[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers vs Browns (TNF)

League_Champion

14 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Look at that O/U 😂

That was a great bet until the fumble recover for a TD.  Like Al said "well that probably mattered to some people

13 hours ago, Big John said:

listen to it on the radio.

I was wishing I did that at times, Al was kind of annoying constantly tossing barbs at the Browns. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Cooper TD 

Guess I made a good call inserting him into my lineup. (Concerned with Pittman and 2 others possibly out, so I used him on TNF and if Pittman starts I'll swap him for Michael Thomas. 

13 hours ago, Yoyo said:

A little passing game getting going now to even things out. 

Yes it was, I was amazed he even had a chance as I watched the ball arrive, rewound and watched it several times over. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Njoku early targets, nice! 

He had a huge game, caught the first 7-8 passed thrown his way, 9 of 10 overall. 

13 hours ago, Yoyo said:

That doesn't help me York, might be on the drop list next week.

Have to admit I'm very disappointed with 2 XP misses after that huge FG to win it in week 1. But the winds were really swirling last night, one of the toughest stadiums to kick in and he is just learning. 

After Sunday's disappointing collapse and loss, it was great to get the win. Not pretty, and we lost some players to injury (think LB Walker may be serious, knee injury with an air cast as he was carted off). 

And WTF was with that chalupa from PIT piling on top of him after that hit? When I saw a flag and him laying on the guy I figured he had outright tackled him and it was a holding call. Then they show the replay, Walker collapses to the ground and Okorafor jumps on him. In watching the replay I see that PIT OL #78 (not Okorafor) does step on Walker's leg, but you can see Walker is already injured as he falls to the ground, leg got twisted as he was being blocked. 

I also recall a play during the game where a PIT DL clearly grabbed a CLE OL by the face mask, and no call. The officials seemed lost a few times guess its still early season for them too. 

The Browns will need to continue this good start, 5-3 or 6-2 before the bye week, especially with only 3 home games in the final 9. But that will be hard, the schedule doesn't have many easy wins (@ATL, LAC, NE, @BAL, CIN, bye, @MIA, @BUF, TB, @HOU, @CIN, BAL, NO, @WAS, @PIT)

Edited by stevegrab

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

The Browns will need to continue this good start, 5-3 or 6-2 before the bye week, especially with only 3 home games in the final 9. But that will be hard, the schedule doesn't have many easy wins (@ATL, LAC, NE, @BAL, CIN, bye, @MIA, @BUF, TB, @HOU, @CIN, BAL, NO, @WAS, @PIT)

I think your Browns are in good shape. This is all they can ask, just hang in there until Watson takes over. The division is so bad that they may even be leading it by that time. I'd feel pretty good about it if I were you. 

32 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

After Sunday's disappointing collapse and loss, it was great to get the win. Not pretty, and we lost some players to injury (think LB Walker may be serious, knee injury with an air cast as he was carted off). 

And WTF was with that chalupa from PIT piling on top of him after that hit? When I saw a flag and him laying on the guy I figured he had outright tackled him and it was a holding call. Then they show the replay, Walker collapses to the ground and Okorafor jumps on him. In watching the replay I see that PIT OL #78 (not Okorafor) does step on Walker's leg, but you can see Walker is already injured as he falls to the ground, leg got twisted as he was being blocked. 

He is denying doing anything wrong: https://steelersnow.com/steelers-chuks-okorafor-injured-browns-lb-anthony-walker/

1 hour ago, Big John said:

Of course he is. And he may be right, maybe his position doesn't allow him to see Walker fall to the ground in a heap immediately clearly in serious pain. Watched the video embedded in that link again, he was looking right at Walker who fell in a way that made it appear he had a serious injuries (bracing himself for fall). Also looks like Okorafor has his left hand on Walker's neck, which I believe could be a hands to the face penalty. Not holding any long term grudge myself, not sure how Walker or the other Browns players feel. 

I did notice the other lineman that stepped on Walker's leg (clearly an accident, and after he fell, before or as Okorafor jumps on him) came over to the cart to check on Walker before they drove off. At first I thought it was Okorafor and that had me upset.