[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gun owners - do you shoot guns off to celebrate things?

stevegrab

19 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Knowing where your guns are would be a good first step. Many of the cases where somebody tried to get thru TSA checkpoint with a gun in their bag they claimed "I didn't even know that was in there". Really? 

I agree with that as well. That's just pure stupidity. But at the end of the day criminals aren't running around with legally purchased registered guns. 

20 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Knowing where your guns are would be a good first step. Many of the cases where somebody tried to get thru TSA checkpoint with a gun in their bag they claimed "I didn't even know that was in there". Really? 

I agree there too. I can see some situations where you are doing concealed carry and just forget you have it on you because some of those holsters are so relatively comfortable and non-intrusive, not to mention you get conditioned to it just being there where you only notice when it's not. Kind of like wearing a watch, belt or glasses. But it really shouldn't happen as often as it does. I know that if I'm packing and getting dressed to go to the airport, I'm certainly not going to strap on my gun or put it in my luggage expecting that I'll remember to remove it before I enter the airport. Even if I did bring it with me then I'd be leaving it in my car, which I would never do anyway for any long period and/or without a vehicle safe.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Why only list mass shootings?

:lol: I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself without jumping in and trying to change the argument.

Why are you taking issue with me posting factual data instead of Snooki saying simplistic stupid BS falsehoods?

Edited by Bobby Brown

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

:lol: I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself without jumping in and trying to change the argument.

Why are you taking issue with me posting factual data instead of Snooki saying simplistic stupid BS falsehoods?

When is it not ok to simplify a statement when it's obvious that you are not being literal? If you take the total number of gun crimes committed in the US in a year, what percentage of them do you think are committed with illegally obtained weapons? At what percentage do you think you could fairly say that "it doesn't happen?" If we're talking about voter fraud, I see people say "it doesn't happen" all the time, yet we've all seen news stories of it actually happening.

Maybe LC as overstating the facts, but statistically speaking the large majority of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns. By pointing out only mass shooting statistics it has the appearance that you are trying to cover up that fact, which is kind of what you are accusing him of.

10 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Maybe LC as overstating the facts, but statistically speaking the large majority of gun crimes are committed with illegal guns.

That's an undisputable fact, and it's not even close. Take all of the murders/gun violence within city limits of Chicago, LA, Philly, Baltimore, Washington DC or any area where violent crimes rates are out of control. The overwhelming majority of these crimes weren't committed by legally permitted gun owners. CRIMINALS CAN'T BUY GUNS, especially in democrat run cities. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

That's an undisputable fact, and it's not even close. Take all of the murders/gun violence within city limits of Chicago, LA, Philly, Baltimore, Washington DC or any area where violent crimes rates are out of control. The overwhelming majority of these crimes weren't committed by legally permitted gun owners. CRIMINALS CAN'T BUY GUNS, especially in democrat run cities. 

So they steal them from people who ignorantly leave their guns in their car or house where they're not well hidden or secured. It's certainly a frustrating circle, especially for more responsible gun owners.

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

So criminals can buy guns in republican run cities?  Is that a good thing?  Or was this an attempted knock on Democrats that backfired? 

What prevents a criminal from buying a gun? Is it the seller doing a background check? Aren't there places that sell guns (gun shows, private sellers) where those don't occur? 

Maybe you meant "a felon is not allowed to legally own a gun", but even that can vary by state from things I've read. (Many think felons can never vote, but that is also not true in the entire US.) 

37 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

So criminals can buy guns in republican run cities?  Is that a good thing?  Or was this an attempted knock on Democrats that backfired? 

What prevents a criminal from buying a gun? Is it the seller doing a background check? Aren't there places that sell guns (gun shows, private sellers) where those don't occur? 

Maybe you meant "a felon is not allowed to legally own a gun", but even that can vary by state from things I've read. (Many think felons can never vote, but that is also not true in the entire US.) 

You really do drink the Lib Kool-Aid don't you? You should probably know more about the garbage you spew before you open your Libtard mouth. Thank God our forefathers weren't psssys. 

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

When is it not ok to simplify a statement when it's obvious that you are not being literal? 

Well you see, you and Snooki have established that guns dont correlate with crimes, only mayors do.  Since most mass shootings happen in cities and towns, and most towns and cities have mayors; mass shootings seemed like the most appropriate metric.

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Maybe LC as overstating the facts, 

Us has a lot of gun crimes, and not a lot of data on where they come from; different metrics show contradictory things.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-u-s-has-a-lot-of-guns-involved-in-crimesbut-very-little-data-on-where-they-came-from/

LC is a troll and a blowhard who routinely makes absolute statements which aren't based on facts.  It's odd you are rushing to his defense because you want to minimize the factual data I posted.  It's very clear that mass murderers are in fact, 'running around with legal guns.'   I'm also not really vested in this debate; I'm noting the lack of intellectual honesty.   

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well you see, you and Snooki have established that guns dont correlate with crimes, only mayors do.  Since most mass shootings happen in cities and towns, and most towns and cities have mayors; mass shootings seemed like the most appropriate metric.

:lol: You'd make a decent corn farmer. You wouldn't find a crow within miles of your field.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Us has a lot of gun crimes, and not a lot of data on where they come from; different metrics show contradictory things.  

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-u-s-has-a-lot-of-guns-involved-in-crimesbut-very-little-data-on-where-they-came-from/

LC is a troll and a blowhard who routinely makes absolute statements which aren't based on facts.  It's odd you are rushing to his defense because you want to minimize the factual data I posted.  It's very clear that mass murderers are in fact, 'running around with legal guns.'   I'm also not really vested in this debate; I'm noting the lack of intellectual honesty.   

I'm minimizing the factual data you posted because you posted minimal factual data just to make a point. While LC overstated the facts,  you marginalized them. It's not much different than what you're complaining about.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I'm minimizing the factual data you posted because I don't like that data. you posted minimal factual data just to make a point. While LC overstated the facts,  you marginalized them. It's not much different than what you're complaining about.

Fixed. 

7 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

While LC overstated the facts, 

:lol:

Crime experts say we don't have enough data to determine those facts.  I'm going to go with what they are saying over what you and Snooki think you know. 

Gun debates in America are absolutely useless; almost no one can stay objective. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

35 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Yep

I'm not a gun person.  Never was, never will be.  My dad wasn't, so I guess it just kinda passed down that way.  As you may recall, my wife's from your neck of the woods and of course her side of the family, the male side, all hunters / gun toters.  She's expressed mild interest in having one in the house for protection but I'm fairly against it. I think the cons just outweigh any pros.  That said, I'm not opposed to responsible gun ownership.

I know I've shot a BB gun. That's it.  

And I'm fairly certain my boy will be a "gun guy".  He already has a fair arsenal of Nerf guns, plays Call of Duty on my iPad, and loves wearing anything camouflage  :lol:  .  I would not be shocked if he enters the military at 18.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I'm not a gun person.  Never was, never will be.  My dad wasn't, so I guess it just kinda passed down that way.  As you may recall, my wife's from your neck of the woods and of course her side of the family, the male side, all hunters / gun toters.  She's expressed mild interest in having one in the house for protection but I'm fairly against it. I think the cons just outweigh any pros.  That said, I'm not opposed to responsible gun ownership.

I know I've shot a BB gun. That's it.  

And I'm fairly certain my boy will be a "gun guy".  He already has a fair arsenal of Nerf guns, plays Call of Duty on my iPad, and loves wearing anything camouflage  :lol:  .  I would not be shocked if he enters the military at 18.

1st lesson: Real guns are nothing at all like Call of Duty. Make certain he knows the difference.