[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurricane Ida

Chief Dick

6 hours ago, irish said:

We didn't get anything close to the full brunt of Ida, just the remnants here on the east coast. However, we experienced half a foot of rain or more in some cases and townships all around me are flooding to the point that my school district closed today. 

A college buddy who lives north of the metro area got flooded real bad.  2 standing feet of water in his garage.

36 minutes ago, darin3 said:

A college buddy who lives north of the metro area got flooded real bad.  2 standing feet of water in his garage.

It's crazy!  11.5 inches of rain fell in some places in 4 hours. Here's a pic of the auto shop in the high of the township I teach in. My teacher partner told me that her parents' basement collapsed with water filling the entire thing. 

IMG950956.jpg

8 hours ago, darin3 said:

I learned from experience,  2' of water = total loss. There isn't much in a house that water doesn't touch. 

7 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I learned from experience,  2' of water = total loss. There isn't much in a house that water doesn't touch. 

My brother in Los Angeles had flooding while on vacation once due to a burst hose on the washer. They spent a few months in a hotel while the house was cleaned up and fixed, while shopping for a new home, never moved back in. Kids were growing and could use more room, but they decided they didn't want to live there after.

Hearing some of the reports, like in NYC where it was 3+ inches of rain in one hour. I forget what they said had been forecast for the 24 hour period, but nobody expected that and it just came out of nowhere.