[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rob Gronkowski Retires from NFL After 11-Year Career

League_Champion

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, I bet TB was counting on his return and does not have a plan for his absence

I've been adding copies of Brate for a while now, while gronk saw the majority of targets,  he is still 10.6 yards per catch for his career with 250(ish) rec and 33 tds and 6-5".  Not a small target by any means 

9 hours ago, millworkguy said:

Gronk the last 2 seasons

55-802-6

45-623-7

700 yards is only 41 yards a game, it's a 17 game season. I said it was over market but it's not crazy. That could be a ceiling for him, I wouldn't count on it but I think a full season with Tom Brady can make anyone look good. 

Edited by League_Champion

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Big John said:

The Bucs just signed Kyle Rudolph, per ESPN.

Saw that.  I think Brate is still TE1, with the rookie Cade Otton fighting for the backup spot.  

I don't think this is much of a big deal for anyone.  Rudolph is not good anymore.

While Rudy won't be a #1 TE this year, he's always had the hands to catch just about anything thrown in his direction.  He could be a decent red zone target. He's also #14 TE all time in tds. He needs 5 more to be top 10. I'd bet money that happens this year, if he stays healthy.  that's the big if tho.

1 hour ago, BillyBalata said:

While Rudy won't be a #1 TE this year, he's always had the hands to catch just about anything thrown in his direction.  He could be a decent red zone target. He's also #14 TE all time in tds. He needs 5 more to be top 10. I'd bet money that happens this year, if he stays healthy.  that's the big if tho.

I agree. I wouldn't expect him to light it up in fantasy terms but it's a nice signing by Tampa. 

1 hour ago, BillyBalata said:

He could be a decent red zone target. He's also #14 TE all time in tds. He needs 5 more to be top 10. I'd bet money that happens this year, if he stays healthy.  that's the big if tho.

I'd take that bet,

he has caught 8 td's in the last 3 seasons, and 12 in the last 4.

• Like 1