[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL launches exclusive streaming subscription service NFL+

League_Champion

10 minutes ago, Big Country said:

FYP  :oldrazz:

Basically.  I would hate to switch over and find that I don't get one of the channels that I sometimes watch.  I guess a good bit of due diligence could ensure I'm getting what I want, but I go through spells where I'll watch a show religiously for a few months and then switch to some other one(s).

And don't even get me started on what the wife watches out in the living room.  :shrug:  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huh.  We paused a show on our DirecTV DVR tonight and there was some DirecTV ads and what not while you're "on pause".  One of the ads said that we supposedly are getting Sunday Ticket (with Red Zone) for free this season.  I thought Sunday Ticket (and Red Zone) were no longer on DirecTV?  WTH is going on here?  I am going to call DirecTV tomorrow to see what's going on.

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

Huh.  We paused a show on our DirecTV DVR tonight and there was some DirecTV ads and what not while you're "on pause".  One of the ads said that we supposedly are getting Sunday Ticket (with Red Zone) for free this season.  I thought Sunday Ticket (and Red Zone) were no longer on DirecTV?  WTH is going on here?  I am going to call DirecTV tomorrow to see what's going on.

This is the last season for Sunday Ticket on Direct TV

8 hours ago, darin3 said:

Appears to be free with their CHOICE package

https://www.directv.com/sports/nfl/

I sure hope there was no blaring audio with those adds when your DVR program was paused. 

• 4 months later...

More NFL action moving to the streaming world, John Ourand is a very reliable source on these kind of stories. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/21/report-youtube-to-pay-2-5-billion-per-year-for-sunday-ticket/

As covered in the article, the NFL was out to get the most money, and that meant going with the partner that offered the most, and as a result will charge the most for the product. Apparently CBS, Fox and others were in the hunt but wanted to make it cheaper to the end user, which meant less in their offer to the NFL.

The NFL is clearly ready to move on from traditional TV, well after the current contracts with CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN/ABC are up (10 years I think). 

Edited by stevegrab