admits on page 23 that "N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who become infected after two doses of vaccination". It goes on to say that this drop in antibodies is essentially permanent. What does this mean? We know that vaccines do not prevent infection or transmission of the virus (indeed, the report elsewhere shows that vaccinated adults are now much more likely to be infected than unvaccinated ones). The British now find that the vaccine
 interferes with the body's ability to make antibodies after infection not only against the spike protein but also against other parts of the virus. In particular, vaccinated people do not appear to form antibodies against the nucleocapsid protein, the envelope of the virus, which is a crucial part of the response in unvaccinated people. In the long term, the vaccinated are far more susceptible to any mutations in the spike protein, even if they have already been infected and cured once or more. The unvaccinated, on the other hand, will gain lasting, if not permanent, immunity to all strains of the alleged virus after being naturally infected with it even once.

Source:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf 

6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Source:https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1027511/Vaccine-surveillance-report-week-42.pdf 

Breaking:  the source document is form Oct 2021 and this is what the summary/conclusion section says:

"As with all vaccines, the safety of COVID-19 vaccines is continuously being monitored by the MHRA. They conclude that overall, the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines outweigh any potential risks (2)."

So they don't even identify risks.  

Where is the part making the claims that you copied and pasted?

12 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Breaking:  the source document is form Oct 2021 and this is what the summary/conclusion section says:

"As with all vaccines, the safety of COVID-19 vaccines is continuously being monitored by the MHRA. They conclude that overall, the benefits of COVID-19 vaccines outweigh any potential risks (2)."

So they don't even identify risks.  

Where is the part making the claims that you copied and pasted?

The only part of his post that is in the article was the actual piece in quotes, and it is there on page 23 as he says.

22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

the UK Department of Health admits on page 23 that "N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who become infected after two doses of vaccination".

The rest of his post about it impacting the bodies ability to make antibodies is NOT IN THERE. So not sure where he got that, I suspect the usual right wing anti-vax nonsense. 

But hey, he's "not one of them" just somebody that got vaccinated (I believe he said that) and has a pile of tests, even though its a hoax and big nothing burger. (No he hasn't said that, but he sure talks like 45, all bluster and no facts.)

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Thank you being a voice of reason, but LC will now label you a sheep (already has "you're one of them"). 

His constant stupid posting here is what I hear regularly all over the place. People who spread lies "the vaccine was supposed to prevent us from getting the COVID, but it doesn't so it doesn't work". He clearly listens to too much right wing rhetoric, not even extreme stuff this is main stream from Fox to many in the GOP. 

We're all sheep at some point. Just because somebody's following a different shepherd doesn't make it any less so.

3 hours ago, stevegrab said:

What brand and type of test was that?

I took an Abbot Labs BinaxNOW Antigen test last month, it came with instructions and no app requirement. 

Ellume Covid-19 Home Test

Recall

9 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Thanks for the info on that test, appears this one uses technology that was not part of the other antigen based tests with the test strip. More reliable, but does require the app and then has that issue with the recall. Price from what I saw was similar to the one I took (about $25, which may be covered by insurance in the future, or even now, but unless I start taking them regularly I'm not worried about that). 

Of course good luck finding them. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

The rest of his post about it impacting the bodies ability to make antibodies is NOT IN THERE. So not sure where he got that, I suspect the usual right wing anti-vax nonsense. 

Looks like it came from random posters on social media.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-britain/fact-check-lower-number-of-anti-n-antibodies-does-not-indicate-lower-immunity-say-medical-experts-idUSL1N2SE1TC

Snooki gets her medical knowledge from teenagers on Tik Tok.  How unexpected.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

We're all sheep at some point. Just because somebody's following a different shepherd doesn't make it any less so.

Ellume Covid-19 Home Test

Recall

Starting experiencing minor symptoms on Wednesday evening.  Just got a home test and it came out positive.  

Not sure if I even would have grabbed a home test if I wasn't scheduled to fly out Monday morning for work. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Starting experiencing minor symptoms on Wednesday evening.  Just got a home test and it came out positive.  

Not sure if I even would have grabbed a home test if I wasn't scheduled to fly out Monday morning for work

You're fine, you have like 6 booster shots in you. Calm down Vax Boy 

3 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

You're fine, you have like 6 booster shots in you. Calm down Vax Boy 

Aren't you vaccinated Snooki?  Don't you have a pile of tests at home? Freebies from your doctor, more welfare I guess.

Aren't you "one of them"?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Not sure if I even would have grabbed a home test if I wasn't scheduled to fly out Monday morning for work. 

Hate to hear that, hope it's a minor case as with the others.

Yeah, I'm sort of in a similar boat. I got the call last night and I was already experiencing what would be considered symptoms. I had headache, slightly scratchy throat, sneezing, sinus drainage and a minor cough, but that's pretty much my life this time of year, every year, regardless of Covid. So, unless I notice something different or I think I've been exposed, I don't worry about testing. Having known I may have been exposed, plus having some symptoms and the fact that we're driving out of town next week I decided to try the At-home test. But since it was recalled, I went ahead and scheduled at the clinic & boy was that an experience.

I got online & went to the site for the clinic we always use. A long while back they quit taking walk-ins for testing & you had to set up an appointment. The last few times we were tested it was usually for the next morning, but this time the earliest they could get me in was late afternoon Saturday. So, my options were wait or go to the drive-thru testing that the hospital set up. The problem with that is you have to wait 24 hours to get your results and I really didn't want to self-isolate into the weekend because we already had plans. So, my wife suggested another doctor's office that a friend had said they didn't have to wait.

This morning I get there at 8 and walk into their lobby. It's a 12x12 room with barely room for 6 chairs and there's five sketchy looking dudes already in there who all look like they drug in from either a construction site or an underpass and only three of them wearing masks. One dude looked like he was on the verge of snapping, another was visibly agitated at the Biden speech that was playing on the TV and another dude was coughing with his mask hanging around his ear.:weird: Now, you all know that I'm not a big fan of the masks, but at a doctor's office where people are there specifically to get Covid tested? There was some poor little old Vietnamese lady who kept coming in and then going back out when more guys showed up. She saw me go out to my truck and they must have called my name because she poked her head out and waved at me. I just shook my head no and waved her off. I texted my wife: "I'm not doing this. If I don't have Covid now I'm going to get it sitting in there."

I called up the place where I had my appointment and asked if they could fit me in any earlier. They told me that I could get on a waiting list for today, but the appointments were priority. I said I was fine with that and went on. They took my info and sent me out. I waited in my truck and they called me about 45 minutes later to come in. I took the test and waited about another 45 minutes because they were fairly busy &, from what I could hear, they were working with a difficult patient. Not belligerent, I think he may have been autistic. Anyway, finally got my results and thankfully I've managed to dodge yet another Covid bullet.

44 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

In all seriousness, I do hope you feel better. Staying hydrated is extremely important. 

6 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Yeah, I'm sort of in a similar boat. I got the call last night and I was already experiencing what would be considered symptoms. I had headache, slightly scratchy throat, sneezing, sinus drainage and a minor cough, but that's pretty much my life this time of year, every year, regardless of Covid. So, unless I notice something different or I think I've been exposed, I don't worry about testing. Having known I may have been exposed, plus having some symptoms and the fact that we're driving out of town next week I decided to try the At-home test. But since it was recalled, I went ahead and scheduled at the clinic & boy was that an experience.

I got online & went to the site for the clinic we always use. A long while back they quit taking walk-ins for testing & you had to set up an appointment. The last few times we were tested it was usually for the next morning, but this time the earliest they could get me in was late afternoon Saturday. So, my options were wait or go to the drive-thru testing that the hospital set up. The problem with that is you have to wait 24 hours to get your results and I really didn't want to self-isolate into the weekend because we already had plans. So, my wife suggested another doctor's office that a friend had said they didn't have to wait.

This morning I get there at 8 and walk into their lobby. It's a 12x12 room with barely room for 6 chairs and there's five sketchy looking dudes already in there who all look like they drug in from either a construction site or an underpass and only three of them wearing masks. One dude looked like he was on the verge of snapping, another was visibly agitated at the Biden speech that was playing on the TV and another dude was coughing with his mask hanging around his ear.:weird: Now, you all know that I'm not a big fan of the masks, but at a doctor's office where people are there specifically to get Covid tested? There was some poor little old Vietnamese lady who kept coming in and then going back out when more guys showed up. She saw me go out to my truck and they must have called my name because she poked her head out and waved at me. I just shook my head no and waved her off. I texted my wife: "I'm not doing this. If I don't have Covid now I'm going to get it sitting in there."

I called up the place where I had my appointment and asked if they could fit me in any earlier. They told me that I could get on a waiting list for today, but the appointments were priority. I said I was fine with that and went on. They took my info and sent me out. I waited in my truck and they called me about 45 minutes later to come in. I took the test and waited about another 45 minutes because they were fairly busy &, from what I could hear, they were working with a difficult patient. Not belligerent, I think he may have been autistic. Anyway, finally got my results and thankfully I've managed to dodge yet another Covid bullet.

Good Lord.  Glad to hear you are negative. I have a Tele call into the my family doc today.  I wouldn't be opposed to getting a lab test.  Also wouldn't mind if that came back negative before Monday morning.

1 minute ago, Bobby Brown said:

Good Lord.  Glad to hear you are negative. I have a Tele call into the my family doc today.  I wouldn't be opposed to getting a lab test.  Also wouldn't mind if that came back negative before Monday morning.

I get that. I really wish there were more accurate rapid tests out there or at least provide you the data after your test is sent to the lab. I, for one, would really appreciate lab verification and know which version of the virus I'm carrying. I'm also a bit skeptical about the accuracy of non-lab testing and how they're being handled. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out they are only putting a small percentage of positive tests in a lab to check for accuracy and strain. And, as I said before, I highly doubt they are notifying anyone for false-positives because all of the ones I've heard about are from people getting re-tested and/or having a home test give them a false-positive.

Wow that is quite the experience. There are a lot of people that don't have a flexible schedule that would allow them to have done all that. Glad you're negative.

I've been struggling with a cough for 2+ weeks now, but I've had this kind of stuff before including bronchitis a couple of years ago. Since I've got no other symptoms (body aches, fever, loss of taste, etc) and have been steadily improving (crud in my chest is nearly gone and far less coughing) I never got tested. If they self tests were easier to come by, I'd have done that already. If I were out and about more, or had a family here in the house I'd be more concerned and have gotten some kind of test. But I have very limited interactions with others, 2-3 times a week at the gym (I've seen a few more, mostly older, people there lately wearing masks) and church/shopping where I wear a mask already. 

7 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

rest it up

Looks like we're on the downslide of the Omicron variant.  Defintely fewer deaths but hospital occupancy was at capacity throughout middle TN last week.  There are reports out there that Omicron offers better immunity than vaccines but we've also had multiple cases where individuals got over it, tested clear and then got reinfected.  So, the immunity issue is still unresolved.  

I can tell you this, while a single booster is advocated publicly, our ID docs all get boosters every 3 months.  

The potential problem is that Omicron is generally less severe and this will reduce how many people get vaccinated/boosters.  One possibility is that it becomes like most of the other coronaviruses - a common cold.  The other is that we get another mutation that causes the cytokine storm, which led to so many long term covid issues for some.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, rajncajn said:

I get that. I really wish there were more accurate rapid tests out there or at least provide you the data after your test is sent to the lab. I, for one, would really appreciate lab verification and know which version of the virus I'm carrying. I'm also a bit skeptical about the accuracy of non-lab testing and how they're being handled. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out they are only putting a small percentage of positive tests in a lab to check for accuracy and strain. And, as I said before, I highly doubt they are notifying anyone for false-positives because all of the ones I've heard about are from people getting re-tested and/or having a home test give them a false-positive.

Actually, a good screening test for a contagious disease would have a very high sensitivity, which means more false positives.  The home Covid tests are the opposite - they have a high specificity meaning that if it's positive, it's pretty accurate.  Conversely, the sensitivity rate of one home test was reported in sponsored studies to be around 84% but when the CDC did their own testing it was down to 64%, meaning false negatives.  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Wow. A journalist I've never heard of is tired of CV?  This is earth shattering and will be a game changer for society as a whole.  

Not just any journalist you've never heard of, but "a Brainwashed NY Times Leftists" so I'm sure the story is totally unbiased and worth reading....NOT