[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 6 Chat

League_Champion

Boy oh boy, just tuned into the game and see the medical cart out and them working on Taylor. Can't be good.  Has there been any movement in his limbs?

Edited by irish

25 minutes ago, irish said:

Boy oh boy, just tuned into the game and see the medical cart out and them working on Taylor. Can't be good.  Has there been any movement in his limbs?

Saw him move his legs a bit too. Thoughts and prayers out to Darrell Taylor.  Crazy end to regulation...will be interesting overtime. 

• Like 1

Just now, heehawks said:

Saw him move his legs a bit too. Thoughts and prayers out to Darrell Taylor.  Crazy end to regulation...will be interesting overtime. 

Yup on all counts. They reported in game that all extremities are moving. That's great!

6 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Well that sucked. If you are going to run Geno...learn to TUCK THE DAMN BALL!! Geez.

True but Watt is crazy good and that was some punch out! 

Sidenote: I didn't see who it was who recovered the fumble, but he was clearly disoriented and was running the fumble return in the wrong direction, lol. 

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

Hawks look like a completely different team. 

Hawks had the opportunity to turn this around but blew it. Easy INT straight at Jamal Adams, with literally no one between him and the end zone, but Adams is too slow to react and get his hands up so it hits his facemask and bounces away.  Comically bad and thoroughly Adams.  I can count his career INTs on one finger. "Game Changer".  hahahaha

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hawks had the opportunity to turn this around but blew it. Easy INT straight at Jamal Adams, with literally no one between him and the end zone, but Adams is too slow to react and get his hands up so it hits his facemask and bounces away.  Comically bad and thoroughly Adams.  I can count his career INTs on one finger. "Game Changer".  hahahaha

Agree 100%.

15 hours ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Doggone that's pick number six on the season. One in each played so far isn't it?

It was actually his 7th pick of the season, one every week and two in week 4 vs CAR, guy is a beast 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DiggTr00.htm

Based on a quick internet search Dick "Night Train" Lane still holds the record with 14 in a season, dating back to 1952. Yep PFR full list below

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/def_int_single_season.htm

Lester Hayes is 2nd with 13 in 1980 (many of us remember him playing), most recent to hit double digits was Champ Bailey with 10 (tied for 28th on the list) back in 2006. Wow Darren Sharper had 9 three times (2000, 05, 09). Quite a few old times on the all time list, and a few of them are not HOFers

12 hours ago, irish said:

Yup on all counts. They reported in game that all extremities are moving. That's great!

Just to update his condition, he had a clear CT scan, could move all extremities and even made the trip back to Seattle with the team.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2021/10/18/pittsburgh-steelers-seattle-seahawks-darrell-taylor-injury/stories/202110180103

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

He's actually got 2 interceptions in his NFL career, both during his time with the Jets (one each 2018/19)..but your point stands he's nothing special

13 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

..but your point stands he's nothing special

Certainly not special in coverage or at ball hawking INTs.  He's having a mediocre year at best and the INT off his face was almost cartoonish.   

I'm not trying to defend his recent play as he certainly deserves criticism.  But, he was a game wrecker last year and those plays simply aren't happening this year; setting an NFL record for sacks by a DB is kind of special.  It's maddening to watch as a Hawk fan.  I continue to be bewildered by the ongoing insistence of the coordinator to mostly drop him back in coverage instead of scheming him to his unique strengths.  

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Certainly not special in coverage or at ball hawking INTs.  He's having a mediocre year at best and the INT off his face was almost cartoonish.   

I'm not trying to defend his recent play as he certainly deserves criticism.  But, he was a game wrecker last year and those plays simply aren't happening this year; setting an NFL record for sacks by a DB is kind of special.  It's maddening to watch as a Hawk fan.  I continue to be bewildered by the ongoing insistence of the coordinator to mostly drop him back in coverage instead of scheming him to his unique strengths.  

Might he work better as a LB that mostly rushes the passer, plays a bit in coverage on RB/TE? Or is he too small. During the Browns game they were talking about rookie LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (its a mouthful he goes by JOK) and how he's not quite big enough but this seems to be a trend for that kind of hybrid LB/safety who isn't going to be used in down field coverage. But then I think he played LB in college too. He's only a bit bigger (one inch 10 lbs) than Adams, he wears a DB # (28) and I keep forgetting he's really a LB. 

I was rooting for your guys, hate the Steelers with a burning hot fire, I was burned out from a long day and ended up going to bed when it got to OT, as that can really drag on with multiple scores, punts, etc. I saw the result. and will view OT later. 

41 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

He's actually got 2 interceptions in his NFL career, both during his time with the Jets (one each 2018/19)..but your point stands he's nothing special

yeah  I forgot the one that was against Stidham...  you know... that HOF bound QB.

For those of you with vision issues, let me clarify...  Adams has been the most overrated player in the past decade.  He is more of a liability out there than an asset.  The ONLY thing he can do is occasionally rush the passer, otherwise he is a very bad tackler, slow as sh*t in coverage, bad hands (as everyone can see) so will rarely get an INT.  Yep... he'll get about 2 sacks per year.  Woo Hoo. 

He, his dad and his agent absolutely conned the entire NFL.   

23 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

He's soo talented and still very young. I think it's the contract that skeeves everyone out. He'll be fine. 

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yeah  I forgot the one that was against Stidham...  you know... that HOF bound QB.

For those of you with vision issues, let me clarify...  Adams has been the most overrated player in the past decade.  He is more of a liability out there than an asset.  The ONLY thing he can do is occasionally rush the passer, otherwise he is a very bad tackler, slow as sh*t in coverage, bad hands (as everyone can see) so will rarely get an INT.  Yep... he'll get about 2 sacks per year.  Woo Hoo. 

He, his dad and his agent absolutely conned the entire NFL.

Man, your negative bias for the guy is a bit over the top.  

He had 9.5 sacks last year and 6.5 the year before.  His 78 QB pressures the previous four seasons were 30 more than any other DB in the same time span.  PFF had him rated as 3rd best DB against the run over that same time span.  It's not possible to be rated that high and be a 'very bad tackler.'  

33 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

How many games did Adams "change" or "wreck" last season?  Please.  His 2 "game changing" plays  don't even come close to the liability he creates in coverage.  Biggest mistake Seahawks ever made.  

2 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Man, your negative bias for the guy is a bit over the top.  

He had 9.5 sacks last year and 6.5 the year before.  His 78 QB pressures the previous four seasons were 30 more than any other DB in the same time span.  PFF had him rated as 3rd best DB against the run over that same time span.  It's not possible to be rated that high and be a 'very bad tackler.'  

He is TERRIBLE vs the run.  All the props out there are due to his incessant self-promotion.  He is a terrible tackler. All he can do well is occasionally put pressure on the QB.  He can't play safety at all.  He is a slow, undersized linebacker who can't do the his main job, so they use him in other ways, but he really has no true position.  He's almost always late to the play as welin the run game.  I've watched him closely ever since the Jets wasted a 1st round pick on him.  He sucks on every 4 plays out of 5, but the media and fans are blind and only look at the sacks/pressures.  Woo hoo.  He's a liability otherwise.  Anyone who has watched him and hasn't fallen for all the B.S. hype knows this.  

I was mulling through a couple of Seahawks message boards.  It seems that most Seahawk fans know this and agree that the Adams trade has set back that franchise for years to come.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I was mulling through a couple of Seahawks message boards.  It seems that most Seahawk fans know this and agree that the Adams trade has set back that franchise for years to come.

Oh yea.  The trade and contract could very well be a huge mistake.  One can acknowledge that and question your emotionally based exaggerated claims (contradicted by factual metrics) at the same time.  

31 minutes ago, Dcat said:

He is TERRIBLE vs the run.  All the props out there are due to his incessant self-promotion.  He is a terrible tackler. All he can do well is occasionally put pressure on the QB.  He can't play safety at all.  He is a slow, undersized linebacker who can't do the his main job, so they use him in other ways, but he really has no true position.  He's almost always late to the play as welin the run game.  I've watched him closely ever since the Jets wasted a 1st round pick on him.  He sucks on every 4 plays out of 5, but the media and fans are blind and only look at the sacks/pressures.  Woo hoo.  He's a liability otherwise.  Anyone who has watched him and hasn't fallen for all the B.S. hype knows this.  

PFF grades are based on a players shameless self promotion? I guess somebody should tell the TV networks that display that info it is garbage and they should stop doing it.

We get it, you're a Jets fan and think he was a wasted draft pick and a horrible player. But over the top hyperbole isn't useful to a rational discussion. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Oh yea.  The trade and contract could very well be a huge mistake.  One can acknowledge that and question your emotionally based exaggerated claims (contradicted by factual metrics) at the same time.  

Not contradicted at all.  His pass coverage has been atrocious for his entire career.  As a Jets fan, I've watched him, no... STUDIED him far more closely than you during his first 3 years.  Awful pass coverage.  Awful.  Among the very worst in the league.  Just watch his coverage in all his games.  It really  is terrible and the media looks the other way all the time.  His tackling is poor also and he takes the wrong angles constantly.  And there is no denial that he has terrible hands and drops anything that comes his way.  His entire career has been based on his occasional "out-of-position" pass rush.  Woo hoo.  The rest of his play is terrible and if you don't see it, then you haven't watched carefully.  He sucks.  Most seahawk fans that I am friends with are not pleased whatsoever.  Finally, he dissed his own teammates as a Jet more than once ("we need more dawgz" and he was NOT liked by the others in that locker room and that is a fact.  

These are the facts. 

Edited by Dcat

26 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

PFF grades are based on a players shameless self promotion? I guess somebody should tell the TV networks that display that info it is garbage and they should stop doing it.

We get it, you're a Jets fan and think he was a wasted draft pick and a horrible player. But over the top hyperbole isn't useful to a rational discussion. 

PFF grades?  hahahahaha.  Watch him with your own eyes, man.  He s-u-c-k-s.   He'll be out of the league sooner than later because he is too small and slow to be a linebacker for any extended period.  I guess when Pete Carroll gets sick of him whiffing on every pass play that comes near him, others will start to get it.  The media has loved him because of his big mouth ever since college.  They have exaggerated his "greatness" in every whichway and that is a result of his self-promotion, which has been relentless since day 1.  As for PFF, LOL.  We all know that PFF grades aren't anything to toot your horn about and neither are they legit rankings due to their peculiar grading system that is highly questionable.  I don't know anyone who treats PFF rankings as anything mind-blowing.  Please.

Edited by Dcat
  • Sad 1