[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demaryius Thomas

Bobby Brown

I found it very touching that their first play was in a ten man formation, sort of like the "missing man" formation with jets (that always gets me too). And the Lions declined the penalty for ten men on the field. I thought it was cool too that they had his number on the sideline. Here is a video of what they did.

Just FYI (call me whatever you want, don't care....) but the penalty was delay of game. There is no penalty for 10 men in the huddle, or 10 men on the field in the NFL. The announcer got it wrong in talking about it the first time, then later said "and now they'll take the delay of game penalty".

I had to go look it up since I was pretty sure no such penalty exists in the NFL, saw "delay of game declined" in the play-by-play. Then watched the video. Glad that they talked to Lions before so they knew what was going on. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

• 6 months later...

Retired in June, dies 6 months later, how sad. Hopefully they can continue to reduce the dangers these guys face as they play a game to entertain us. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34196429/boston-university-researchers-say-late-nfl-star-wide-receiver-demaryius-thomas-suffered-degenerative-brain-disease-cte 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That's sad. What's even sadder and never discussed is that nearly every infantry soldier who's been in combat has it as well. Just one more thing that's swept under the rug. 

How do they get it? Concussion from explosives? I was not aware of that.

The bomb blasts certainly caused their share of concussions for soldiers. One thing I read said between 5 & 35% of those deployed in Afghanistan had one. But I did come across a video from a US Navy doctor saying that a study they did shows that 85% of concussions occur outside of combat, in training, in sports, motor vehicle crashes etc. His point was we still need to address concussions and treatment because having less combat is not likely to reduce their numbers greatly. 

https://www.brainline.org/video/most-common-causes-concussions-military

• 5 weeks later...