[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL launches exclusive streaming subscription service NFL+

League_Champion

41 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Yeah that’s a bummer, I was hoping you could  pay just for red zone or the whole Sunday ticket. 

It'll get closer to there once existing contracts are up. Might take a few years, but they could eventually consolidate the majority of games, things like Hard Knocks, and have their entire back catalog of old games and NFL Network programming readily available.

They'll never get away from broadcasting games of course, but they can corner the streaming side of things.

19 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Yeah that’s a bummer, I was hoping you could  pay just for red zone or the whole Sunday ticket. 

I thought there was a way this would be possible even with the changes that are happening.  I'll have to Googlez...

4 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

If you stream on HULU you can buy RedZone on it's own. 9.99 per month during the season.

I think that's the way I'm going.  I'm gonna get Hulu ($6.99/mo) and add RZ.  So basically $17/mo for the season.  

59 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I think that's the way I'm going.  I'm gonna get Hulu ($6.99/mo) and add RZ.  So basically $17/mo for the season.  

43 minutes ago, Def. said:

Could of swore that is only with Hulu + which is more like $70/month. 

Yeah, I'm not sure. I pay for the Hulu Live package that has Disney+ and ESPN+ included for $69.99 per month. I then add the Red Zone in the fall.

But, ESPN+ is raising their prices in August so that's gonna change somehow.

2 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Yeah, that one does not give you local channels or regular ESPN or none of that stuff. So if you want to watch NFL on FOX, NBC and CBS you won't be able to. You have to go to the HULU Live version.

You may know that already but just pointing that out for those that don't know.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Big John said:

I don't like things moving to a paid streaming entity.

Yep totally agree. But its going to be time to dump old school pay TV soon as the prices continue to go up. My AT&T bill is now over $200, about $70 for internet the rest for TV, without any premium channels, maybe one tier up from their cheapest option. I just like the DVR style of TV, find what I want, record and watch when I want. If my internet is down for some reason, I can still watch my DVR. If you're streaming its all done that way, and any "DVR" is probably in the cloud. 

I also don't know if its cheaper in the long run to have the same stuff you want/need. Lucky its just me, nobody here who is demanding Disney+ or any other specific service to watch their content. 

All costs being equal streaming is MILES better than any other service. My cable box is my phone or ipad and I can move my TV anywhere I want and just plug it into a wall.

I can cancel anything whenever I want and start it up whenever I want. I don't have to talk to anybody and nobody has to come to my house to hook stuff up. It's heaven.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chief Dick said:

Yeah, that one does not give you local channels or regular ESPN or none of that stuff. So if you want to watch NFL on FOX, NBC and CBS you won't be able to. You have to go to the HULU Live version.

You may know that already but just pointing that out for those that don't know.

Oh.  We will still keep DirecTV for all that shizz.  I am just getting Hulu for a few months to be able to access RedZone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Will not give you the option for RZ, just telling ya now. 

Really?  That's stupid.  How do you know?

I gotta find the cheapest and easiest solution here.  :shrug:  

Edited by darin3

18 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Really?  That's stupid.  How do you know?

I gotta find the cheapest and easiest solution here.  :shrug:  

Because what you are looking at is not the Hulu Live, which is what you need to be able to access live shows.

What you are looking at is the equivalent of Netflix where there is no live stream, you pick a show you want to watch from their library and watch it, but you do not have access to live channels or live sports.

For what it's worth, much like what @Chief Dick said above, I have found the streaming options (I have Hulu Live, but even YoutTubeTV or Sling, etc.) to be infinitely better than anything I've had with AT&T or Direct TV. 

18 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Because what you are looking at is not the Hulu Live, which is what you need to be able to access live shows.

What you are looking at is the equivalent of Netflix where there is no live stream, you pick a show you want to watch from their library and watch it, but you do not have access to live channels or live sports.

For what it's worth, much like what @Chief Dick said above, I have found the streaming options (I have Hulu Live, but even YoutTubeTV or Sling, etc.) to be infinitely better than anything I've had with AT&T or Direct TV. 

Gah.  What a crock.  We are so set with DirecTV.  I've heard such good things about the streaming services but just can't bring ourselves to switch over.  I mean, we have Netflix and Disney+ but mainly use DTV.

I think I can get RZC on my iPad through NFL.com but I'd much prefer it on my office TV.

I need to keep researching.  :( 

14 hours ago, darin3 said:

Gah.  What a crock.  We are so set with DirecTV.  I've heard such good things about the streaming services but just can't bring ourselves to switch over.  I mean, we have Netflix and Disney+ but mainly use DTV.

I think I can get RZC on my iPad through NFL.com but I'd much prefer it on my office TV.

Is your office TV relatively new? If so maybe you could "cast" the video from your iPad to it. Or access it directly on the TV with a browser? When I got a new Samsung TV a few years ago I would sometimes find things on my phone and then send it to the TV. (Possibly an easier thing since both are Samsung and have what is needed.)  I can also find the things on my TV thru internet, Youtube etc. but that requires a bit more effort at times using the remote or voice commands. 

19 hours ago, darin3 said:

Gah.  What a crock.  We are so set in our ways with DirecTV.  I've heard such good things about the streaming services but I am old and fear change so we just can't bring ourselves to switch over.  I mean, we have Netflix and Disney+ but mainly use DTV.

FYP  :oldrazz:

• Haha 1