[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dontrelle Hilliard / Derek Henry

gijoerock

• gijoerock changed the title to Dontrelle Hilliard / Derek Henry
2 hours ago, gijoerock said:

I saw Henry go in the blue tent during the game.  Just wondering what that was all about.

It happens for various reasons during a game, if the player returned and kept playing that usually means they are OK and there is no real injury to be concerned about. Did he miss any practice this week, has he been on the injury report? That would be a reason to ask "what's up with Henry and his injury?" 

Most fantasy sites indicate player injury status, today I noticed two of my players (Pittman and Ertz) carry Q-questionable injury status after missing practice. I read the CBS (our fantasy site) player news for Henry there is nothing about an injury, or even that he left the field to go in the blue tent during the game. 

Also, if you're wondering about an injury to a player and are going to ask about it, helps if you explain why you are concerned, like the blue tent thing would have been worth including in your initial post. As you see some started to wonder what they missed, since there was no word on an injury. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevegrab said:

It happens for various reasons during a game, if the player returned and kept playing that usually means they are OK and there is no real injury to be concerned about. Did he miss any practice this week, has he been on the injury report? That would be a reason to ask "what's up with Henry and his injury?" 

I'm aware of everything you mentioned. Just wondered if anyone saw anything different besides the blue tent.

Hilliard played 12 snaps total (by comparison, Henry had 44 snaps, Tory Carter had 12 and Haskins had 9)

2 carries, 4 targets

He just happened to get 2 TDs.

I can't say he made the top of any of my lists as a must grab free agent. The TD rate is fluky. If he didn't get those, he would barely be making a blip on anyone's radar.

That said, if you have a roster spot, sure, why not add him if you need a RB lottery ticket, but this team screams committee with no viable fantasy back if anything happens to Henry.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2022 at 7:16 PM, Shorttynaz said:

Hilliard is $$ if Henry misses any time.   He's like Pollard to Zeke.  Still relevant as a pass catcher

This is Hillard's 5th year in the NFL.  He did some really good things last year after Henry got hurt, but then he got hurt himself right away.  

Yes - he's certainly worth rostering, but I doubt bell cow status in the event of Henry injury relative to guys like Pollard or Kareem Hunt. How many snaps did Hilliard get last week?

His pass catching ability certainly makes him interesting. It needs to be noted he took a total of 2 rushes and 4 passing targets targets last week to a multitude of points that included 2 TD receptions.  

I'm not yet convinced he's going to become a relevant PPR flex type player when Henry is healthy.  I'm certainly convinced he isn't going to continue getting 4 fantasy points per run/pass target. 

ETA:  Nevermind...I  just read Big Country's post after I posted mine and made redundancy.  The hope would be he deserves more than 12 snaps per game moving forward.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Thanks 1