[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mac Jones starting for NE means...

irish

48 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Last week, the NFL said 93% of players are vaccinated.

Fully vaccinated players will be required to get tested for COVID-19 weekly instead of every 14 days as part of the revised protocols 

Fully vaccinated NFL players will get COVID-19 tests weekly | National | wdrb.com

what is truly amazing is that people don't ask questions. If the vax works and if the NFL is at 93%, which is higher than even Israel, then why...? 

Just ask questions y'all, it is okay to ask and think critically... eventho you're pressured not to :(

People don't think, they do what they're told. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Last week, the NFL said 93% of players are vaccinated.

Fully vaccinated players will be required to get tested for COVID-19 weekly instead of every 14 days as part of the revised protocols 

Fully vaccinated NFL players will get COVID-19 tests weekly | National | wdrb.com

what is truly amazing is that people don't ask questions. If the vax works and if the NFL is at 93%, which is higher than even Israel, then why...? 

Just ask questions y'all, it is okay to ask and think critically... eventho you're pressured not to :(

That's great news!

Anti vaxers are now thanking Cam for being a true Patriot and not giving into tyranny and standing up for his beliefs.  Not kidding. 

These are the same individuals who are mad at the NFL, and Kaepernick, for kneeling during the anthem. 

16 minutes ago, mitpdub said:

Anti vaxers are now thanking Cam for being a true Patriot and not giving into tyranny and standing up for his beliefs.  Not kidding. 

These are the same individuals who are mad at the NFL, and Kaepernick, for kneeling during the anthem. 

Well, I guess he ain't going to the Cowboys. 

2 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I honestly don't see a good fit for him anywhere. He has a spaghetti arm, a huge ego and is shot. I definitely wouldn't want him behind a young QB. That being said Jerrah will probably have him signed by tomorrow morning.

Better than what we had/have, even with his noodle arm. 

Edited by irish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Definitely, but is he worth the BS anymore? 

Maybe for the pre and post game outfits. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I honestly don't see a good fit for him anywhere. He has a spaghetti arm, a huge ego and is shot. I definitely wouldn't want him behind a young QB. That being said Jerrah will probably have him signed by tomorrow morning.

I mean I assume he'll get picked up as a depth piece. But I'm not really clear there is any starting quarterback that isn't better than Cam. Hurts is one of the worst so far, maybe him.  I'm not a hundred percent certain I'd take Cam over any starting quarterback. And then you run the risk of him chirping on the bench as a backup, affecting covid protocols, etc. I personally wouldn't bother unless I had a really shaky qb1 with a good team that would tank with the backup. Or if a GM/coach was in jeopardy. 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Some possible landing spots for Cam Saints, 49ers, Steelers, Falcons, Bucs....:o  I was just thinking it would be funny if he went to TB to back up TB. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cam-newton-released-nfl-insider-lists-steelers-among-five-most-intriguing-teams-for-former-mvp-to-land/

I don't know how Big Ben is this year but he was a bit shaky past year. The Bucs aren't bad if he tolerates backup.. can at least enjoy the ride and he's not a threat to Tom Brady. I don't even know who the backup is though for Tampa Bay. 

Edit: Gabbert and Trask

Edited by purplemonster

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Some possible landing spots for Cam Saints, 49ers, Steelers, Falcons, Bucs....:o  I was just thinking it would be funny if he went to TB to back up TB. 

Tampa Bay would probably be one of the few places that he could go to. Tom Brady is clearly the man in TB so no issues there. I can't see putting him behind a young QB, that would probably not end well. I just don't see many scenarios that make sense. Maybe the Texans??? 

11 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Crazy dumb, Fields has looked really solid and he offers more upside. Fields should be starting especially with the idea that the division is going to the Packers or Vikings anyhow. Might as well let the kid get some experience. 

5 minutes ago, irish said:

Crazy dumb, Fields has looked really solid and he offers more upside. Fields should be starting especially with the idea that the division is going to the Packers or Vikings anyhow. Might as well let the kid get some experience. 

Agree, with or without Dalton they aren't a legit contender. Start the kid at this point. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's a good possibility. I'm not sure of the salary parameters though. Is he still on that big contract? 

He restructured last year after being traded to Bears, has 6.6M cap hit this year, 10.6 in 2022

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/nick-foles-9898/

Not sure about the source but here goes:

"From what I gained from sources inside the actual building… Mac was basically helping Cam learn the playbook," Ninkovich said, as quoted by Hot New Hip Hop. "Mac was having less mental errors and a better understanding of the offense."
To support his statement, Ninkovich, who played for the Patriots for eight seasons, said that despite receiving first-team reps and being unofficially named as the team's QB1, Newton didn't run the no-huddle offense nor the two-minute drill in the preseason games. Though there's a wide gap between them in terms of NFL experience, it seems like Jones was better at mastering the Patriots playbook

Just now, mitpdub said:

Not sure about the source but here goes:

"From what I gained from sources inside the actual building… Mac was basically helping Cam learn the playbook," Ninkovich said, as quoted by Hot New Hip Hop. "Mac was having less mental errors and a better understanding of the offense."
To support his statement, Ninkovich, who played for the Patriots for eight seasons, said that despite receiving first-team reps and being unofficially named as the team's QB1, Newton didn't run the no-huddle offense nor the two-minute drill in the preseason games. Though there's a wide gap between them in terms of NFL experience, it seems like Jones was better at mastering the Patriots playbook

Yeah, this has been reported for at least a week now and is true.