[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Party this summer!

1fastdoc

I've been on message boards dating back to 1996 and I got to know a handful of people from a mustang board in particular to the point that we've met in person and developed friendships.  Compared to most of the guys here I'm still a newb. But I've been around long enough to get some appreciation for the personalities.

I would love to host a get together in Nashville this summer and see what happens if some of the more... opinionated members show up.  My guess is we're all a lot more moderate than some of the online personas would suggest.  

For those of you who tend to find yourselves at odds with another member, have you ever actually met?

I wonder if it would turn into a great gathering of guys who love football or if it would turn into a battle to the death.  For what it's worth, I can provide guns, knives, swords and various other weapons for sanctioned duels. 

edit: maybe it would be better to host in September, once the season is underway, so we have more stuff to argue about.  lol

Edited by 1fastdoc

Have never met anybody here before. I'm sure most are great guys, some I disagree with I'd probably get along fine with. Others I'd want to punch in the throat ;)   

I know that back in the glory days of the forum people used to do some get togethers, or they'd message another huddler when in their neck of the woods to get together for drinks. 

I'd probably pass, not that many will object

16 hours ago, Big John said:

There were a few get togethers in Vegas for the NFL opening weekend.

2006 report

WOW 16 years ago?   Some amazing names and posts in there and I only got through 6 pages.  

I have a trip to Santa Barbara planned for the end of April....  but I do travel a bit for work, so it's not completely impossible.  I have some projects in Knoxville... :shrug:  

Every year I go to a Hot Wheels convention that travels mostly on the East Coast. There's been some trips to LA for Conventions out there. I would always post a few months in advance my hotel and when I was free. Once the business fell off on off topic I stopped but I met lots of Huddlers this way. Nashville's a place I visited one time back in 2017 when I went to poke my now ex-girlfriend. She's still there and we still talk. I even have a chance of relocating there in a year after I get my feet wet in my new role at Amazon. I don't know if I could meet up this summer but if I do move there, I'll message you. I just moved to the Phoenix area and have been in contact with Shortynazz who's a short drive away. It's always cool meeting the face behind the screen name. I'm much more active on a Hot Wheels collectors site and have made many more friends there than here. It's truly remarkable how the boards fostered such friendships

15 hours ago, loaf said:

Every year I go to a Hot Wheels convention that travels mostly on the East Coast. There's been some trips to LA for Conventions out there. I would always post a few months in advance my hotel and when I was free. Once the business fell off on off topic I stopped but I met lots of Huddlers this way. Nashville's a place I visited one time back in 2017 when I went to poke my now ex-girlfriend. She's still there and we still talk. I even have a chance of relocating there in a year after I get my feet wet in my new role at Amazon. I don't know if I could meet up this summer but if I do move there, I'll message you. I just moved to the Phoenix area and have been in contact with Shortynazz who's a short drive away. It's always cool meeting the face behind the screen name. I'm much more active on a Hot Wheels collectors site and have made many more friends there than here. It's truly remarkable how the boards fostered such friendships

OMG you left the wonderful paradise of Cleveland? Don't you miss the feet of snow and below zero temps :D

• 1 month later...

I'm driving to Vegas tomorrow morning for a 1 day-er at a Hot Wheels/Diecast convention at the Plaza hotel. Hope to sell enough to cover the cost of the room and gas, lol

6 hours ago, loaf said:

I'm driving to Vegas tomorrow morning for a 1 day-er at a Hot Wheels/Diecast convention at the Plaza hotel. Hope to sell enough to cover the cost of the room and gas, lol

I did not realize how truly big into Hot Wheels you are. How long have you been doing this and what do you do for a living along with this?

I work at one of Amazon's corporate offices in Tempe. I don't make a living off of Hot Wheels. It's a hobby but since this is driving distance and the dude gave me a free ticket, I figured I'd try to downsize some today.

I'm flying down to Charlotte at the end of the month for the big one, The Nationals. Have only missed 2 or 3 since 2003. Won't be selling there, just a buyer

Edited by loaf
  • Like 2